mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Spinner aeris TI seals

I have a Spinner aeris TI with a blown seal. I got some seals from Spinner, but no help on servicing the fork. Does anyone have any info on how to change seals and do an oil change? I think these seals need to be glued in...

I did find a little info on the Sport model below, but it says it's different for the regular aeris...Any help would be great!

"I have read some info on servicing the regular aeris and it seems to not be the same for the Sport.

The left leg does nothing but keep the lower stanchions attached
    To change the oil:
    1- remove the left (non-air side) cap
    2- let the air out of the right (air side) side. compress the fork to get all the air out
    3- remove the bolt from the bottom left leg
    4- pull the lower legs off
    5- drain the oil out of the right leg
    6- make sure no dirt is on or around the seals
    7- push up on the SPUL valve on the bottom of the right leg to get all the oil out
    8- fill the right leg with oil up to 70mm from the top ~150cc, Spinner says 5wt but if you are light like me 142lbs I need the SPUL valve to engage easier so I used 2.5wt (motorcycle oil).
    9- attach the lower legs and reattach left leg bolt. You will need something long and skinny to push the internal rod down so you can attach the bolt.
    10- replace left cap, and add air"

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I've got a 2000g Marz MX Pro you can rent while you're fiddling with this fork.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    hehe, I actually don't have any functioning forks right now. I might have to take you up on that.

SWC
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Hi! Have you had any luck replacing those seals? And what seals, external or internal one too?