Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bike rider
    MR. Magura has a first ride review on the huckingkitty forum. He says the power is unimpressive but suspects they need a longer break in than the stated 5 minutes.

Honestly my Formula brakes have plenty of power that I'm not concerned with a slight change and their rotors are light enough that this will only shed a few grams. I've never even encountered serious enough fade to need this rotor's better heat properties. For me it's all about getting rotors that start out perfectly true and never get even the slightest wobble. It'll be awesome to never straighten a rotor again. I've never seriously bent a rotor but every model I've had frequently gets little wobbles from being bumped or sometimes out of the blue (from heat?). I hate hearing a rotor rubbing so I've spent plenty of time in the pits or trailside trying to bend them straight. This hopefully will remove that one little maintanence task from my life and I'll never have rubbing brakes again.
    I am hoping his impression improves with more use.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    You make good points Lelandjt, and at the end of the day these rotors have to deliver an advantage (either weight and/or performance since price is high). Mine are on the way, and I'm eager to review.

bike rider
    I was just on the phone with a Formula guy who put the brakes on that Sycip (I think?) bike that was at the NAHMBA show with Kettle rotors. Who knows if those were representative of the rotors being sold but he said they weren't perfectly straight, more like equivalent straightness to the average steel rotor fresh out of the box. Not what I wanted to hear but if they just stay that way it's still an improvement.
    Keep the Country country.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2