The Riddler

Seatpost Reccomendation...

I need to switch out a thomson layback post for a straight zero offset post. iwas wondering what kind of post would be lighter, but offer a similar adjustability and reliability that the thomson does. looking to spend less than 90. thanks for any help.

Trail rider and racer
    I may be wrong is saying this, but there are not many seatposts out there that have the ease of adjustability and finish of a Thompson so I sorta think its the best option for you.

Some carbon posts are an option though. Take a look at the Maxim carbon post, unlike most carbon posts, it doesn't have a mass of setback and is more so straight in design.

I also think the Giant Carbon post is easy to adjust. I have one and like it a lot..
    Trev!

Now more evil for 2005!
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaparzo
    I need to switch out a thomson layback post for a straight zero offset post. iwas wondering what kind of post would be lighter, but offer a similar adjustability and reliability that the thomson does. looking to spend less than 90. thanks for any help.
    I haven't got my Thomson post yet, its on order, but I think you would do well with a straight Thomson if you really wanna stay under the $90.00 limit. I have checked out the straight post in my LBS and boy was it sweet! I would have grabbed it right there if I didn't need a setback post...
    If you're ever in Calgary, here are the bike shops I like:
    Single Track Cycle
    The Bike Shop
    Calgary Cycle

aka 'Grover'
    in the aluminium range your best bet is definitely a thomson elite post, if you want to spend some more money then the thomson masterpiece posts are works of art, they save around 30 grams over the elite model.

in carbon i think your best bet for a nice light straight post is the yeti arc sl post. i've got the aluminium version and rate it very highly, not as nice as thomson but very good. click here to see the aluminium version, i can't find any pics of the carbon one but it's just like that but carbon.

cya, john.

mtbr member

USE Ti post

It is about the same weight as the carbon USE but will last longer.