mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Sram XX1 with Carbon-ti integral titanium chainrings

hi there in my cuest for light BB30 crankset i was thinking if the XX1 will work with Carbon-Ti x-ring integral titanium (36/24) to use with a Sram XX drivetrain ... any sugestions?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    its just that sram X0 and XX1 cranks arms look the same ... or am i wrong?

No. Just No. Moderator
    The XX1 rings are specially designed with deeper teeth to allow the use of a single ring without any chain retention device. If you think this is just hype from SRAM and that a regular ring with normal tooth profiles will not drop the chain, then have at it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier lord View Post
    hi there in my cuest for light BB30 crankset i was thinking if the XX1 will work with Carbon-Ti x-ring integral titanium (36/24) to use with a Sram XX drivetrain ... any sugestions?
    Well I can tell you that I have bolted up an MRP Bling Ring to my XX1 cranks for my single speed and the chain line is perfect, and those are to be used with X9 or X0. So the opposite seems it would be fine. The cranks are the same (or very similar), bolt up your 2X rings to the XX1 and it should be the same as bolting up to X0 cranks for 2X. XX1 cranks provide a cost efficient alternative for cranks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Sram XX1 with Carbon-ti integral titanium chainrings

You could get good money for the spider and ring from someone who has an X0 now.

None of the SRAM cranks are particularly light. Check out the Specialized FACT crankset.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kroe View Post
    You could get good money for the spider and ring from someone who has an X0 now.

None of the SRAM cranks are particularly light. Check out the Specialized FACT crankset.
    I had those cranks on my Mojo HD prior to just finishing the build yesterday with XX1. I move the Specialized cranks to a 26er HT that had a PF30 BB. It all kinda worked out. And your right from a WW stand point Sram cranks are not that light. The Specialized crank would not work in my single speed though, BB not compatible.