Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zachvii View Post
    By the way you can get this seat with no logos from Flyxii.com $55 and I don't think they charge shipping. That is the site I bought my Carbon frame seatpost and saddle. All Good. They also now have a Matte finish on this saddle.

Word of advise is make sure to follow the 80 lbs of torque because my seat came lose a couple times until I really tightened it down.

My short opinion is the seat is definitely hard and you butt will hurt the first couple rides but i got used to it and now I don't have pain.

Thanks for the tip Zachvii. Was that shipping free "worldwide', or just the US - that makes a difference. In any event, an option for no logos and matte finish is great.

I would just warn about the 80 in-lbs of torque - that number came from my seat post specifications. Consult your seat post manufacturer for their specs for tightening torque.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Mine broke

I've been using a similar Hylix branded model for about 15 rides or so and really liked the way it felt on my road bike. I initially used it on my single speed 29er, but I didn't like it at really high cadences so I put it on my road bike. It hurt a tiny bit at first, but by the second or 3rd ride I didn't even notice it.

Both rails suddenly broke on a recent road bike ride during a section of pavement that was really rough. I weigh 190lbs, so I'm probably at or over the upper limits for what this saddle can handle.

I'm shipping it back this Monday for a warranty exchange. Hopefully I'll drop a few pounds and try it again and it will last longer.

Review: eBay Full Carbon Saddle (SD-005)-1-2013-03-17-10.59.30.jpgReview: eBay Full Carbon Saddle (SD-005)-2-2013-03-17-10.59.52.jpg

mtbr member
    Thx for the post. Hard to say from those photos, but that saddle seems pretty much identical to mine, aside from the branding. I'm 185 with gear, and have been using it on my MTB exclusively. So far no issues, although I was half expecting some reports like this to come in. Somewhat surprised it happened on a road section though.

Plz post back about the warranty process.

pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    Somewhat surprised it happened on a road section though.
    It could have already been stressed quite a bit from trails, only to finally give out on the road. 50-yr-old men don't really destroy their backs bending down to pick up the remote; they do it playing H.S. football, moving furniture, and jumping off balconies into pools when they're drunk at 22. The remote is just the last straw.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I picked up the flyxii.com version and so far put on about 60km x-country on my single speed. Yah, the first few km were pretty hard on my sit bones, but it was also my first ride of the season... 2nd ride I hardly noticed it, so far so good!

108g for the matte sd-005 and ~60kg for me, btw. $56 advertised, but actually ~$59 - she said 'paypal charges'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2