mtbr member
    Dec 2004

race face of truvativ?????

Hey all, I'm new to this forum so forgive my heaviness...I'm trying to decide between a set of Race face turbine lp isis with new 12/04 rings and Truvativ stylo team isis. They're both 620g, so it comes down to shifting and intangibles. Ideas anyone? Thanks.

Andy

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    neither nor

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    care to elaborate

MaL*size=
    truvativ are cheaper. here the truvativ distrivutor reduced prices for the 2004 line this summer. i bought the truvativ stylo team (with alu ring and crank bolts) at only 47 brand new. thay are black (a kind of power coated maybe) and with laset etched graphics. they shift great.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by new kelly
    Hey all, I'm new to this forum so forgive my heaviness...I'm trying to decide between a set of Race face turbine lp isis with new 12/04 rings and Truvativ stylo team isis. They're both 620g, so it comes down to shifting and intangibles. Ideas anyone? Thanks.

Andy
    Have had both and think very highly of both of them. I personally prefer Race Face over Truvativ simply at this point due to a brand loyalty thing....However, I cant imagine a better deal right no than on Truvativ Stylo Team cranks for $100 which it seems so many places are now selling them for. The polished/silver ones look awesome if you can find them.

Cheers

mtbr member

Had both

I was running a set of 01 Raceface prodigy cranks with square taper. Never had to change BB, was good. Recently purchased a set of Truvativ Stylo Teams from Greenfishsports and couldn't be happier! Apparantley the ISIS system is not great, but out of the box they are great! Light, good shifting...

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker

Another No problem with either

Running the Stylos on the Commuter (steel) bike and they shift when asked, are light, and stiff enough that the frame flexes before the crank.

Running the Turbines (square taper cranks though) on the Dually. And same performance, but no noticible flex from the frame. (Aluminum bike)

Running RF Next (again square taper cranks) on another (steel) hardtail. Again same performance, with slight frame flex.

Either one works good, and if you're going with an ISIS setup, both will be prone to the same potential bb issues. (Personally I've been on a FSA Steel for about 3 seasons now without any issues. It's the standard bearing 240g-ish one).

Simply put - the RaceFace may have more bling, but they'll both do the job.

JmZ

Quote Originally Posted by new kelly

Andy
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    anyone seen or confirmed weight of the new carbon Truvativ stylos??