mtbr member

Sette APX Alloy Seatpost

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/127...y-Seatpost.htm

At 255g, I'm not sure if it's considered light for a seatpost. But my stock one is around 300g so the Sette is light in comparison.

Anyone has experience with the Sette APX Alloy Seatpost ?

Any suggestions for a low priced light alternative?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I have been riding one for 2+ years, been pretty happy with it. It's at 400mm too, so you could cut it down (depending on your bike setup) and save even more weight.

I agonized over seatpost choice for probably way too long, and couldn't find anything else close to 200 grams that cost that little. It's not flashy either, which is kind of what I wanted, so that worked out for me. They have the carbon one if you want more bling, or even the all-white version in alloy.

TBH, I have sort of a thing for these house-brand parts though because they are generally great deals, so I might be kinda biased. But it's just an aluminum tube with a clamp on top of it...it does what it's supposed to do, it is acceptably light weight but hardly WW, and was affordable.

I'd get another one in 2 seconds if I needed to replace mine.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    i have the:
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/150...d-Seatpost.htm
    it weighs 174g.
    i had the white apx till the powder coat on it wore off. from being adjusted to much.
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I've been rocking the APX alloy seatpost for a year now...absolutely ZERO complaints! Lighter than a Thompson Elite, and has held up well with my aggressive riding style. $30....BUY IT!

EDIT: Okay I lied....one complaint. The height markers are too low for my frame/height so I don't even see them, let alone get to use them. Once again $30 so who really cares!
    Stop....Heckler time.

mtbr member
    I have had a APX since Christmas, and I have no complaints yet. Light, adjustable, and not bad to look at. Sounds like a winner to me.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

No longer 26
    I have both the APX and APX carbon. I am having a couple of yokes (similar concept but a bit different than the KCNC yokes) made to clamp down the saddle rails. Seems a lot of the weight is in the top clamp piece. Will post when I see how they work.
    G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    I'm wondering if upgrading to the APX from my 300g seatpost would be worth it. $30 price not bad at all though.

mtbr member
    Sette APX Alloy Seatpost
    2 years and counting. Not one complaint. Pull the trigger, it costs next to nothing.
    "What is this? A center for ants?"