mtbr member
    Dec 2003

New question here. Scott RC and MC avaliability?

I did a Search on Scott and all the threads were on the weight board so thats why I am here even though this is not a direct question concering weight. My question is how can someone from the US get one of these meaning who can I contact outside the US. I don't want to get burned so maybe someone who has bought outside the US can recommend a Scott dealer hopefully one that speaks english.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Australia

Try through Australia - you may end up paying more than Europe though, with postage and currency conversion. Look at the www.netti.com.au site. But you'll deal with english speaking people if that's a concern.

Smiker

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vs779
    I did a Search on Scott and all the threads were on the weight board so thats why I am here even though this is not a direct question concering weight. My question is how can someone from the US get one of these meaning who can I contact outside the US. I don't want to get burned so maybe someone who has bought outside the US can recommend a Scott dealer hopefully one that speaks english.
    As a CRF450 owner myself, and a once-Scott RC perspective buyer.... maybe try Canada. I don't know if the patent applies to the northern neighbor. Scott told me it would cost big $$$ to get one shipped from Europe, and seeing as how Scott thinks their carbon xc line is a "good deal," the shipment could cost a pretty penny just to be different than everyone for the next 5 or 6 months.

I even offered to drive to Sun Valley, Idaho, to buy one. NO they told me. Crap.

FYI, when the CRF450 first came out in late 2001 (the 02's came out in October I think) I just had to have one so bad that I went to Canada. Spent a lot of gas and time getting a bike. I was the only one with a CRF450 at the time for a good month.

banned

tilosshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by vs779
    try contacting tilosshop.com in Germany.

Tilo Chlupka is the owner and he is a very good guy to deal with.very good service and good prices. he speaks english too so don't hesitate and send him a mail. tell him Nino sent you!

go to the main page and on the left you'll see "e-mail".from there you can contact him through the web direct.
    http://tilosshop.com/

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Tilo has experience in sending Scott frames to the US, so that may help!