Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1257

Thread: Race King 2.2

Go faster!
    Got my racesport 2.2 from bike-components.de: 490g.
    Good tire.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    My race sports seem to be about 1mm shorter and 1mm narrower than my supersonics were. I don't know if they stretch or anything though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    I tried Aspen 2.25's here and the first time I went into a familiar corner and used the same braking point as I used with the Race King 2.2's I went straight off the outside of the corner into the trees with both wheels locked. Aspens don't have a lot of braking traction on loose surfaces.
    Agreed. Aspens just don't grip apart from on real hardpack. Anything with a bit of gravel or sand they'll just wipe you out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have Continental Race King 2.2, without black chilli though, they came stock with my bike made in India, just asking how to check how the manufaturing date on a Bicycle Tire? I can't find any "DOT" standard dates like cars and motorcycles on my sidewalls.

Oh btw hello from Singapore . Its my first post here

ups and downs
    If there's any manufacturing date code it would have most likely been on the sticker on the inside of the tire, there's no requirement to DOT stamp bike tires.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Had a pair of 2.0s. Not the best tires IMO.

ups and downs
    The 2.0's suck frankly. And if they weren't the Supersonic version they would really suck. It's the huge volume and sticky rubber on the 2.2 that make them work well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I didn't want to say it, but they really do suck

CTB
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    also used a huge amount of Stans (100ml).
    Huge? That's barely usable. I don't even bother trying Stans on a large volume Conti without putting at least three Injectors' worth in there (180ml). With the size of these things, all the Stans is used up just trying to coat them, leaving none left over for on-trail punctures. Glad yours worked out, but over the two years I've been using my 2.2 SS's, I've found that if I don't have any slosh when I'm done, it's not long before it starts losing over 5psi quickly and I have to add more. I haven't met a Conti yet that I haven't successfully sealed quickly this way (along with cleaning the insides like you did - Stans doesn't like to stick to mold release).

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    If there's any manufacturing date code it would have most likely been on the sticker on the inside of the tire, there's no requirement to DOT stamp bike tires.
    o.0? no sticker on mine.

ups and downs
    Quote Originally Posted by HCR32GTSTYPEM View Post
    o.0? no sticker on mine.
    The tires made outside of Germany likely have no information about production dates, the handmade German tires have a production sticker in them, although it's coded so there's no way to tell what the date is.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    okay thanks for the info, btw I am new here and new to the world of MTBs, so I gonna ask a noob question(I can't start a thread lol)

My bike came with this fork, by default factory shipped the rebound is set to the minimum I weight 60KG+ (132.277lbs) I checked myself too, the rebound is turned all the way anti-clockwise (minus -) till it can't be turned anymore, but I ain't getting any sag at all? Or coil sprung forks have to be seasoned first (i.e. ridden a while) so that they will be soft?

SR Suntour XCR-RL.
    Link : srsuntour-cycling.com/index.php?screen=sh.detail&tnid=142

Thanks in advance.

ups and downs
    You should be asking suspension fork questions in the Shocks & Suspension thread. You will likely find a Suntour fork thread or other general fork setup threads

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Cool-blue Rhythm

btw I contacted Germany Continetal Tyre support they in fact have a date on bicycle tyres
    I still didn't quite understand his explanation on the circle, but I understood the number and triangles. Shall await his reply again.

Quote Originally Posted by Continental Support
    on the side of your tyre you will find a circle with a cross in it. The
    cross devides the circle in four fields, each for one quarter. The
    point/points in it describe the different months. On the right side of the
    circle you will find a number. This number shows you the year of
    production. At last, on the left side you can see one or two traingles. One
    stand for production from 2000 to 2009 and two for production since 2010.
    Here's mine own tyre . So from his explanation I think its made in 2011, I just dun get the month explanation.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HCR32GTSTYPEM View Post
    btw I contacted Germany Continetal Tyre support they in fact have a date on bicycle tyres
    I still didn't quite understand his explanation on the circle, but I understood the number and triangles. Shall await his reply again.

Here's mine own tyre . So from his explanation I think its made in 2011, I just dun get the month explanation.

september 2011. 9 points for 9 months

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SamoM View Post
    september 2011. 9 points for 9 months
    hahas, I tot that way too, but one is the top left quarter left blank ?? So shall await his confirmation . I also asked why some tyres same model are painted Continental Siganature orange and some are full painted white (their logo) my pal has race king 2.2 but logo in orange while mine is fully white both our tyres are 26 inch and india made but are stock so we dun know the exact model hahas.

ups and downs
    They have many different models, the cheap wire bead tires have different logo prints than the Kevlar folding bead, and the Protection, Supersonic and RaceSport are different again (and also say Handmade in Germany).

The blank quarter would allow for a total of 12 dots for 12 months,

IllumaDucati
    I'm still very happy with the Race King Supersonic 2.2 tires. I'm more glad than ever that I bought four pairs of them because for 2013, the Race King Supersonic has been discontinued. In fact there are no Supersonic versions of any Continental mountain bike tires now, likely because Continental is expanding its range of RaceSport tires.

Here are the current variations of the Race King: Continental Race King

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    That's really annoying. I wonder why that did that? It seemed like they were a pretty good seller. I'll need to grab a couple extra pairs.

ups and downs
    The RaceSports are the ever so slightly beefier versions to provide a bit more sidewall reliability than the original World Cup/Supersonic, there's a weeny bit more rubber on them, to accommodate the riders who actually use them every day instead of just race day. Other than that the Black Chili compound is the same.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've used the Supersonics every day and haven't had any issues with them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Race King 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by bad mechanic View Post
    I've used the Supersonics every day and haven't had any issues with them.
    The biggest change I notice with the race sports is that they air up and seal way, way easier than the supersonic. I have fitted 3 sets of supersonics tubeless and the same with race sports. The Race sports are a dream, so easy to air up and the sidewalls don't leak nearly as bad as the supersonics did.

ups and downs
    I'm still running Race King World Cups with Eclipse tubes and have had no issues with sidewalls, the treads last a crazy long time if you ride dirt more than pavement.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'm still running Race King World Cups with Eclipse tubes and have had no issues with sidewalls, the treads last a crazy long time if you ride dirt more than pavement.
    My tires only ever see dirt, and I've noticed they last a very, very long time. I think a reason is the knobs have such a low profile, that they don't get torn or worn very easily.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Race King 2.2

Yeah they last a super long time for sure (easily 1000miles), but they do slowly wear down and I usually end up replacing them before I really have to as they grip better in looser conditions when the knobs are slightly higher. Someone at a bike shop told me they don't last and are a race day only tire. I'm like, you've obviously never used them and have no idea what you're taking about.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast