mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Schmolke Carbon Low riser TLO bars?

Ok, so I posted this in the components section and it didn't get moved so here I am. I'm looking for owners of this bar. I'm interested in the Low riser bar. There was a thread here from two years ago about these bars. They are crazy light weight at well under 100gm bar and I want to know who is using them now? What has been your result with them and how long have you had them? I weigh 215 without a pack and want to know if these bars would hold up for someone over 200lbs? Also where did you all purchase your bars?

Schmolke carbon

Team Alpecin
    Schmolke bars are approved to 90kg. But Schmolke produce bars for heavier bikers on request. They have fitted wall thickness.

In Germany are Schmolke and AX Lightness the best high-end-brands for lightweight carbon parts. Not so expensive but very popular in Germany is Syntace.
    Last edited by Waldwichtel; 07-19-2012 at 12:28 PM.
    PAIN is TEMPORARY - GLORY is FOREVER

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I believe that was my thread from two years ago. No issues with the bars, very happy with them. I'm 150 lbs. so for your weight I would have Schmolke beef them up a bit.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Yeah I read the thread and reposted so I wouldn't look like an idiot, because it was two years ago. So Schmolke will beef them up to your weight?

Tell me, where did you get the bars? Are you in the U.S.? I can't find pricing on these either, US dollars?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Yes, Schmolke should be able to beef these up or possibly make you a light version of their DH carbon bar which is really light. I'm in Canada and ordered these direct through Schmolke-carbon.de.
    Fairwheelbikes in the USA carries Schmolke bars.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks I'll check it out...

mad dog
    May 2007
    I have been using a 570mm (78g)TLO for 2 years on my race bike.

It has probably done 200-250 hours of use....

I am now changing to a wider bar and when i settle on a width i will buy another.

I am 82-86kg

Maromero
    OK, now you are responsible (Rev and xc71) for the purchase I made of a Schmolke Low Riser 640 mm. Just a couple of rides, but so far I'm pleased with it, thanks.
    Also managed to lose 71 gr with the change of stem-handlebar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schmolke Carbon Low riser TLO bars?-schmolke-bar.jpg  

Schmolke Carbon Low riser TLO bars?-schmolke-riser.jpg  

mtbr member
    I'm not using the TLO version but a normal SL version, 740mm wide and 126g "heavy" and it's been holding on great. It's still very stiff, has nice angles and copes well with my weight (220lbs actually).
    I've had their normal handlebars before and I'd always buy them again. Great pieces of hardware!