Ambivalent Luddite

Toronto Cycles Titanium bar & stem

Anybody have any experience with these parts or others from these guys?

I was looking for a Ti bar and these are less than half the price of Moots or Seven cycles. These are Chinese imports no doubt, but as long as they are using the correct alloys they should be good, right?

inFATuated
    98 Ti Fat, 98 CC, 98 Yo, 96 Yo x 2, 93 Buck

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Hell even if they're using commercially pure Grade 4 titanium they should be ok. At the weights they're claiming, 175g for a 25.4 x 580mm, that's not as light as some Ti bars of the past have been. Hell SR Sakae's old CP bars were 180g x 560mm as I recall, and that was twenty years ago. Even pure titanium is still much stronger than 7075T6 aluminium.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    We've ordered Ti bolts from Toronto Cycles and have been happy with the bolts and their service.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I ordered a seatpost from toronto cycles and it was brutal. It developed a complete crack all the way around after about 1 1/2 seasons of riding. Watch out for these products. They could be very dangerous.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I had a terrible experience with this seller. After a successful first delivery the second one never made it. The guy refused to re-send the bolts I have ordered or do a refund saying he can't afford the loss. By the way, he doesn't send his products with registered mail so there is no tracking whatsoever. Very displeased with such behaviour. Best avoided.

I did one large order of things with him ONCE and was not overall very satisfied with the money spent. Among my problems with the order was the "red" annodized parts which were more a pink/red/rose colour, the ceramic bearing pulleys I paid extra for were duplicates of the regular bearing pulleys I ordered, and when I tried emailing to even ask what was up with two sets of identical pulleys when I had ordered two different kinds... suddenlly he stops responding to emails.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I had similar issue's. The red is NOT red, it's pink. I also did a second order but never received it (although, he did refund me).

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Even when its red it fades almost before your eyes. Take a look at the colour of the tapered head bolt:
    Straight out of the packet:

Now its only barely pink:

The SLP covers have received the same sun etc. and haven't changed in colour at all. For some reason the red anodising is really crappy.

Person
    Sep 2005
    I've never had a problem with them after many orders. You all need to keep in mind you get what you pay for, there are places where you can spend a lot more for better ano. He sells SRP bolts for more $$$ if you want better quality.

Its made more confusing if you shop on ebay as there are two accounts apparently being used by toronto cycles (or that's what it looks like as the product offerings are practically identical and the descriptions are basically identical and copied from the toronto cycles webpage). One has 600+ feedback and the other close to 500 feedback. One shows as being in toronto, the other scarborough which is basically part of the greater toronto city since they amalgamated them a decade ago.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    i did a big order from them about a year ago and it never arrived. they were good on the phone, though, and gave me a full refund.

Low Rep Count
    Yep, I have some red bolts in my old BB7's that are now a light pink. This happened in less than 4 months of riding. I however never had any problems with any of my 3 different orders for bolts from them and I can honestly say my transactions went very smoothly.

mtbr member
    I've bought parts from them many times and they know their parts. Good pricing and fast sending

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I buy all mi ti bolts and parts from him. Usually good, but sometimes slow to ship and forgets particulars like anodized colors on some ti bolts.
    Scott Scale 29er with Carbon Lefty at an insane 16.9 pounds.