mtbr member

Race Face next sl low rise in at 150 grams!!

What a let down. The bar is the next sl 25.4 clamp size. I ordered these off of a website as no shop had them in stock. On their advertisement it says 135 grams. I like a slight rise to the bar and decided on these as they weigh the same as monkeylite sl (or so I thought). I emailed their customer service with no response (friday last week). Just wanted to let anyone here know that these bars run heavy I guess. They are a nice looking bar with a titanium mesh around where the clamp mounts but I would have gone with the easton had I known. I am building a sub 23 pound ibis mojo and every gram counts on this thing.

They even list their oversize bar,31.8 (same model) as weighing 145 grams. So I guess the oversize bar is lighter than my 25.4 bar.

A carbon bar should have no more than 5% +/- variance IMO.
    www.MtbTi.com "Titanium bolt kits for your bike"

SUBLIM8er
    Quote Originally Posted by miketech1
    What a let down. The bar is the next sl 25.4 clamp size. I ordered these off of a website as no shop had them in stock. On their advertisement it says 135 grams. I like a slight rise to the bar and decided on these as they weigh the same as monkeylite sl (or so I thought). I emailed their customer service with no response (friday last week). Just wanted to let anyone here know that these bars run heavy I guess. They are a nice looking bar with a titanium mesh around where the clamp mounts but I would have gone with the easton had I known. I am building a sub 23 pound ibis mojo and every gram counts on this thing.

They even list their oversize bar,31.8 (same model) as weighing 145 grams. So I guess the oversize bar is lighter than my 25.4 bar.

Return? I have a Next SL that came in at weight BUT it's way flexier then my old EC90. These days the only RaceFace product I'm interested in is the Next LP crankset- the best CS ever made, IMO but I need some 32t Supershifter III rings.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I was a little disappointed in the weight of their Deus XC stem also. It's listed at 125 grams for the 110 length. The 100mm I have came in at 136 grams, so I wonder what their 110mm length actually weighs. Great stem though.

Quote Originally Posted by miketech1