bonkin' clyde

Saving weight on an NRS...calling Duckman!

Bike: '04 NRS1-stock

Parts I changed:
    -Skareb Super 80 (MAD flexy) to an '01 Noleen MA (100 mm)
    -EA70 alu stem to a Thomson elite stem (cool and more solid feel)
    -Flat Al EA70 bar (it was narrow, and I was really hunched) to a Profile Design Ultra FR riser (solid feel and wide and high)
    -Hutch pythons to a Panaracer Fire XC pro (1.9) in fr and a Specialized Dirt Control 1.9 sport in rear*

Parts I'm gonna swap soon:
    -Front Hayes HFX9 for a Formula B4
    -Noleen for a SID Hydra Air? I am considering just holding onto the SID for a hardtail I want to build.
    -11-27 Ultegra casette instead of the Sram PG950 I have on now. Save at least a 150g right there.
    -Fox Float AVA R to -give me some options- an all-air light shock.

*The 1.9" Panaracer in the front is the narrowest 1.9 I've ever seen. The tread is 1.9" at its widest and the actual air chamber is narrower than the tread design (the side knobs really seem to stick out) and just this morning at the Thanksgiving Day ride, a local racer (been mtbing for 10 yrs) said he'd never seen an mtb tire with such an aggressive tread that narrow. It handled amazingly well in the wet conditions today as well as in the rocks. I was surprised.
    My bed comforts my body. Sleep comforts my mind. The trail comforts my soul. And without a soul, what is a body anyway?

I love Pisgah
    My dual air(hydra air) 01 Sid XC is 3lbs 4oz, being a 1/4lb heavier then the Noleen. Its not even close in performance, with the Noleen being a way better fork.

bonkin' clyde

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman
    My dual air(hydra air) 01 Sid XC is 3lbs 4oz, being a 1/4lb heavier then the Noleen. Its not even close in performance, with the Noleen being a way better fork.
    I had seen you post on that before but I was just throwing that out since the fork is on its way and I am also building another bike.
    My bed comforts my body. Sleep comforts my mind. The trail comforts my soul. And without a soul, what is a body anyway?

Members who have read this thread: 0