mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Stroker gram claimed weight

Looking at getting a rear setup from pricepoint and it said a weight of 244 it even list the rotor as an item so does that weight include caliper, lever, hose, and rotor. Any reason why I shouldn't get them?

20 years in the woods
    Feb 2008
    No reason whatsoever.
    I have a set of Grams and love them,great brakes.
    Gajas what?

mtbr member
    No way that weight includes rotor. http://www.bikerumor.com/2009/10/13/...c-disc-brakes/

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    that review was awesome kinda answered everything i wanted... got another question though

i want to run a 140mm what adapter do i need to do this... i know the avid 160mm front adapter works on the rear but wasn't sure what the story with hayes was.... also since these brakes can be very expensive it is possible for me to buy to rears and cut the hose to run on the front... i know the levers can be run on both sides so that won't matter but didn't know if this wouldn't work for some reason... do i need special tools to trim the hose?

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    been running my stroker grams for about a year or more and theve been great in all conditions. the lever could be a bit stiffer though.
    228 front 246 rear no bolts or mounts if i remember right.
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by facelessfools
    been running my stroker grams for about a year or more and theve been great in all conditions. the lever could be a bit stiffer though.
    228 front 246 rear no bolts or mounts if i remember right.
    are the calipers for the front and rear the same, and can the levers be run on either side... curious cause i think i might buy a rear from pricepoint for the 100 bucks and just trim the hose and rebleed the brakes if you guys think that will work.

mtbr member
    There are probably better options for brakes if you shop around. I just picked up some used magura marta sl's for $175 shipped including everything plus a bleed kit. Ebay has tons of deals. Check it out

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    For a pair or just one? I ended up getting them I have read so much about breaks and every set of breaks have people that love them and hate them. I thought opinions would have been more clear cut for an item like this

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Quote Originally Posted by adumb
    are the calipers for the front and rear the same, and can the levers be run on either side... curious cause i think i might buy a rear from pricepoint for the 100 bucks and just trim the hose and rebleed the brakes if you guys think that will work.
    they are reversable. and the calipers are the same.

look into the ease of maintenance as well. hayes has a tool less pad removal just pull the pad and its off and just push the new ones in. the bleeding is also very simple to do.

read this, same guy for marta's and stroker grams.

http://www.gramslightbikes.com/2009/...um-review.html

http://www.gramslightbikes.com/2010/...ms-review.html
    RAH!