mtbr member

Titanium BB for SS?

Time to replace the Shimano cartridge bottom bracket on my Bianch BUSS, and thought I might spare no expense to save some weight this time around. The Phil Wood Ti with Al cups looks suitable, but just wondering if there are other suggestions out there for square taper BB's that are lightweight and durable for SS. Thanks .

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Square taper is still used extensively by the BMX guys. Plenty of choice with weights ranging from around 177g to 220g: Sinz pro taper, Answer Ti, Crupi Ti, AC etc.

mtbr member
    Keep an eye out on Ebay for a World Class Ti BB, I've picked up two in the last year or so....160g

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I've been very happy with the phil wood on my hunter ss. The guys at Phil are always great when I get it rebuilt, Which is not often. You may however want to consider running the chris king BB. had one of those on the other bike and it is bombproof.

Plays with tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mnsprinter View Post
    You may however want to consider running the chris king BB. had one of those on the other bike and it is bombproof.
    I'll third the phil as long as your not to heavy. The king BB is awesome but they've never made a square tapper BB.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    yeah the king is only available in external bb. I was running xtr with king bb on my other bike and it's a great combo.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    PM me - I might have something for you kicking around down in the garage.

mtbr member
    I have been using a stronglight ti isis bb on my sir9 ss for 3yrs w/ raceface lps with no issues or noises.

Sent from my dumbphone using Tapatalk