mtbr member
    Jan 2009

SRAM X0 twister with XX Crankset?

I am thinking this would work, but can anyone comfirm?

The X0 twister has lotsa clicks, so if you dont get want you want with TWO clicks - just do another ! right?

XX Crank with any FD, but maybe a XX FD.....could this be a cheap and sleesy way of getting a two ring front crank?

hey, sorry if this has already been posted.......LC(cheers)

fnInt(1/x^2,x,0,1)
    Yes, running the exact configuration you mention: XX cranks and front der with XO twist shifters. Works very well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Thanks 'fleanutz'....just checked on jensonusa and the crankset does NOT include a BB...HAHA...geez, they are making this difficult.

Was thinking of doing the groupset, but that adds up to 2Gs...just for a transmission!!! WOW....I love technology but, yikes. Perhaps I will just have 2X9 for now....thx

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by twenty6black
    Perhaps I will just have 2X9 for now....thx
    I am probably going to do this next month when I get my new bike. I will run an X.0 Grip shift with an XX crank. The only other mod I will have to make is to get a 10 speed chain.

mtbr member
    I'm running the XX crank, X0 grip shifters, XO RD, 9 sp cassette and a Dura Ace 10 sp chain. Works perfect.
    I'm Confused . . . Wait a Minute, No I'm Not . . .

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    same here no problems with XX cranks, XX FD, X0 RD, X0 gripshift, XTR 9spd cassette and KMC X10SL for the winter and the first races this year ... however, last week I made my transition to XX 10spd ... first race on 10spd last sunday, loved it!!

mtbr member
    I'm running XX cranks, XO twist shifters, XO read derailleur, Shimano XT front derailleur, XTR cassette and XT 9 speed chain. Works great! Best shifting front end I've used except for my old road bike with downtube shifters...
    Also, I recently got back from a looooong ride and was experiencing some drivetrain noise. Turned out my crank was loosening and I tightened the crank bolt four full turns. Never did affect the front shifting, however.

I used the XT front dereilleur because I had it and wanted to see if it worked. It does! Now I'm just too lazy to bother changing it.
    Is this where I write something witty?

mtbr member
    I am using X0 twist shifters with an XX front derailleur, Race Face cranks and TA rings. No problems at all...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Finally 10sp compatible Sram And Shimano Grip Shifters

http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/04/21/...imano-dynasys/

↓big watter↓
    Quote Originally Posted by waspirate
    Finally 10sp compatible Sram And Shimano Grip Shifters

http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/04/21/...imano-dynasys/
    Please try a surch and you will find out, that these shifter are pure garbage.

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by fastback67
    Please try a surch and you will find out, that these shifter are pure garbage.
    What? Only $45 and they are pure garbage....