mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Sugar Race Team Issue Set Up

Does anyone have a good set up for Sugar Race Team Issue? I'm trying to figure out what I can put on this frame but I don't even know where to start. If you know where I can find techincal information on this kind of stuff, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Bob: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.

Peter: I wouldn't say I've been 'missing' it Bob.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Well more info would be belpful.

How much do you want to spend? What is the bike to be used for? Do you have anyparts that you want to reuse? My advice is take your time and get the parts that you really want, not the ones that I would want. You have a chance to build a really good frame into whatever you want. Enjoy. More details will make it easier for the board to make suggestions

Just passing through....
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsix
    Does anyone have a good set up for Sugar Race Team Issue? I'm trying to figure out what I can put on this frame but I don't even know where to start. If you know where I can find techincal information on this kind of stuff, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Rob
    My advice is to go to light-bikes.com and look at the galleries for ideas. Each bike has all of the parts listed to see. Then make yourself a spreadsheet on Excel with the same format, listing all of the parts. Then you just fill in the slots as you decide on different parts. You can list the weight and cost next to it also to keep a running total. If you want the form that I have pre-made in Excel format, I can email it to you. See pic below for example.

Also, go to the Fisher forum and ask what size the seatpost tube and bottom bracket shell are on the Sugar. It may already be listed in the archives if you do a search. This will help you with what size to get for your seatpost and bottom bracket to get. Your local Fisher dealer could get these sizes from his book if you have trouble getting it elsewhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you want to play with electricity, more power to ya......