mtbr member

Stylo Team ISIS Crank Arms

I've seen these popping up on ebay from time to time. Based on the weightweenies listings they are around 475-480 grams, making them pretty lightweight in my book. If I combine these with an american classic bottom bracket and some aluminum crank bolts I could have a crankset around 650 grams (without chainrings or bolts). I have read that the raceface deus crankset without rings or chainring bolts is around 665 grams.

Coming off an older XT octalink crankset, I could save a couple hundred grams either way.

Basically I was wondering if anyone has experience with the older Stylo cranksets.

Thanks guys.

mtbr member
    A lot of people say the ISIS BB's don't last long, because of the small bearings. I have had two of them for quit a few years without a problem. But, I don't ride in wet conditions and I don't hose my bikes off when I clean them. And I think the ISIS BB is a little heavy.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Got a set on a backup bike. Weight was pretty close to advertised if I remember correctly.

Installed without a hitch, and they have not flexed enough that I'd notice, even when said backup bike was put into trainer duty.

Went with an older FSA ISIS BB, and it has held up ok, but it is a backup and trainer bike.

Good luck,

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mtbr member
    Alright. I think I'll just go with the deus cranks. Living in the pacific northwest I ride in a lot of muck and mud.

The external BB seems like the way to go.

Thanks