mtbr member

sram xo part replacement

today i saw that a peice of my xo rear derailleur was broken. the piece of metal that keep a bolt rest on and to keep that chain tensioned was broken. its hard to explain was it is in words, but i have a picture of it. can it be replaced? i hope i don't have to buy a new derailleur.
    thanks
    -Mpap
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mpap89
    today i saw that a peice of my xo rear derailleur was broken. the piece of metal that keep a bolt rest on and to keep that chain tensioned was broken. its hard to explain was it is in words, but i have a picture of it. can it be replaced? i hope i don't have to buy a new derailleur.
    thanks
    -Mpap
    I don't see anything wrong ???
    Maybe a smaller circle would help ?

mtbr member
    good point.
    i attatched a picture with an arrow to the problem area. the bolt that i point to in the new picture should be pushing against the piece of metal that i point to also. When the bolt pushed on the piece of metal it keeps that derailleur arm back closer the end of the bike and keeps that chain tensioned. the bolt as worn down the stopper so it in ineffective. so now the derailleur is just going all the way forward which makes it so that 3/4 of my cassette is surrounded by my derailleur and chain. Somehow this is screwing stuff up. i hope this is a little bit more clear. its reall hard to explain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't weld

Try this

http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=DP5975

or see if your LBS can order it. They may have a catalog with a picture. It should include the bolt, the tab thingy and a washer. Here's a picture of the assembly for the x.9

Good luck.

I can't weld
    Okay. found some more info. That's definately the part you need. check out this set of schematics from the SRAM site.

http://sram.com/_media/pdf/sram/deal...talog_MY06.pdf

Members who have read this thread: 0