mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Superlight FM056

It was suggested that I post here regarding possibility of a group buy for a modified FM056 carbon 29er by Hongfu. They have developed models that are 1100grms for their 17.5cm model which is 200grms lighter than standard. This model will also have a 142x12 rear dopout and use Toray T1000 carbon rather than the standard T700. They are only selling in batches of 10 and the current price is $600 + shipping. If we get 30 then they will open a new mould and include PFBB30 bottom bracket. I recently received this model without PF30 although not the superlight version;

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/...ij08/142x1.jpg

Anyway, be interested in feedback/thoughts.
    Cheers

SUBLIM8er
    I'm interested. I'm in it for a new WW 29er project and this seems interesting. Toray T1000 is the good stuff and the weight (and price) is reasonable for a WW 29er build. What are people's thoughts on the 142 rear vs the 135 rear for a hardtail WW application? Is the weight penalty (if there is one) worth it? I'm not sold on the new 142 format for a WW HT, but if we get some numbers we can build what we want.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs