Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

Syntace P6 hiflex

Has anyone seen the Syntace P6 Hiflex in stock anywhere in the US?

At this point in time I would settle on the regular P6 but can't seem to find one for sale in 27.2x400mm either.
    The Good Times are Killing me

mtbr member
    Is that what it's called? The all carbon one? The all carbon post is taking forever to be released. I was going to ask this exact question.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    End of july!!!

mtbr member
    Yeesh.

and then you have to wait and see if the reviews are any good. It's not light...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    After being in contact with Syntace since November and waiting patiently, I got mine through some connections last Thursday.
    I ordered Tuesday in Germany and on Thursday it was here, incredible!!!
    Quite possibly the only and first Hi Flex in the US.
    31.6x400

I can't really tell much about the flexing, because my bike has been a construction site for over a year, so the last time, I rode a Ritchey WCS Superlogic.
    I also haven't been able to go offroad yet, but the clamping mechanism is truly awesome!

The bad news is, the shipment they've gotten in January didn't pass the quality test and has been destroyed, the new shipment, what they just got in April, is all gone, because they are behind now.
    They are also re-establishing distibution in the US, so I don't know if universalcycles and others will continue to get them, but I assume most likely, I checked all my emails, I can't find the email and webaddress of the new US distributor, otherwise I would have posted it here, to help.
    Last edited by yellowbook; 04-12-2011 at 07:26 PM.

mtbr member
    QBP lists the Syntace "Full Carbon", but none are currently in stock (P/N 103979, 104051, & 104020).

Yellowbook, you forgot to tell us the weight!
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    There should be two pictures, one from the web and one with the actual post on the scale
    Is it not showing?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    OK, I see it, but if it's not showing for others, here attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Syntace P6 hiflex-imag0121.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    It is not.......

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogii
    It is not.......
    Still not!?
    I attached it in my last post, I even see both. The last one should definitely show, because I uploaded it to mtbr.

EDIT: If still not...weight is 203.6g in 31.6x400.
    Syntace is very consistent, I've seen others on the scale all coming in at 204g in that size.

http://www.light-bikes.de/website/ne...6-sattelstutze

34.9 mm – 211 g (480 mm)
    34.9 mm – 198 g (400 mm)
    31.6 mm – 205 g (400 mm)
    30.9 mm – 206 g (400 mm)
    27.2 mm – 212 g (400 mm)
    Last edited by yellowbook; 04-13-2011 at 08:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Contrary to expectations I got this yesterday.
    30,9 x 400mm

Bye
    Marcus

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Location? US? Europe?

gone for a bike ride
    puzzles me why the 27.2 x 400 is heavier than the 30.9 x 400? ...but still 212g is 17g lighter than the same sized P6

so the benefit of this post is apparently it has more flex than a carbon P6 but still just as strong - so a hardtail would be more comfortable

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Germany

mtbr member
    It seems the 34.9 diameter is only available in 480mm length, which is complete nonsense. Who on Earth needs a 480mm long seatpost? 99.99% of the people don't. If I buy a brand new seatpost, I'd rather not have to cut it.

Last edited by sfer1; 04-16-2011 at 03:26 PM.

i don't give a shift
    I've been riding one for a month now. Quite a difference from riding the old one. It smoothens the ride a lot. Can only say it does what it was designed to do.

blogging at 29in.ch

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I wanted this post as well as a syntace bar...but could never find a good source for them in the US. Where are you all getting these?

Thanks for info...

i don't give a shift
    Got mine from Germany. Global consumer in a global economy!
    blogging at 29in.ch

The Missing
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by collideous
    Got mine from Germany. Global consumer in a global economy!
    Do you have a link for the site you got this from?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sfer1
    It seems the 34.9 diameter is only available in 480mm length, which is complete nonsense.
    Who on Earth needs a 480mm long seatpost? 99.99% of the people don't. If I buy a brand new seatpost, I'd rather not have to cut it.

http://www.liteville.de/t/22_30.html
    This brand is part of Syntace and their frames geometry require longer seatposts.
    When their frames get bigger in size s,m,l,xl....they actually get longer, but seattube length increases very little,
    also the seatpost needs to be inserted at least to the bottom of the toptube-seattube weld.
    You can always cut your 34.9 to any length you want/need.

Last edited by yellowbook; 04-20-2011 at 09:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Trying to argue your point based on that picture is plain ridiculous. The top tube of that frame is way too short for someone who needs to have the saddle that high. That person should have gotten a larger size frame.

Besides, this is the first time I've heard of Liteville. 34.9 is the seatpost diameter used mainly by Scott. Who would want to pair a 900g Scale 899, RC or Premium frame with a 249g seatpost?

This is supposedly their light version of the P6 seatpost. The unnecessary extra centimeters don't make it really light though. I've seen a picture of the 34.9 x 480mm seatpost on a scale. Its actual weight is 248,5g, not 211g as claimed on their site.

If they stand by their decision, people like me, interested in replacing the not-so-light Ritchey WCS Carbon seatpost that comes with the Scott Scale frames, won't consider their product as an alternative. They're losing their target buyers here.

If I needed to use a 480mm long seatpost with a Scott frame, it would mean that frame is at least one size too small for me. I haven't heard of a single person -who got the correct Scott frame size- that needed a 480mm long seatpost. If they want to offer only one length option, 400mm would make a lot more sense. From a commercial perspective, it's nonsense to aim to fill the demand of the maybe 1% of people who need a 480mm long seatpost, instead of the other 99%. Don't tell me that the other 99% can cut their seatpost to the desired length (which, by the way, would mean losing the minimum insertion markings). Most people don't want to cut the 178 € (245 USD) carbon seatpost they just purchased.

i don't give a shift
    Quote Originally Posted by pernfilman
    Do you have a link for the site you got this from?
    Looks like most shops already sold what they received. Bike-Discount.de, Bike-Components.de, BikeDiscount.com as well as HiBike.com are pretty much sold out.
    blogging at 29in.ch

mtbr member
    One more thing. Very tall people are usually heavier than the recommended maximum weight for a weight weenie carbon seatpost anyway.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    No offense sfer1, but you seem to be making a really big deal about something that's not that big of a deal. Cutting your seat post isn't hard at all.

It would be even dumber of Syntace to NOT make a seat post long enough for THEIR frames..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03rBXr4qX1o
    Best way to cut carbon seatpost?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sfer1
    Trying to argue your point based on that picture is plain ridiculous. The top tube of that frame is way too short for someone who needs to have the saddle that high. That person should have gotten a larger size frame.......
    I tried to simply show you something and explain it to you, there is no need to be rude.
    And btw, that frame is a size Large.

The picture is not to argue my point, I never argued about anything here in this thread.
    It was simply to show you a Liteville frame.
    There are also people (like me) who ride one size smaller than recommended, so if you would see my bike, you might tell me it's too small for me and my seatpost sticks out too long and my stem is too long. Anyway....

Again, Liteville frame sizes are very different from most other manufacturers Geometry and trust me, there have been hard arguments about this in other forums, even to the point where liteville themselves joined in, because they got criticized for wrong and stupid frame design.
    If you are tall and ride a liteville frame, you will need a 480mm seatpost and that's what those are for.
    And then again, you can cut it to any length you want.
    But I don't see people riding a Scale 899 frame with a syntace seatpost, because there are definitely lighter ones out there.
    Last edited by yellowbook; 04-21-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast