mtbr member
    Oct 2004

SPAM: Storck PowerArms Pro MTB ISIS and Boone Ti chainring

Last edited by jakeplazma; 09-30-2005 at 07:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Updated...

Boone chainring now included in the price... No charge!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

OK - since no one has asked...

Is there a reason why you're selling them? I guess I just don't understand why they were installed and ridden for 10 minutes and then taken off.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Well, I guess you could call it chainline issues. It seems that my chainline was 'pushed out' compared to my FSA Carbon Pro Teams. I'm at a loss as to why this is but, it is what it is. And with the cranks being ISIS and my frame having a 73mm BB shell I can't even try a 108mm BB because to my knowledge there is no such thing as a 73 x 108 BB. If anybody out there knows different please, speak up! Anyway, it appears that many don't have an issue with the Storcks so maybe it was operator error on my end but, I really don't see what I could've done wrong.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    best I've seen is 73x112

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Man, I'd love to buy them, because you're in the US, but I'm broke.....my bad.
    May I ask you, where you bought em, cause I dunno where to get them in the US?

Ole
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeplazma
    Well, I guess you could call it chainline issues. It seems that my chainline was 'pushed out' compared to my FSA Carbon Pro Teams. I'm at a loss as to why this is but, it is what it is. And with the cranks being ISIS and my frame having a 73mm BB shell I can't even try a 108mm BB because to my knowledge there is no such thing as a 73 x 108 BB. If anybody out there knows different please, speak up! Anyway, it appears that many don't have an issue with the Storcks so maybe it was operator error on my end but, I really don't see what I could've done wrong.
    RaceFace makes 108 that will fit a 73mm BB shell. They don't use any flanges on the BB cups, so there's no problem. I've used their 108mm on my 73mm frame for a long time.

Ole.

banned

correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    RaceFace makes 108 that will fit a 73mm BB shell. They don't use any flanges on the BB cups, so there's no problem. I've used their 108mm on my 73mm frame for a long time.

Ole.
    i have a Race Face signature Ti BB here in my garage right now and it will fit a 73mm shell. however it weighs 198g and that sure isn't what he is looking for. and although it cost a fortune, has seals and o-rings all over it is toast after just 1/2 a season of moderate use by a friend of mine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    could have your bb shell faced down by a good shop, but I wouldnt

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Well, it looks like the BB shell size issue might not be an issue after all... I'm going to be the guinea pig and try out the new Orbea Alma which should arrive at my doorstep within the next 2 weeks or so. The States will only be getting the disc version so I had to order from Europe to get the v-brake frame (how stupid is that?!). Its BB shell is 68mm so if I can't sell the Storcks then i'll see if I can get them to work with the Orbea. But, i'd rather sell 'em and go a different route. Maybe wait 'till next year when the MTB version of the THM-Carbones Clavicula's come out.

yellowbook - No sweat, I can tell you but without offending anyone or stepping on any toes... You have a PM!