Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Review 29er race bike parts list please.

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  WickedLite 
#1 ·
So I have done a fair bit of research and have a pretty decent understanding of what I want but thought I'd share and let you guys offer some suggestions just incase I've missed some stuff.

Things I have bought already:
Stans Arch rims (Probably going to sell)
DT Competition spokes (Probably going to sell)
Formula R1 Master cylinder paired with RX Callipers 180mm & 160mm rotor (Will use 160mm formula rotor up front and get an ashima for the rear most likely as I hear formula rotors have more breaking power)
2012 Rockshoxs Sid RCT3 World Cup dual air
Dt swiss alloy nipples

Purchase list currently
Chinese carbon 29er IP-106 frame (xmiplay) (looks almost same and has almost exact same geometry as focus raven 1.0 frame (seatstays on chinese one are 440mm instead of 446mm, headtube angle is 70.5 instead of 70, bb is 6 mills higher off ground and wheelbase is 3mm longer. Other wise it is virtually the same)
Neco headset (cheap and allows for money to go elsewhere for the time being, + not really sure what headsets fit the frame as it's a 42mm ID up top and I think standard is 44?)
sapim cx-ray spokes (replace dt swiss competition)
light-bicycle wide carbon 29er rims (replace stans)
Hope pro 2 hubs 15mm front 142x12 XD rear
XX1 groupset
Richey WCS c260 carbon stem + titanium bolts down the track
mt zoom 660mm 31.8 bars
extra light foam grips
shimano e-thru axle (would like tune one but it cost a lot so would have to cut cost down elsewhere or save it for down the track)
eggbeater 3 pedals with ti spindles down the track
seat chinese carbon one that is $75 which has colnago branding and graphics (claimed weight 95 grams)
seatpost 3T Doric team 31.6x350mm
american classic red valve stems
stans yellow tape and sealant for tubeless
schwable rocket ron 2.1 evo's
Mt zoom seat collar
Mt zoom alloy bottle cage bolts

Think that is everything. After any opinions or suggestions to make it lighter. All the weights in a spreadsheet list it at 8.61kgs, normally ends up a bit heavier so maybe 8.7kgs. Don't know if that is good weight or not for XX1 on 29er HT? When making suggestions please note I am on the very high side of my budget. So would be ideal to keep components swapped out in a similar price range or making cuts elsewhere for better weight saving, I would love to break under 8.5kgs.

Thanks everyone and time spent helping is much appreciated.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.