Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Titan Titanium Mtb Fork

http://www.titanproduct.com

Anyone used this fork ? I've looked around a bit and their frames appear to be pretty decent. I am hoping their titanium mtb fork is worth a darn.

It's 575 grams. The price is right. My concern is strength. Apparently there is no rider weight limit but the company hasn't done extensive testing either. I admit it's a bit of a gamble but it might be a great deal if it is durable. I ride xc trails and am (mostly) a (heavy) finesse rider.

For others who've used carbon/chromo/ti forks, which material damps the most vibration ? Which material feels safest ? No, I don't want a rigid aluminum fork.

I will probably end up going with a chromoly fork, but I can't seem to find one that's not 1000 grams or more..

mtbr member
    Did you get specs on length, offset and specific costs? Will they sell to individuals or wholesale only? I've been looking at Black Sheep ti fork, but pretty they're spendy although I'm sure they're worth it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    The a-c length is 402.6. The cost for a single fork is $210.53 + shipping. They will sell to individuals. I am not sure what the offset is. Black Sheep would be the way to go, but I'm trying to do this on a budget.

bike rider
    What about those Token carbon forks that are so popular?
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    For some reason I just don't trust carbon. It's probably perfectly strong and durable from the right manufacturers I'm just skeptical. I don't know that a 575 gram ti fork will be any more reliable to be perfectly honest, but my instinct tells me I could trust it more than (and for a longer period of time) than a carbon fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixbikes
    The a-c length is 402.6. The cost for a single fork is $210.53 + shipping. They will sell to individuals. I am not sure what the offset is. Black Sheep would be the way to go, but I'm trying to do this on a budget.
    hmmm, that a-c length is a bit short for my 29er frame that's suspension corrected. Needs to be at least 460ish for me to be interested. Yeah, Black Sheep is more than double that price...

bike rider
    An oxygen contaminated Ti weld is just as weak as a void or crack in carbon. You also have to consider the quality and thickness of the tubing. I'd be more suspicious of a rare Ti fork made from Russian tubing and welded in Asia than a popular Asian carbon fork. We've seen that they've mastered carbon construction but isn't American Ti still considered superior to Russian tubing and Taiwanese/Chinese welding?
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    draft attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    pic too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Titan Titanium Mtb Fork-titan-ti-parts.jpg  

Fueled by Tigerblood
    Dang, I might just have to look into one of these. I have my white brothers rock solid fork and love it, but the steerer tube Is too short for my new frame

This would look great with my ti frame......

I think that axel to crown measurement is for the 26" version, as most 29er forks are around 460-465mm a-c

Fueled by Tigerblood
    Any updates? Is there an email address that I could contact them at? Thanks
    2011 ERIKSEN XX BUILD IN PROGRESS HERE: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=698673

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt
    An oxygen contaminated Ti weld is just as weak as a void or crack in carbon. You also have to consider the quality and thickness of the tubing. I'd be more suspicious of a rare Ti fork made from Russian tubing and welded in Asia than a popular Asian carbon fork. We've seen that they've mastered carbon construction but isn't American Ti still considered superior to Russian tubing and Taiwanese/Chinese welding?
    Good answer!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikecrazy55
    Any updates? Is there an email address that I could contact them at? Thanks
    Sorry, missed this. Here ya go.

titanproducts@gmail.com

'Eric' didn't seem to understand the meaning of offset. If you get in contact see if you can get an answer on that.

Fueled by Tigerblood
    yeah, i got in contact with him. So, i guess they do make a 29er fork with a longer axel to crown, but instead of trying to repeat what was said, i'll just copy the emails..

::
    2011 ERIKSEN XX BUILD IN PROGRESS HERE: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=698673

Fueled by Tigerblood
    Have to read it from the bottom up though, lol

--------

Hi Chris,

Honestly speaking, we only produced 485mm and 510mm 29" forks. But we have no problem to produce forks at 460-465mm axel to crown after modification of drawing. We have fork 46mm offset. Please see picture attached. 46mm offset fork is more expensive. It's USD250/pc.

All our forks are mainly exported to Europe. We haven't heard any problem from customer.

The bead blasted finish is available.

We need moq 10 pcs to set up production for forks.

Best Regards

Eric
    2011/2/18 Chris Harrison
    Do you have any with around 460-465mm axel to crown? As well as around a 46mm offset?

As well as is there any way to have a bead blasted finish?

Also, have you had any failures? Have you tested them? Are they super flexy?

Thanks!

With the custom order, you would still need an order of 10, correct?

-Chris

On Feb 17, 2011, at 6:33 PM, Shouqiang Zhang wrote:

The length from axle to crown is 485mm. The offset is 38mm. We also can build fork according custom specification.

Eric

2011/2/18 Chris Harrison
    sure thing: http://forums.mtbr.com//showthread.php?t=686346

What is the axel to crown length on the 29er fork? as well as the offset?

Thanks!

Chris

On Feb 17, 2011, at 6:17 PM, Shouqiang Zhang wrote:

Could you please inform where you got our company information? We sell single piece of titanium 26" fork which is our regular products. We have them in stock. But 29" fork is only produced after customer order. That's why we require moq. The price of fork is USD230/pc.

Thanks and Best Regards
    Eric
    2011/2/18 Chris Harrison
    whattt? I had heard that you did.

What is the price on the fork anyway?

On Feb 17, 2011, at 5:50 PM, Shouqiang Zhang wrote:

Dear Chris,

Sorry, we donn't provide single piece titanium fork and screw. Our mini quantity for fork is 10pcs and screw 50pcs.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards

Eric

2011/2/18 Chris Harrison
    Hi!

Very interested in a ti 29er fork.

Is there options of axel to crown length?

What is the offset?

What is the steerer tube length?

Do you have a picture of one on an actual scale?

What is the price shipped to 54481, USA?

Also, do you sell ti bolts? What would be the cost of a M6x55mm ti bolt with a standard, non tapered head, as well as a M6x30mm bolt, standard head as well? Shipped to the us?

Thanks!

Chris

--
    www.titanproduct.com
    Xi'an titanproduct Co., Ltd
    Add: 1403, Unit 2, 3th Building of Saigao International, Weiyang Road, Xi'an 710016, China
    Tel:+86 29 86101587
    E-mail: titanproducts@gmail.com
    MSN: titan.products@hotmail.com

***Your reliable partner in China***

--
    www.titanproduct.com
    Add: 1403, Unit 2, 3th Building of Saigao International, Weiyang Road, Xi'an 710016, China

--
    www.titanproduct.com

--
    www.titanproduct.com

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Taiwanese welding I have seen was much nicer then mainland Chinese. I do not think there is something terribly wrong with Russian tubing, but I have only seen it in simple plain gauge, not shaped or butted. I have heard that Japanese ti tubing is well regarded, is that so?

Fueled by Tigerblood

Axe
    Custom User Title
    I am confused by the orientation of the dropouts in relation to the offset of the crown. Where is the front?

Fueled by Tigerblood
    The front is facing up. I'm pretty sure the dropouts are that way to prevent the wheel from coming out as easily in case of a skewer loosening up..?

Axe
    Custom User Title
    The front is facing up. I'm pretty sure the dropouts are that way to prevent the wheel from coming out as easily in case of a skewer loosening up..?
    On all forks I have ever seen they are slanted forward for that purpose - so as not to come out when breaking. This ones seem to be facing backwards? Or am I missing something? Magura, for example, goes to some details to explain that about their dropouts facing forward at 45 deg, though there the disk brake torque is the main consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Magura
    SDO - Safety Dropouts
    45 opening of the dropouts for perfect hub engagement (less quick release load as the brake torque onto the hub is transferred directly into the dropout).
    Standard with all forks except Wotan and Thor.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I do have a token/trigon carbon fork but I recently got a titanium frame so I think ti one may be better option... Does anyone have the ACTUAL weight of this fork with steerer cut to ~18cm?

Map Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe
    I am confused by the orientation of the dropouts in relation to the offset of the crown. Where is the front?
    old thread bump!
    I think the front is facing down in this picture . I think so beacuse of the crown and dropouts would lead me to that assumption.

now i can see the disc brake tabs hinding underneath. seems like the drop outs are facing the wrong way
    Last edited by cbchess; 04-28-2011 at 11:11 AM.
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    My understanding is that ti fork legs are kind of flexxy(not in a good way). If you use thick enough tubing it defeats the weight savings. Forks are the one place that well engineered carbon makes sense, IMHO.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    What about those Token carbon forks that are so popular?
    I have looked for the Token forks online, but couldn't find anything. Where can I find one and how much do they cost?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast