mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Spinner Aeris Sport Fork Any Info Please

Has anybody used this fork or have any info on it. There is a lot of info on the regular aeris but not the sport. I have a reasonable ww bike and am looking for a new fork but am working on a limited budget and i can get one for $200 plus shipping off of ebay. Is it as stiff as the regular aeris, it only gains 100g for the difference in price. Any help would be greatly appreciated. blake

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    plz respond i need some help.

mtbr member
    I've asked the same question before and I don't think anybody knows.

If the stanchion tubes are thicker than the Aeris if might be worth checking out since the price is so low. I believe it is a positive air chamber only design which can make the fork feel a little stiffly suspended but it does offer a rebound tuner I believe.

I put my Aeris though some pretty rough rides and it never died. I had a seal pop off but that was not terminal.

You're just going to have to risk it because I don't think anybody here has used it. You could try pm'ing the people who have bought one on ebay. You could ask spinner usa directly. MBA had a short write up that basically said nothing.

KGBallou
    Feb 2008
    I race with the Spinner Aeris Sport and I love it. Super stiff when out of the saddle, absolutely no bob. Super light and stiff, awesome XC race fork. If your looking for buttery smoothness look elswhere but if you are looking for a reliable non-flexy race fork the Aeris rocks. I have been racing this fork for a season and I still love it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    What is the real weight of the Sport version (claimed weight is around 1450g)?
    Is the travel a real 80mm?
    Thanks
    fab
    [SIZE="4"]flyMTBfish[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    How hard are replacement parts (seals) to get?

KGBallou
    Feb 2008

Spinner Aeris Sport 1-year review

Here is a follow up to my initial review. Shortly after my praises of the fork it started to crap out on me. After a difficult search I finally found the rep in the US who services these (not the one listed on the website) its promologic usa. http://www.promologicusa.com/ Anyway they serviced the fork for free turns out it just needed a cleaning, it worked well for a while. Then I started to get the "bob" the fork gave like 1/4 inch before it engaged (really annoying). I am bike savvy so I wanted to try and service the fork myself, I figured it just need a little oil. Unfortunately Spinner not only doesn't have a service manual they don't even have an exploded pic of the fork. I finally got some info on how to service the fork. Before you read on I just wanted to let you know, now that I know how to service the fork which is really quite simple I love it again.

I have read some info on servicing the regular aeris and it seems to not be the same for the Sport.

The left leg does nothing but keep the lower stanchions attached
    To change the oil:
    1- remove the left (non-air side) cap
    2- let the air out of the right (air side) side. compress the fork to get all the air out
    3- remove the bolt from the bottom left leg
    4- pull the lower legs off
    5- drain the oil out of the right leg
    6- make sure no dirt is on or around the seals
    7- push up on the SPUL valve on the bottom of the right leg to get all the oil out
    8- fill the right leg with oil up to 70mm from the top ~150cc, Spinner says 5wt but if you are light like me 142lbs I need the SPUL valve to engage easier so I used 2.5wt (motorcycle oil).
    9- attach the lower legs and reattach left leg bolt. You will need something long and skinny to push the internal rod down so you can attach the bolt.
    10- replace left cap, and add air

Hope this helps
    Kevin

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ball4759
    Here is a follow up to my initial review. Shortly after my praises of the fork it started to crap out on me. After a difficult search I finally found the rep in the US who services these (not the one listed on the website) its promologic usa. http://www.promologicusa.com/ Anyway they serviced the fork for free turns out it just needed a cleaning, it worked well for a while. Then I started to get the "bob" the fork gave like 1/4 inch before it engaged (really annoying). I am bike savvy so I wanted to try and service the fork myself, I figured it just need a little oil. Unfortunately Spinner not only doesn't have a service manual they don't even have an exploded pic of the fork. I finally got some info on how to service the fork. Before you read on I just wanted to let you know, now that I know how to service the fork which is really quite simple I love it again.

I have read some info on servicing the regular aeris and it seems to not be the same for the Sport.

The left leg does nothing but keep the lower stanchions attached
    To change the oil:
    1- remove the left (non-air side) cap
    2- let the air out of the right (air side) side. compress the fork to get all the air out
    3- remove the bolt from the bottom left leg
    4- pull the lower legs off
    5- drain the oil out of the right leg
    6- make sure no dirt is on or around the seals
    7- push up on the SPUL valve on the bottom of the right leg to get all the oil out
    8- fill the right leg with oil up to 70mm from the top ~150cc, Spinner says 5wt but if you are light like me 142lbs I need the SPUL valve to engage easier so I used 2.5wt (motorcycle oil).
    9- attach the lower legs and reattach left leg bolt. You will need something long and skinny to push the internal rod down so you can attach the bolt.
    10- replace left cap, and add air

Hope this helps
    Kevin

Thanks for the helpfull info. I may give the fork a try now!

The plough
    Hi stig,

As per my WW PM, not hard from us.

I can get any part for high end Spinner forks very easily.

Cheers,

V.