No Shades of Gray

SI Flite Ti Genuine Gel, no one knows!!

OK, I'm getting a saddle as a "warranty" replacement and I my choices are limited. So, I decided on the Selle Italia Flite Ti Genuine Gel saddle.

Everyone has a different weight listed... 220g, 655g, 288g, etc. Including weightweenies. you can't really make out what it is.

Does anyone out there have this exact saddle (2003 or '04) one and has weighed it on a "accurate" scale? Please help.
    220g is much different than 288g.

Thanks.
    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live" -- Mark Twain

Not a Barry supporter.
    I have a 2001 and 2003, although I can't help you on the weight issue, I advise to get a diff saddle. This saddle sucks. It's hard as a rock. I just reaplced it on one of my bikes with the SI SLR which is great. I thought I was getting the same saddle I had in 2001 when it broke and I replaced it with this one. What a mistake. I'm thinking of just giving mine away b/c it hurts the arse so bad. I've tried several positions and it doesn't make a diff.

A few of my buddies ride the WTB Rocket V Ti and it's great. Super comfy.

Just my .02. Good luck with whatever you get.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

T 3
    X - Pensive Wino

Gel

I have the 2003 Selle Italia Flite Ti Genuine Gel and although I never actually weighed it,
    I have seen it listed several times between 250g - 260g.and I'd say that's the way it felt.
    I run it on my aluminum hardtail and like it.The kevlar seat corner sides are nice for MTB use.Whether it's the gel or whatever,it is a softer ride than the standard Flite.

Quote Originally Posted by linerider
    OK, I'm getting a saddle as a "warranty" replacement and I my choices are limited. So, I decided on the Selle Italia Flite Ti Genuine Gel saddle.

Everyone has a different weight listed... 220g, 655g, 288g, etc. Including weightweenies. you can't really make out what it is.

Does anyone out there have this exact saddle (2003 or '04) one and has weighed it on a "accurate" scale? Please help.
    220g is much different than 288g.

Thanks.
    "There's a fine line between clever and stupid."
    -David St. Hubbins, Spinal Tap

XC Geek
    Just put one on a build last week 283 grams, same as one I use a couple of years ago, the lower weights are probably the older ones. I've ridden this saddle before and don't really notice the difference between it and a regular Flite or the Flite TT.
    I should be doing something more productive with my time!

XC rider/racer
    Quote Originally Posted by linerider

Thanks.
    My 2003 Selle Flite Ti (no gel though) is 230grams.....the gel version felt slightly heavier when i felt them in the shop.