Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast
    smashed
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman
    Obsess much?? Great looking bikes in this thread...unfortunately mine looks more like a pig now.

How do you like those LS Peaty grips, Kirjo?

Yeah mate. They are awesome. Look a bit dirty though now, but they scrub up OK. I have ODI Ruffians on my Intense Spider, but I think I like the Lizard Skins better. By the way, the best grips ever are ODI Intense Lock ons. They are friggin awesome, but they wear out real quick.

MTBR Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kirjo
    Yeah mate. They are awesome. Look a bit dirty though now, but they scrub up OK. I have ODI Ruffians on my Intense Spider, but I think I like the Lizard Skins better. By the way, the best grips ever are ODI Intense Lock ons. They are friggin awesome, but they wear out real quick.
    Nice...I think that may be my next set of grips. I have the Lizard Skins Moabs right now and they are pretty solid. Don't know if I will be getting the white though since my bike is all black, but who knows. I really like the red, white, and blue. Thanks for the info kirjo, enjoy that sweet ride of yours.

smashed
    Jul 2008
    Nice...I think that may be my next set of grips. I have the Lizard Skins Moabs right now and they are pretty solid. Don't know if I will be getting the white though since my bike is all black, but who knows. I really like the red, white, and blue. Thanks for the info kirjo, enjoy that sweet ride of yours.
    Cheers for that mate. I actually built the cannondale up to be a spare bike. I've only ridden it twice so im not used to it at all. I like my Intense Spider more, but I cracked the frame. Oh well.

You can get the Lizard Skins Peaty in graphite colour with red clamps. They look awesome.

More carbon fiber please!
    May 2008
    Yes, I've actually looked at that possibility seeing I have the 22t ring up front. But... I will already be at 21.77 based on weights of the Cycle King saddle/KCNC post I need to use the saddle, Halo bolt-on skewers, Titec grips, and the ti caliper mount bolts. Time to leave it alone a while, lol. I can't complain about a sub-22 lb full suspension bike.
    Last edited by IAmtnbikr; 11-13-2008 at 09:31 AM.

LCW
    mtbr member
    Black bike? You might want to try the Peatys (graphite/red) as mentioned... Here's a pic of mine...

cheers

(btw, down to 26.78lbs w/ Nev 2.1/SB8 2.1 tires - not super light but getting lighter)
    Last edited by LCW; 11-11-2008 at 06:09 AM.

MTBR Member
    Very nice, MI_canuck. Your bike has changed a little bit since the last time I saw it in the Fisher owners thread. Actually, I have that same exact color, being that my bike is an 08 tassajara. I wish I could get blue locks for those graphite peatys, since that is the secondary color I wanted to introduce to my bike, but since yours looks so sweet I think I may just go with red instead.

LCW
    mtbr member
    You could buy two sets of the white Peatys to get 4 blue lock rings. Of course, then you'd had two pairs of white with red rings, but you could probably sell those off easily.

I love Pisgah
    I'll play. Haven't posted in this thread yet. Same ol bikes tho, just more refined for my style. No need to change imo. As I get stronger, the bikes seem to get somewhat heavier(albiet more functional).

Main FS race bike..
    Std Spider Medium frame 04(updated w 08 Fox Float)

Sid Race w remote(alum steertube bolt)
    Thomson Masterpiece(ti bolts)
    Flite
    Syntace F99
    Easton Monkeylite carbon lowriser
    WCS grips
    Hayes Mags(ti/alum hardware including rotorbolts, 160/140mm, Dangerboy levers)
    RF Turbines compact 42-30-22(ti granny), alum FRM isis BB, alum crankarm and ringbolts
    4Ti Eggs
    XTR 970 RD
    XTR 952 FD(alum bolt)
    XT 770 pods(alum pinch bolts)
    XTR11-34
    Olympics, WTB/AC, alum nips, Supercomps, bolton skewers, tape only, std Karma DTC tires
    King ti bottlecage(ti bolts, w alum bolts unused bottlecage mnt)

22.9lbs. Can be 3oz lighter with the Extralite UL Post/Flite TT saddle setup that it shares with the XTC HT race bike since they share the same post size. I can't get the Stans alum rotors to not drag w the Hayes brakes . Oh well. Awesome do-all race bike, having won 2 races(Sport GM)plus a couple 2nds on it this season.

XTC Hybrid(carbon stays) 04

Fox 80X(Pushed, alum steercape bolt)
    Extralite UL The Post
    Flite TT
    MaxM MX5 carbon bar
    Syntace F99
    WCS grips
    Hope Minis(some alum bolts, Stans front 160, 140 steel rear, ti rotorbolts)
    RF Next LP compacts 42-30-22, ti crankbolts, alum ringbolts, Action Tec ti sqr tpr BB
    XTR 952RD(alum/ti bolts)
    XT 750FD(alum pinch bolt)
    Sram Attack triggers(alum pinchbolts)
    XTR11-32
    2nd set of Olympics, Revs front, Supercomps rear, alum nips, 2.25 Furious Freds(awesome race tire)
    Delta stainless cage(ti bolts, alum bolts unused cage mnt)
    Weight includes same 4 ti Eggs

20.1lbs. Love this bike. Pic above was minutes after winning the Raccoon Mtn SERC XC. Won 1 other race and 2 more 2nds and a 3rd this season on this bike.

Do-all trail bike. 22.8-25lb 08 Med Motolite. While enjoying Pisgah.

Do-all beater XC FS. 03 NRS1. Mud races. Training ride. 23.5-25lbs, depending on wheelset, pedals, seat/post combo.

All 4 bikes are setup with 160/140mm rotors, so all can share the same wheelsets(5 disc sets).
    Last edited by Duckman; 11-11-2008 at 08:27 AM.
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

my scale

here is my very lightweight scale with lefty 7,95kg/17.53lbs:

special steer tube:

lefty with special steer tube:

smashed
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckman
    I'll play. Haven't posted in this thread yet. Same ol bikes tho, just more refined for my style. No need to change imo. As I get stronger, the bikes seem to get somewhat heavier(albiet more functional).

Main FS race bike..
    Std Spider Medium frame 04(updated w 08 Fox Float)

Sid Race w remote(alum steertube bolt)
    Thomson Masterpiece(ti bolts)
    Flite
    Syntace F99
    Easton Monkeylite carbon lowriser
    WCS grips
    Hayes Mags(ti/alum hardware including rotorbolts, 160/140mm, Dangerboy levers)
    RF Turbines compact 42-30-22(ti granny), alum FRM isis BB, alum crankarm and ringbolts
    4Ti Eggs
    XTR 970 RD
    XTR 952 FD(alum bolt)
    XT 770 pods(alum pinch bolts)
    XTR11-34
    Olympics, WTB/AC, alum nips, Supercomps, bolton skewers, tape only, std Karma DTC tires
    King ti bottlecage(ti bolts, w alum bolts unused bottlecage mnt)

22.9lbs. Can be 3oz lighter with the Extralite UL Post/Flite TT saddle setup that it shares with the XTC HT race bike since they share the same post size. I can't get the Stans alum rotors to not drag w the Hayes brakes . Oh well. Awesome do-all race bike, having won 2 races(Sport GM)plus a couple 2nds on it this season.

XTC Hybrid(carbon stays) 04

Fox 80X(Pushed, alum steercape bolt)
    Extralite UL The Post
    Flite TT
    MaxM MX5 carbon bar
    Syntace F99
    WCS grips
    Hope Minis(some alum bolts, Stans front 160, 140 steel rear, ti rotorbolts)
    RF Next LP compacts 42-30-22, ti crankbolts, alum ringbolts, Action Tec ti sqr tpr BB
    XTR 952RD(alum/ti bolts)
    XT 750FD(alum pinch bolt)
    Sram Attack triggers(alum pinchbolts)
    XTR11-32
    2nd set of Olympics, Revs front, Supercomps rear, alum nips, 2.25 Furious Freds(awesome race tire)
    Delta stainless cage(ti bolts, alum bolts unused cage mnt)
    Weight includes same 4 ti Eggs

20.1lbs. Love this bike. Pic above was minutes after winning the Raccoon Mtn SERC XC. Won 1 other race and 2 more 2nds and a 3rd this season on this bike.

Do-all trail bike. 22.8-25lb 08 Med Motolite. While enjoying Pisgah.

Do-all beater XC FS. 03 NRS1. Mud races. Training ride. 23.5-25lbs, depending on wheelset, pedals, seat/post combo.

All 4 bikes are setup with 160/140mm rotors, so all can share the same wheelsets(5 disc sets).
    Love your Intense spider Duckman. No other bike I have ridden feels as good as it. MIne is a heavy old crate though, don't know why, as im running

Race Face Deus cranks Candy SL pedals
    X9 gears, 990cassette
    fsa Kforce bars and fsa FR230 stem
    Mavic 819s with DT240s hubs
    Thomson post, Rocket V seat Ti
    Manitou swinger shock
    R7 Platinum 100mm forks
    XT brakes, 180mm XT front rotor
    160mm rear rotor- (its a Deore, some weight in that!)

Mine is a large frame though, but that shouldn't make that much difference should it?

Any idea of how I can strip some weight off it? at the moment im sure its over 27lbs....

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by MI_canuck
    Black bike? You might want to try the Peatys (graphite/red) as mentioned... Here's a pic of mine...
    Thats an awesome rig ! Neat details too

How do you find the brakes ? modulation ?

LCW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raceer2
    Thats an awesome rig ! Neat details too

How do you find the brakes ? modulation ?
    Thanks - I love the brakes. Modulation is really good actually - I find it's one improvement the Elixir has over the Juicy.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier lord
    sorry whats the frame weight???' i love your bike.... more than the new carbon frames....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks! The medium Optimo frame weighs only 1520 grams/3.35lbs, bare.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

ooby
    Aug 2008

franken9er

On-One Scandal 29er frameset - lrg/19.5, scandium mains/7075 rr 1587g
    On-One SL Fork, cut, alu cap/carbon spacer ti blt 873g
    On-One Smoothie headset 120g
    Deda Zero 100 130mm road stem (stiffer than expected) ti conversion 112g
    Answer Protaper OS carbon riser, 670mm (also stiffer than expected) 220g
    Oury Mnt Grip, lock on, (trimmed for GS) 115g
    Reynolds C29 carbon wheelset - 21mm (found new w/o labels, fortunately) 1632g
    Stans Crow Tires (have tubeless kit, haven't used it yet) 998g
    Hutchinson VTT lite tubes - 26x1.9 241g
    Token CNC 11-21 9spd 7075 road cassette 100g
    Ashima AirRotor 160mm 165g
    Control Tech race skewers ti/scandium 45g
    Sram X-0 9spd super short cage rr der 189g
    Sram X-0 9spd gripshift 97g
    Delta Aztec cable hsng 60g
    Sram PG991 hollow pin chain 105 links 256g
    Sram Noir 3.3 Crank (converted to SS 40t e13 DH guidering)ti blt 693g
    Tioga Surefoot 8 flats/cr mo axle ti pin conversion 251g
    Formula Oro Bianco 160mm brakes, ti conversion 482g
    Formula IS adapter hardware, ti conversion 40g
    MCR Ti wb cage ti bolts 28g
    Woodman Deathgrip SL/ti post collar 10g
    Woodman Carbo EL post 27.2x400, brittle carbon half round chgd to 7075 130g
    Tioga Spyder Polyamide Saddle 140g

Not super light for rigid 1x9, but probably for a Lrg size (and strong) 29er: 8584g ~ 18.9lb
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jwh9; 11-13-2008 at 01:20 AM.

mtbr member
    simple and very nice ....

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Hello from Spain, here´s my bike. I hope you like it. Weight in photo 9.4Kg (20.7lbs) now 9.04Kg (19.9lbs) with Bontrager DryX on both wheels and Ritchey Pro pedals.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I can't quite make out the second pic...what is it?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by moto367
    I can't quite make out the second pic...what is it?
    Some Dremel-work. Brake lever, remote lockout and front shifter are lighter than before...idle hands...

ups and downs
    Okeedokee, here it is, 20.39pounds (9.27kg) with some dirt on the tires.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Wow,

That's hot.

What frame is that? The top tube and seat stays look like the orbea roadie's.

Do you have any close up of the seat clamp? It looks nicely integrated into the frame.......looks great!

May 2008
    Ah ha, finally another person using the DT XRC330 carbon fiber rims. How have you liked them thus far? I've been very pleased with mine but have not seen many others on them and am curious...

mtbr member
    rockyuphill is that frame the vertex?

is sweeet

ups and downs
    Yep, that's a demo '09 Vertex 70 frame that I've spent some time on sorting out my build until the frame I ordered arrives, it'll be a few grams heavier with paint and decals on it, but it rides so nice I just won't care. My LBS knows how to set the hook and reel me in.

The XRC 330 rims are spectacular. Light and stiff, and these wheels are built with 32 spokes in the rear and 28 in the front on 240S hubs. I wanted a wheels that wasn't going to feel flexy and these meet that criteria. The wheel builder at my LBS said that the bare rims were the straightest and truest he's ever seen before they had a spoke anywhere near them and they trued up and tensioned up very evenly and quickly.

mtbr member
    I'd say its a Rocky Mountain Vertex...

http://www.bikes.com/main+en+01_102+...tml?BIKE=531#2

May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    The XRC 330 rims are spectacular. Light and stiff, and these wheels are built with 32 spokes in the rear and 28 in the front on 240S hubs. I wanted a wheels that wasn't going to feel flexy and these meet that criteria. The wheel builder at my LBS said that the bare rims were the straightest and truest he's ever seen before they had a spoke anywhere near them and they trued up and tensioned up very evenly and quickly.
    Ditto, I found the same thing. I used 32h rims front and back though laced to King hubs. The carbon rims are super stiff compared to the old 317's I ran. Night and day difference in them I feel.

Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast