Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 1804
  1. #1751
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cruiserjg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    27

    Post your light-weight bikes!



    20.5# or 9298.64g
    As good as this one is going to get.

  2. #1752
    dvn
    dvn is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dvn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    684
    My Chinese carbon SS.
    Post your light-weight bikes!-img_20140216_161330_562-800x451-.jpg

    Post your light-weight bikes!-img_20140216_160125_919-451x800-.jpg
    "Either way it doesn't really matter, I just got back from a bike ride."
    > dbhammercycle

  3. #1753
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BDozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Hi!

    Can do list of parts but I don't have the weights...

    Let me build the list back up;-)
    +1 List please!

  4. #1754
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16

    Sv: Post your light-weight bikes!

    9.24kg.. It Will be under 9kg soon.



    Edit.: My thunder burt arrived today! 8.96kg now




    Skickat från min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnteXTC; 03-14-2014 at 07:27 AM.

  5. #1755
    mtbr member
    Reputation: moefosho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiserjg View Post


    20.5# or 9298.64g
    As good as this one is going to get.
    That is a freakin awesome setup! I had a S.A.S.S. and it was a great bike. Yours is epic. If you ever want to sell it hit me up.

  6. #1756
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cruiserjg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by moefosho View Post
    That is a freakin awesome setup! I had a S.A.S.S. and it was a great bike. Yours is epic. If you ever want to sell it hit me up.

    Thanks

  7. #1757
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertel View Post
    Long, rigid, great aluminium frame with the lightest possible MTB and road race components (tune, NoTubes, Campagnolo, Dura-Ace, Extralight, Schmolke, Ceramicspeed etc.) to achieve maximum speed not exactly offroads but on rough roads. Total weight currently at 7.9 kg (that's sub 18 lbs, right?)



    Great job! Lot's of great bikes on here but I LOVE builds like this!
    "Just remember, all bikes have front suspension once you put your hands on the handlebars!" - 1SPD

  8. #1758
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    16
    My Chinese FR-202 29" - 9s (11-34 x 34)- 9.2kg



    Tks!

  9. #1759
    clk
    clk is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    54
    My sette razzo 29
    9.05kg


    Post your light-weight bikes!-img_20140327_183059_110.jpg

  10. #1760
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by guize View Post
    My Chinese FR-202 29" - 9s (11-34 x 34)- 9.2kg



    Tks!
    Great photo BTW - love the low camera angle.

  11. #1761
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    16
    Tks a million! Have a great Friday!

  12. #1762
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    378
    Well here is my 2013 Epic carbon Expert as it is now and on the picture it weighs 11.3-11.4Kg´s no carbon wheels or so
    here is what is on it
    XTR triggers
    Xtr RD
    X-7 FD might go XTR there or convert to 1x10 if i find the time to learn the ropes about it
    S-works prowess mini riser bar
    S-works Bar ends
    S-works Seat Post
    Specialized BG contour XL grips
    Phenom Pro team edition saddle
    Roval Control 142+ rims alloy
    S-Works fat track front
    Fat track control rear
    Magura MT 6 brakes
    might go S-works GC tubeless


    here is the bike then


  13. #1763
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    193

    Post your light-weight bikes!

    Second time posting here, this time completely different and lighter, 18.9lbs (8,572g)
    Last edited by andrepsz; 04-04-2014 at 03:11 PM.

  14. #1764
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    149

    Ritchey P 650b

    My XC race bike. It could be lighter but I wanted steel and terralogic.

    9.4kg

    Post your light-weight bikes!-ritcheyfinished_zpsf80111d0.jpg

  15. #1765
    Bicycle Addict
    Reputation: J3SSEB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Not bad for a steel bike.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

  16. #1766
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    164

    Post your light-weight bikes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drider85 View Post
    My XC race bike. It could be lighter but I wanted steel and terralogic.

    9.4kg

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ritcheyfinished_zpsf80111d0.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	886098
    Looks great, what's the spec?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  17. #1767
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    197

    my 6,8 kg custom bike

    Post your light-weight bikes!-dsc_0567.jpg

  18. #1768
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    149
    2058 Ritchey P650b
    1693 Fox Terralogic
    70 FSA Impact
    1287 Carbon/AC/CxRay
    1027 Cossmax Tires
    160 KCNC Rotors
    432 X0 Brakes
    103 tubless
    24 KCNC Rear
    223 Ritchey WCS Alloy
    155 Streem Carbon
    6 Seatbolt
    41 GT40 Cage
    112 WCS C260 Stem
    155 SUPERLOGIC 2X
    50 ESI
    132 X9 Shifter
    73 Cable
    250 X9 Type 2 Rear
    557 Next SL Crank
    252 XTR Chain
    359 PC1070 Cassette
    255 Ritchey Pro Pedals

    9474

  19. #1769
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    378
    Well here it is again my Epic 11.37 is todays weight only difference from alst time is new PSD Pedals XTR M980´s


  20. #1770
    "They Call Me Bone'z"
    Reputation: facelessfools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,609














    I know some are blurry... but it still looks good

    There will be a new fork on it any day now along with some more cool ano bolts. Looking to make it 650b as well and sooner then that internal cable routing. or at least underside the shift cables to bottom pull the front derailleur and make the brake hose internal. I can't stand the extra housing dangling at the rear...
    It was 18 with heavier brakes and extralite crank but went back to double for longer races so im guessing it's got to be right under that right now.
    RAH!

  21. #1771
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,090
    Very nice!

  22. #1772
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    70

    My custom race/trail bike - Heavily modified 2001 Enduro FSR

    This would take a LONG time to explain but basically, re-welded crack in frame , lots of unnecessary welds removed to save weight, re-machined components to lighten up (long term tested). Parts hand made from Germany/Italy/here in the UK and America shipped over. Silicon carbide ceramic rotors. Lightest bar ends in the world (38 grams), sideload bottle cage (BTP) re-machined and re-epoxied tab cut and sanded (8 grams) with carbon peek bolts, re-machined and sanded Tune Speedneedle. 132 grams flat pedals (66grams each). Custom made chaine guide using titanium/aluminum and prep preg carbon and custom shock guard made with standard 3k carbon and re-cut velcro straps (made by myself again).Re-modified Fox Vnilla RLC- screws replaced with titnaium matching screws, replaced spring with softer lighter version re-machined brace and crown - 268 grams off original weight - so roughly 1630gram 140mm coil spring freeride fork. Tune U20 carbon/titanium skewers - 22 grams (11 grams each). Carbon Ti carbon /aluminium chainring 42 t. Delrin maschined jockey wheels with full ceramic bearings. MCFK seatpost - 86grams. New Ultimate bar with Schmolke plugs epoxied in and reinforced. Extralit parts (headset top and plug). The list goes on and on and with the extra building of parts - literally (I'm an engineer), I can't put everything.

    Oh and a bit of vinyl wrapping (original paint, primer and clear coat removed and aluminium sanded before layering the vinyl). Also removed all decals from the frame. Vinyl is about 70% lighter and a lot stronger - in my experience but takes time and practice to get it right .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your light-weight bikes!-dscn2316%5B1%5D.jpg  


  23. #1773
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    70
    Forgot to add: It weighs around the 9.2-9.4kg mark and is capable of semi-freeriding/xc and trail riding .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your light-weight bikes!-dscn2316%5B1%5D.jpg  


  24. #1774
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by karimian5 View Post
    This would take a LONG time to explain but basically, re-welded crack in frame , lots of unnecessary welds removed to save weight, re-machined components to lighten up (long term tested). Parts hand made from Germany/Italy/here in the UK and America shipped over. Silicon carbide ceramic rotors. Lightest bar ends in the world (38 grams), sideload bottle cage (BTP) re-machined and re-epoxied tab cut and sanded (8 grams) with carbon peek bolts, re-machined and sanded Tune Speedneedle. 132 grams flat pedals (66grams each). Custom made chaine guide using titanium/aluminum and prep preg carbon and custom shock guard made with standard 3k carbon and re-cut velcro straps (made by myself again).Re-modified Fox Vnilla RLC- screws replaced with titnaium matching screws, replaced spring with softer lighter version re-machined brace and crown - 268 grams off original weight - so roughly 1630gram 140mm coil spring freeride fork. Tune U20 carbon/titanium skewers - 22 grams (11 grams each). Carbon Ti carbon /aluminium chainring 42 t. Delrin maschined jockey wheels with full ceramic bearings. MCFK seatpost - 86grams. New Ultimate bar with Schmolke plugs epoxied in and reinforced. Extralit parts (headset top and plug). The list goes on and on and with the extra building of parts - literally (I'm an engineer), I can't put everything.

    Oh and a bit of vinyl wrapping (original paint, primer and clear coat removed and aluminium sanded before layering the vinyl). Also removed all decals from the frame. Vinyl is about 70% lighter and a lot stronger - in my experience but takes time and practice to get it right .
    There are a lot of separate "build" threads that would be amazing to see, based on the modifications you describre. If you have any time left after all that work, would be great to see more detail on several of them!

    I'm also curious about the concept of "unnecessary welds".

  25. #1775
    20 years in the woods
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    182
    I'm curious about that "semi-freeriding" with that riding position !

    Needs a build list,too...I see ultra-lighweight components mixed with everyday trail bike ones,I'm not really getting the point.
    Gajas what?

Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •