Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Stylo oct 3.3 weight??

Has anyone put one on a scale?? Manufacturer claims 820g w bb.

Thanks
    DFH

mtbr member
    Looks like a good weight to $ ration if they weigh in OK.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkfh
    Has anyone put one on a scale?? Manufacturer claims 820g w bb.

Thanks
    DFH
    If you do it, spend another $70 and get an XTR BB, its 91 grams with the plastic sleeve, 89 without it. Then you can sell the other BB and maybe get close to breaking even.

ups and downs
    My XTR BB weighed 89gms with the plastic sleeve and one 2.5mm spacer.

Truvativ cranks aren't compatible with XTR/Race Face BB's though, that GXP thing.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    I have these on my Enduro. They're good I guess. Does anyone know if they have self extract like some other Truvativ cranks? I was going to regrease my BB the other day, but I couldn't get it to move, and didn't want to break anything.

Cuánto pesa?
    Quote Originally Posted by hitek
    Does anyone know if they have self extract like some other Truvativ cranks?
    Yes, the Stylo oct 3.3 is a self extracting system

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    My XTR BB weighed 89gms with the plastic sleeve and one 2.5mm spacer.

Truvativ cranks aren't compatible with XTR/Race Face BB's though, that GXP thing.
    Yea...I forgot...damn GXP thing...

Lover, not a fighter...
    Dec 2006
    Does anyone actually have a confirmed weight yet???

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

JaLove, you've been asking this ..

question since last August!! Doesn't anyone on this site work at a bike shop with this in stock, and have a scale????

DFH

Tech geek and racerboy
    Feb 2004
    In my experience, SRAM's published weights are very close. I don't have one lying around or I would weigh it myself, but the Rival OCT I put on my commuter bike was bang on (BB was 4g overweight, which I attribute to the gobs of grease that were all over everything). I wouldn't worry about it. I think it's a good weight to cost, and if my Rival crank with its nearly identical construction is an indication it should be pretty stiff, too.
    A hardtail is forever

mtbr member
    Smack on! we had a set in the shop the other day and rushed them down to a local shop with some scales (5g accurate) with the BB they came in at 830-835 (kept flicking between the two) with a bit of grease on the threads

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

liam2051 Thank you.

From all interested!

DFH

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    Yea, most people don't know how to make them work.......however my buddy just put some Race Face cups on his NOIRs, he wanted the gold cups.

I can't remember off the top of my head but its really simple,its just one side has a different ID(24mm-25mm i think),and he had to file a tiny bit of material from the inside of one cup(not the bearing seat) for the spacer to fit.
    BAM! whatever cups on Truvative cranks you want.

I can take pictures and post them.

ups and downs
    The crank spindle is actually larger in diameter on the drive side of the Truvativ crank. It might be pure luck if the plastic dust shield on the RF BB is the same diameter, but if you take off the inner sleeve on that dust shield there's not much to keep it in place.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

So I bought one bsed upon

information given here. Went with the Stylo OCT 2.2 RG, claimed weight 805G with BB. Not so, 970g as weighed on two different scales. The picture does have the plastic wrap and such but this should weigh a few grams at most. Ouch, I'm send it back!!

DFH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lover, not a fighter...
    Dec 2006
    information given here. Went with the Stylo OCT 2.2 RG, claimed weight 805G with BB. Not so, 970g as weighed on two different scales. The picture does have the plastic wrap and such but this should weigh a few grams at most. Ouch, I'm send it back!!

DFH
    I wonder if that weight is supposed to be without the bash ring. Maybe just the cranks, BB, 2 rings and bolts. That seems way off when the 3.3 is definitely under 900g, eh?

Too bad they can't get it right with the weights regardless!

mtbr member
    im guessing its without the ring, like i said before the 3.3 was within like 15grams!

mtbr member
    The ordinary non-OCT Stylo 3.3 crankset weighs 930g so that’s not funny when they lie about it and say 880g!

Truvativ weighed the 09 Stylo OCT 2.2AM with their lightweight alloy bash guard and not that chunky Rock Guard so that’s a small part of the disparity explained right there assuming they didn’t completely lie about and weigh it without the bash. That could make more or less than 30g difference.

Going by some research most of Truvativ’s weights are quite a long way out. I’d do the same and send it straight back if they blatantly lie about weight like this.

ups and downs
    That's a Marzocchi sized discrepancy, is there an extra fork steer tube included with those cranks?

mtbr member

DFH

Where did they claim that it is 805grams? Sorry but common sense tells me there is no way that a $150.00 crankset with bash guard is 805 grams. I'm not excusing them by saying that they should report false claims about their product,but sometimes you've got to use common sense.

The Truvativ Stylo 2.2 GXP on pricewatch claims 915g W/BB so still along ways off.
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/188...nkset-2009.htm

Can someone please post a picture of a Truvativ Stylo 3.3 Team Crankset 2009 on a scale please? liam2051 said they were 830-835 W/BB,but some places claim 935grams and others (pricewatch) claims 880 W/BB which sounds about right.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WindWithMe
    Where did they claim that it is 805grams? Sorry but common sense tells me there is no way that a $150.00 crankset with bash guard is 805 grams. I'm not saying that they should report false claims about their product,but sometimes you've got to use common sense.

The Truvativ Stylo 2.2 GXP on pricewatch claims 915g W/BB so still along ways off.
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/188...nkset-2009.htm

Can someone please post a picture of a Truvativ Stylo 3.3 Team Crankset 2009 on a scale please? liam2051 said they were 830-835 W/BB,but some places claim 935grams and others (pricewatch) claims 880 W/BB which sounds about right.
    They claimed 805g in the press release and various other places for the new OCT Stylo. The cranksets on pricepoint are not the OCT ones and therefore should be heavier, according to my research the weights of the non OCT ones are also way off.

The 09 Stylo 3.3 is claimed to be 880g but comes in at 950g.
    The 09 Stylo 3.3 OCT is claimed 820g but comes in a little bit heavier.

ups and downs
    That is what SRAM claims for the Stylo 2.2 in their spec sheet

http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/en/tr...pecs/specs.pdf

They may be optimistic in their marketing
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    ACTUAL WEIGHT for an '09 Stylo OCT 3.3, 170mm: 852g

This includes everything that came in the box, unwrapped, including the pedal washers. Weighed using a MyWeigh 7001dx (+/- 1g).

The BB weighted on its own was 128g.

Hope this helps. I paid $202 incl. s+h on eBay for this crank. On eBay, you'll pay about the same for XT. I was hoping it would be a little lighter than XT, but no big deal. Next time I'd probably just go with XT to match the drivetrain.

mtbr member
    Anyone ever weigh the 09 Stylo OCT 1.1? I bought it for my singlespeed hoping it would actually be under 800g (claimed weight is 780g).
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    GF Superfly 29er HT
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoe
    ACTUAL WEIGHT for an '09 Stylo OCT 3.3, 170mm: 852g

This includes everything that came in the box, unwrapped, including the pedal washers. Weighed using a MyWeigh 7001dx (+/- 1g).

The BB weighted on its own was 128g.
    Sorry to bump this old thread but I saw it when I was searching for info on the Stylo OCT cranks last week . I ordered a set with 175mm arms and they were 850g with everything in the box.

Bottom bracket with both spacers is 131g.
    Last edited by jeffw-13; 01-08-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast