mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Seen them 100 times, now that I want one...

i can't find one. I'm looking for that Ringo Star thingy for my steerer/headset. I have about 2" of spacers on my old Dean ti. Looks crappy. I would like to loose those spacers, put this Ringo Star thing right over the headset, have 2" of aluminum steerer showing, then the top of the stem flush with the steer tube. I think this would be an improvement over the usual way. But I can't find one now

Candlestick Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by 1niceride
    i can't find one. I'm looking for that Ringo Star thingy for my steerer/headset. I have about 2" of spacers on my old Dean ti. Looks crappy. I would like to loose those spacers, put this Ringo Star thing right over the headset, have 2" of aluminum steerer showing, then the top of the stem flush with the steer tube. I think this would be an improvement over the usual way. But I can't find one now
    Doesn't work that way. The Ring-Go-Star goes directly between the top of the headset and the bottom of the stem. You'd have the bare steerer showing on top of the stem. Anyway, you can get them here:

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/....cfm?SKU=18850

baker

all hail der Fuhrer Bush
    Mar 2004

again with the "loose"

Without a doubt, "lose" and "loose" are the two most misused words on this forum. Even surpassing their, they're and there, which is surprising to me.
    Don't pay the $85 fee to ride land you own! Resist!

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004

Let loose the hounds...

Lest I lose my mind. I lost weight, so my pants are loose, If I lose more weight, they will be even looser. Hang loose, losers!

Two o's, followed by an S has a hard S sound, as in "Moose", Goose, papoose, etc. There are some delinquents, such as "choose" But with that it's correlation is 'chose', making it fall into a different phonetic category.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    Lest I lose my mind. I lost weight, so my pants are loose, If I lose more weight, they will be even looser. Hang loose, losers!

Two o's, followed by an S has a hard S sound, as in "Moose", Goose, papoose, etc. There are some delinquents, such as "choose" But with that it's correlation is 'chose', making it fall into a different phonetic category.

a poet and didn't know it...

"I wonder if there are rocks up ahead?" "If there are, we'll all be dead"

"Cut it out, I mean it!" "Anybody want a peanut?"
    Bikes are my time machines.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bulC
    Without a doubt, "lose" and "loose" are the two most misused words on this forum. Even surpassing their, they're and there, which is surprising to me.
    My "OO" skipps evarytine I tpye. Anyway, being a non-conformest, poor speller, old and gray balding male, I bring new ideas to this board. Here is one. Everytime I change my stem to suit the type of riding I want to do, the headset goes slack and flops around. Then I have to readjust the headset, ride around the yard a bit, and readjust. So I am going to get an 1 1/8 seatpost clamp and put it right above the headset. Adjust the headset and tighten the clamp. My choice of stem is next, flush with the top of the steerer, no spacers. Next idea is shim stock instead of that crazy valve on the ssv forks. An idea from a 2nd gen. plumber. Probably shows....

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Quote Originally Posted by baker
    Doesn't work that way. The Ring-Go-Star goes directly between the top of the headset and the bottom of the stem. You'd have the bare steerer showing on top of the stem. Anyway, you can get them here:

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/....cfm?SKU=18850

baker
    Essentially converting any traditional threadless headset into a copy of the YST Dual threadless headsets (which have always lacked SFNs). The YST has a collar that clamps to the steerer tube, then you use a wrench to crank the top cap downwards, away from that collar, to adjust the bearings. They're called dual because they're designed to also clamp to threaded steerers.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Trail rider and racer
    I have asked to change the name of this forum to English Grammar 101
    Trev!