Thread: Spark prices

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Spark prices

£1949 for just the Spark LTD frame over here in the UK (not the bike, just the frame)
    so what, maybe $3000-4000 in the US ?

available around dec/jan

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    $3,000 for the Limited, $2,800 for the 10. I'm not sure if the Seatpost comes with the 10 frame or not. If it doesn't, there's not much of a price difference at all.

Correction: $2,250 for the Limited, not sure about the 10 but it should be a couple of hundred less.
    Last edited by dcb; 09-16-2006 at 06:21 PM.

Now broadcasting from CO
    The 10 does not come w/ the integrated seatpost.. and it's a bit lighter because of it (at least according to Scott's website
    Brought to you by rocks.

mtbr member
    These guys are totally crazy... 3000 euro for a frame...
    Do you know the Addict LTD price? 10300 euro!!!!

SUBLIM8er
    Totally ubsurd. I'd be hesitant to ride a frame of that price. Of course it will be obsolete in a year. I'll pass on the Spark.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

Weight Weenie Shop Owner
    That is stupi and so overpiced I can't even beleive it. I don't care if the frame was 500g! That price for a bunch of plastic!

SCOTT seems to be doing nice things with CF and their Alimunum bikes ride nice, but that pricing is just STUPID!!!
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com
    The Largest Site Dedicated to Light Weight Bikes and Sales
    Twitter: @lightbikes_com

banned

a little less...

Quote Originally Posted by scapin
    These guys are totally crazy... 3000 euro for a frame...
    Do you know the Addict LTD price? 10300 euro!!!!
    it's 2800 euro including 16% german Tax...so it really costs 2350 euro = 3000$
    still a lot of money but you get what you pay for

when i go to Specializeds website i see the Epic S-Works carbon costs 3800$...
    http://specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel...id=06SWorksMTB

for every additional dollar the Epic costs more you get an additional gram as well

Weight Weenie Shop Owner
    No, you DON'T get what you py for with that SCOTT. It's overpriced period. Unless it was custom and hand-made, maybe.

The Spec Epic is also overpriced not matter what it's weight.
    if your in the US, the Epic is cheaper due to shipping costs, might be easier IF you need a warranty and it's a PROVEN platform.

The Spark might knock our socks off, but we must wait until the general public rides them. At those prices, it might be a while. Same with the Epic CF..
    I asked a LBS who sells a TON of Specilaized bikes and pishes them about the Epic CF sales. Basically flat at the currect pricing.
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

Weight Weenie Shop Owner
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

Weight Weenie Shop Owner
    sorry, triple post
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nino
    it's 2800 euro including 16% german Tax...so it really costs 2350 euro = 3000$
    still a lot of money but you get what you pay for

when i go to Specializeds website i see the Epic S-Works carbon costs 3800$...
    http://specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel...id=06SWorksMTB

for every additional dollar the Epic costs more you get an additional gram as well
    And what about the 10300 euro for the Addict?

Weight Weenie Shop Owner
    That's even more crazy!

I think you can get a Custom Calfee for less?
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

mtbr member
    For me these guys think that the people are stupid...

SUBLIM8er
    If this thread is any indication my guess is that Scott has priced themselves right out of the market with the Spark in much the same way that Specialized has done with their top end FS frame. We all spend a great deal of money here on our addiction. If it's crazy expensive for us then the market is indeed very small. If the price dropped by 1/3 I MIGHT consider it. Remember, this is a new and unproved design so far. At this rate I predict Scott will be out of the US market again before long unless they can get the pricing down to earth.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    And what about the 10300 euro for the Addict?
    If you pay 2900 euro for the frame, 2500 euro for the wheels, 1500 for the group you get to 6900 euro. Why those other 3400 euro?

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Are we talking about prices in the U.S., Europe or both? I'm not sure about Europe but in the U.S. it seems that the Spark frame price is on par with the ASR-L and the Truth while being way cheaper than an S-works Epic.

Anyway, I hope it's a good bike because I put a deposit down on a Limited frame last weekend.

SUBLIM8er
    Quote Originally Posted by dcb
    Are we talking about prices in the U.S., Europe or both? I'm not sure about Europe but in the U.S. it seems that the Spark frame price is on par with the ASR-L and the Truth while being way cheaper than an S-works Epic.

Anyway, I hope it's a good bike because I put a deposit down on a Limited frame last weekend.
    So, are you saying you put down a deposit on a frame that you didn't know what the final price would be? A Truth and Yeti ASR-SL frame can be found under 2 grand. 3000 Euro is well above that. Are you saying that you were able to buy a Spark for around $2000 US?
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm not sure about the price thing. I've seen 3-4 different Specialized carbon epics this year at local amateur races. So SOMEONE is buying these things.

//goes and buys winning lottery ticket

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Axis II
    So, are you saying you put down a deposit on a frame that you didn't know what the final price would be? A Truth and Yeti ASR-SL frame can be found under 2 grand. 3000 Euro is well above that. Are you saying that you were able to buy a Spark for around $2000 US?
    No and yes. I do know the final price and it is around $2000. $2099 to be exact.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

if that spark

No and yes. I do know the final price and it is around $2000. $2099 to be exact.
    frame is only 2100 then its a killer deal, isnt the carbon epic frame 3800 retail?

SUBLIM8er

William S. Burroughs

SUBLIM8er
    Well, that's not unreasonable. That's in the ballpark. I wonder why such high prices in Europe then?
    William S. Burroughs

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Well, that's not unreasonable. That's in the ballpark. I wonder why such high prices in Europe then?
    I really don't know either. The first price I was quoted locally was much higher and I wasn't going to buy one. In fact this thread made me go back and look closely at my receipt closely to make sure I was actually in line for a Spark!

SUBLIM8er
    I really don't know either. The first price I was quoted locally was much higher and I wasn't going to buy one. In fact this thread made me go back and look closely at my receipt closely to make sure I was actually in line for a Spark!
    Well, either they cut you a good deal (like wholesale cost!) or something is fubar. $2099 seems too good to be true but who knows. What did they give you for an ETA on the frame?

edit: I just did a search and found that it's going for $3423.00 US in the UK! Ah.....that's way off $2099.00. I like your bike shop.
    Last edited by Axis II; 09-21-2006 at 05:13 PM.
    William S. Burroughs

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Well, either they cut you a good deal (like wholesale cost!) or something is fubar. $2099 seems too good to be true but who knows. What did they give you for an ETA on the frame?

edit: I just did a search and found that it's going for $3423.00 US in the UK! Ah.....that's way off $2099.00. I like your bike shop.
    The complete bikes are supposed to come out around the new year with the frames coming in a little after that. They are supposed to know more after Interbike.

banned

Tax !

because in europe all prices already INCLUDE tax!
    unlike the states where shown prices are'n what you pay...in certain countries that's up to 20% tax already included in the prices.

like i wrote above:
    the german price is 2800 Euro including 16% Tax.

i can't believe those 2000$.

mtbr member
    Nobody reply me about these stupid prices...

SUBLIM8er
    because in europe all prices already INCLUDE tax!
    unlike the states where shown prices are'n what you pay...in certain countries that's up to 20% tax already included in the prices.

like i wrote above:
    the german price is 2800 Euro including 16% Tax.

i can't believe those 2000$.
    I'm aware of the VAT but the difference between 2099 US and the Euro pricing is way beyond what taxes would add. BTW, we can avoid taxes in the US by purchasing from an out-of-state source online. We have state sales taxes here and no national sales tax like the VAT, yet.... You guys get taxed to death BUT you also have some tangible benefits to show for it as well.
    William S. Burroughs

SUBLIM8er
    Nobody reply me about these stupid prices...

OK, here's a personal reply: I agree the prices are stupid. Feel better.
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    It's a robbery... who buys these bikes is a moron.

banned
    It's a robbery... who buys these bikes is a moron.
    well - to save 800g elsewhere costs probably more

mtbr member
    I repeat again: why 3400 euro en plus??? For a pair of tires, a saddle, a stem and an handlebar?

SUBLIM8er
    well - to save 800g elsewhere costs probably more
    I think 800 grams is overstating the savings, Nino for many other good dually's. The Extralite's F1 is much less then a pound heavier and is much less money. IF the 2000 US amount is accurate (I really doubt it is) then we have nothing to ***** about.
    William S. Burroughs

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I finished paying for my frame today not because I had to but because I was afraid the deal I was offered would disappear. This thread had me that worried about it. Now I have my "paid in full" receipt so I think I'm good to go as soon as the frame comes in early next year.

I understand the skepticism regarding the price. So, if anyone is interested I'll pass along the name of the shop if you PM me.

mtbr member

Gee, Spark looks alot like RM Element!

Scott copied a good design, the Element is still one of the lighter frames out there. Especially with Ti kit. Haven't priced one lately but I'm sure you could buy the element frame and lots of light goodies for same price as Spark.

the train keeps rollin
    Screw the Spark, how about them Contessa Girls, what a bunch of hotties!

banned

well...

Quote Originally Posted by CactusHead
    Scott copied a good design, the Element is still one of the lighter frames out there. Especially with Ti kit. Haven't priced one lately but I'm sure you could buy the element frame and lots of light goodies for same price as Spark.
    there's lots of this designs out there.

the Element is close to 2500g. that's as much as a Scott Spark and a Scott Addict frameset together. this is the save some weight forum...

Members who have read this thread: 0