mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Specialized crankset

I've got these cranks on my Stumpy and was wondering how they compared to XT Hollowtech II, weight wise?
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Strong Arms

If you are speaking of the Strong Arm II, which came on the '97 Stumpjumper. They are a few grams (20gm per weightweenies.com) heavier and square tapered. The bottom braket is heavy too. Those crank arms were known to be flexy and not very durable. Mine lasted a few years, but you won't miss them when there gone. I have the hollowtechs on my '06 Stumpy. Upgrade to Race Face or Shimano and you'll be set for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by 4212darren
    I've got these cranks on my Stumpy and was wondering how they compared to XT Hollowtech II, weight wise?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

They are the S-Works cranks...

not the Strong Arms. Are they any better?

Quote Originally Posted by lush
    If you are speaking of the Strong Arm II, which came on the '97 Stumpjumper. They are a few grams (20gm per weightweenies.com) heavier and square tapered. The bottom braket is heavy too. Those crank arms were known to be flexy and not very durable. Mine lasted a few years, but you won't miss them when there gone. I have the hollowtechs on my '06 Stumpy. Upgrade to Race Face or Shimano and you'll be set for a long time.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

cranks?

Please consult MTBR.com reviews.... http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/oldercra...ct_20789.shtml

Members who have read this thread: 0