mtbr member

Some sweet light parts for my upcoming build

These are a few light weight parts I've procured for my new build.
    -The XTR D has all alloy bolts and dropped from 237 if I remember correctly. I'm currently working on alloy cages, but I can't find a way top thread them for the pully bolts.
    -The Next LP cranks have Sugino rings (BTW, how do you shave rings) and I sandblasted the paint off. Removing the paint saved app 6 grams and the arms alone weigh 410 g now.
    -The steel bolt on skewers are $8 from nashbar.
    -The F99 has Ti bolts from redmist and I think they are exactly what Syntace specs except 1/3 the price.
    -The Klein Stratum bar is about 1 cm shorter than my Racelite bar and weighs 92 grams!
    -I'll try out the SLR Carbon and hope it's comfortable, but I may switch back to my Selle San Marco Era
    - I was surprised how light the XT brifters are. You could only save ~76 g. I they were much heavier. The steel clamp bolts have been replaced with alloy and that saved 2 g a shifter.
    The only thing I need to finish is my ZTR wheelset that was ordered months ago and some light pedals. I think I'll go with the Time ATAC XS Titan @ 268g because I've been riding Times for years, but if anyone has any other recomendations I'd appreciate it. One caveat--they must have platforms, i.e. eggbeater no, candy yes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    What size bolts for the syntace?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by novice
    What size bolts for the syntace?
    You need 6 M5 x 15mm bolts. The cost was $13.62 so actually half the price from Syntace, but light-bikes.com decided to blow them out right after I ordered.

6x7=Dont Panic!

cool cool

where did you get ahold of that klein stratum? Do you mind if I ask what you payed? Yes, people here know ive got this thing for stratums. I bought a stratum 185 two months ago for 35$ new in box, and now there is one on ebay for over 65$ ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=56194 ) so I think I might be getting rid of mine cause I dont really need it and its always nice to make a lil profit. Well, that doesnt really have anything to do with your post so you can forget that. So far, it looks like youve got a great build going. Good luck with it.
    Herro prease

mtbr member
    I bought mine on ebay the other day with a winning bid of around $60. I think it ended up being ~$70 shipped. Mine is the Stratum 90 and never had those silly barends attached. If you saw those off how much does the bar weigh?

Boj
    mtbr member
    DavidG had that stratum 185 and sawed off bar ends to get a 515 mm bar which weighed 120 g : ( Here's the link to his post:

http://forums13.consumerreview.com/c...T.1@.efc73f9/0

How wide is Klein Stratum 90? I have Extralite Ultrabar UL, stock @ 560 mm it was 101.0 g after I cut it to 520 mm its 95.3 g (all this is including 6.6 g bar end plugs, which I need).

If you have a build sheet for your new bike post it. It looks like its a weight weenie beast.
    If in doubt - pedal harder!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boj
    DavidG had that stratum 185 and sawed off bar ends to get a 515 mm bar which weighed 120 g : ( Here's the link to his post:

http://forums13.consumerreview.com/c...T.1@.efc73f9/0

How wide is Klein Stratum 90? I have Extralite Ultrabar UL, stock @ 560 mm it was 101.0 g after I cut it to 520 mm its 95.3 g (all this is including 6.6 g bar end plugs, which I need).

If you have a build sheet for your new bike post it. It looks like its a weight weenie beast.
    I didn't have a precise metric ruler, but by my measuring tape they are 22.5" or 570mm. The weight I have does not include bar plugs. And speaking od which, what do you use for light carbon bars. I imagine the ends could get crimped in a crash if there was nothing there.

Bike-shop employee.
    Very Nice.
    Question: What is the price of that Syntace stem? Durability? Flex?

simply me
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel
    Very Nice.
    Question: What is the price of that Syntace stem? Durability? Flex?
    Syntace stem available here: http://www.sales.light-bikes.com/ for $72

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    somehow i knew you'd be hanging out here.....

how you doing?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper