Ty
    mtbr member

Titec Pork Rinds

Anyone know if Titec are still making the Pork Rind Grips ??

I heard a while back that Titec had gone bust, but spotted a two pairs of Pork Rinds in a shop today, I love these grips and bought a pair, but if Titec are dead I will rush back and grab this last piece of lightweightgriphistory™

anyone know if they are still going?

cheers

Ty
    Attached Images Attached Images

6x7=Dont Panic!
    I believe they are still making them. They are definately not in short supply. They advertise and sell them on the titec website. I have the grips and cant say that I love them. For the first few months, sure, but then they start slipping. Although, they are def. the most comfortable grips I have ever run.
    Herro prease

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Titec is alive and well.

Ty
    mtbr member
    yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

cheers for the replys

also just seen this:

http://www.poshbikes.com/product.php?id=266

www.justthebonnet.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra
    I believe they are still making them. They are definately not in short supply. They advertise and sell them on the titec website. I have the grips and cant say that I love them. For the first few months, sure, but then they start slipping. Although, they are def. the most comfortable grips I have ever run.
    same problem here, they do slip alot. I now use the Ritchey WCS foam grips and they are a little thicker which equals more comfort, plus after 9 months they have not slipped.
    Capt_Phun's Riding Blog:
    http://captphun.blogspot.com/

I better go get my headlamp while I'm sober....ish

I love Pisgah
    Cambria sells'm.

Hate the feel compared to the heavier WCS grips tho. Still trying to get used to them.

www.justthebonnet.com
    So thats what has become of Posh Spice??!!! SHe openend up a bike shop nice. I always had a thing for sporty spice, figuring she could really move that bootie in bed.
    Ok sorry, back to work.
    Capt_Phun's Riding Blog:

Mep
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    What's the weight of the heavier Ritchey WCS foam grips like ?

noob
    Feb 2004
    I have the Pork Rinds on my bike with XT shifters and my wife has cut down versions on her gripshift bike. A trick I use during install is to use hairspray to slide them onto the handlebars. My grips have never slipped with this method. I have been using them extensively for about a year and a half.

I love Pisgah
    Ritchey WCS run 45-55gms. About twice the weight, being the heaviest of the foam type grips(they are actually a thick comfy cozy neoprene), but still less then half of std type grips. But, that extra oz. of weight is really nice to have on a rough course, IMHO. I've compromised and keep the WCS grips on all my bikes but the race dedicated bike, which has the PRs. I do have a new set of WCS grips waiting to go on it tho. I'm gonna give the PRs a couple more races before deciding. Sure are light tho, but sometimes thats not THE most important thing, especially when it comes to comfort/control.

www.justthebonnet.com
    Yeah I was gonna say Duckman, 1 ounce is not gonna make that much of a difference. DOn't get me wrong, I weight weenied my SC Stupidlight to around 22.8 pounds but all within reason and expense.

I agree that the extra foam is indeed worth the extra ounce. If people are that weight weenish, just pick your nose before a race to loose up to an ounce of big snots!!!! Comfort outweighs (no pun intended) weight of certain equipment.

Capt_Phun's Riding Blog:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckman
    Ritchey WCS run 45-55gms. About twice the weight, being the heaviest of the foam type grips(they are actually a thick comfy cozy neoprene), but still less then half of std type grips. But, that extra oz. of weight is really nice to have on a rough course, IMHO. I've compromised and keep the WCS grips on all my bikes but the race dedicated bike, which has the PRs. I do have a new set of WCS grips waiting to go on it tho. I'm gonna give the PRs a couple more races before deciding. Sure are light tho, but sometimes thats not THE most important thing, especially when it comes to comfort/control.
    Don't forget the Extralite Neo Grips. Not too hard to get on and off, but they don't slip at all. Much more comfortable than the Pork Rinds. They weigh in at 35g (31g grips and 4g plugs). My Pork Rinds slipped a little on my Titec 118 bar, but not enough to bother me. When I switched to a Syntace carbon bar they started to slip a lot. I considered using hairspray, but figured I might have to destroy the grips if I wanted to get them off after that. I went to the Neo Grips and am much happier. Another thing I noticed is that using XO twist shifters, the Neo Grip's bigger diameter is better matched to diameter of the shifter. The NG's are more comfortable than the PR's in general, but even more so with the XO twisters.

mtbr member

Yea, you can still get em'...

Bought one pair directly from Titec online and another (for backup) from Cambria. If you've got big hands (like me) they're going to take some getting used to. I went from ODI lock-on's in the "Yeti" pattern to these little guys. Worth the 100+ grams of weight savings. After the first few rides you get used to them.

Maromero

Not really sure

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman
    About that weight. I got a pair of WCS way over the 45 and that is even without the plugs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love Pisgah
    Ouch. I was going by the weightweenies site and what I've heard here many times before. I haven't weight mine since my scale sucks for this less of weight. Ritcheys line of neo grips is confusing also, as theres about 3 models that all sorta look the same, but vary in claimed weight. I dunno man.

Recovering couch patato
    GrabOn has great mtn grips, 30 a pair, and much thicker than the Titec's. I love my GrabOns, always try to keep a spare set around. Cut down they work well with gripshift, the thickness makes for a smooth transition.
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

May contain nuts
    $4 bike foam grips from my local bulk-import store. Nice comfy shape, light as f**k and so cheap I just use contact glue to stop em turning...

Boj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0
    I have the Pork Rinds on my bike with XT shifters and my wife has cut down versions on her gripshift bike. A trick I use during install is to use hairspray to slide them onto the handlebars. My grips have never slipped with this method. I have been using them extensively for about a year and a half.
    I have run pork rinds on rapidfires + Al bar, now on gripshifters + Al bar and my new bike has pork rinds on gripshifters too on CF bar. In all cases I have installed them with hair spray/air compressor and have not had slipping problems.

Originally, on rapidfires, I remember they used to move, but absolutely marginally, certainly nowhere near noticing it unless you really tried. Then I switched to gripshift and again used hair spray method with air compressor install. In the first few days (for some reson) they did slip around noticably but now they don't move a mm.

On my CF bar with the same installation method they grip best of all. When I first got them on they gripped so hard I struggled to micro adjust them with an air compressor immedeately afterwards - so much so that I just gave up trying to get the Titec logos lined up. Granted I haven't ridden this bike yet but I've got no doubt they won't slip on this one.
    If in doubt - pedal harder!!!

mtbr member
    just got these weenie items in today...

They feel good and seem to stick to the bar well. I used to wrap with cork tape, but this seems just as good.

http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=HT1307