Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1787
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axis II View Post
    Holy Balls that bike is sick! It looks like it wants to kill someone.

SUBLIM8er
    Quote Originally Posted by moefosho View Post
    Holy Balls that bike is sick! It looks like it wants to kill someone.
    A WW Battle ship for sure. Fast on the ups but not so much on the boney downs. Thinking about front suspension options for the boney courses.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    all the bike here are so sick, kids
    Last edited by dragonq; 05-31-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    Daccordi - Attila
    Cinelli - Freedom Rider
    Paduano - Caligola

mtbr member
    There's no way in hell that bike is 17.9 lbs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfer1 View Post
    +1 on that. This is 17 pounds and the fork is only like 450 grams.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfer1 View Post
    What bike?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    when does a mountain bike become a road bike. having a light bike with rigid forks is a commuter bike. whatever works if you never hit the trails

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Why not?-my Extralite F1 fs is under 20: Post your light-weight bikes!

Bicycle Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cannuck3333 View Post
    when does a mountain bike become a road bike. having a light bike with rigid forks is a commuter bike. whatever works if you never hit the trails
    THIS is your first post? Alright dude, whatever you say. I ride rigid SS all the time on the same trails that others ride full squish on. I don't know what you're talking about.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    ^^^^This. I ride full rigid as well with 2.35 Nobby Nic in front. Definitely not a road bike.
    2013 Rocky Mountain Altitude 730
    2013 Pipedream Sirius R853 - 650b Belt Drive

mtbr member
    You probably wouldn't be saying the same thing when he flies past you. Obviously it is not made for downhill, but not everyone rides downhill. Great first post though! You will go far in life.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    You've got my respect-the keep it simple mantra works everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by J3SSEB View Post
    THIS is your first post? Alright dude, whatever you say. I ride rigid SS all the time on the same trails that others ride full squish on. I don't know what you're talking about.

mtbr member

Re: Post your light-weight bikes!

Quite the contrary - most people with suspension don't really need it! I ride my rigid singlespeed and lightweight geared bikes on any trail, twice a week whatever the weather. Some of my riding chums have suspension, some don't. Whatever floats your boat.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    This has to be the biggest douche nozzle first post in the history of the internet!

I'm sorry. I meant douche nozzle tool.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

SUBLIM8er
    Agreed: For most of the courses I ride I can be faster on the rigid setup. People like me have been riding MTB since before suspension was an option and nobody was/is calling those pre-suspension MTBs "road bikes." I think a whole generation of riders who grew up with front and rear suspension never really learned how effective a suspension device the human body can be on a bike. To call anything with over a two ponds of rubber on it a road bike is ignorant
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I ride my full suspension bikes on the road all the
    time, to get to and from the trails.

AZ
    banned

Great first post! Plus rep cause your going to need it.

mtbr member
    Spelled "Canuck" wrong too.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    So the answer is the tires. Why the personal attacks. Someone even suggests my username is mispelled. You guys are funny or insecure.
    30 years ago I had a rigid mtn bike as that's all there was. Even xc racers rarely use rigid. I can't see mysself going back. Just having a fork allows more possibilities.I guess its just in your nature to get offended , just like the rigid bike you own you have limitations. Enjoy

SUBLIM8er
    So the answer is the tires. Why the personal attacks. Someone even suggests my username is mispelled. You guys are funny or insecure.
    30 years ago I had a rigid mtn bike as that's all there was. Even xc racers rarely use rigid. I can't see mysself going back. Just having a fork allows more possibilities.I guess its just in your nature to get offended , just like the rigid bike you own you have limitations. Enjoy
    Tires are PART of the answer along with frame, gearing, cockpit, etc, etc.... Why would you surprised by the fact that people in a WW forum who take pride in ownership and experimentation of lightweight MTBs might be offended when someone makes a disparaging comment about lightweight MTBs? The answer is: of course you knew your offensive comment would draw this type of response and this is exactly why you made the comment in the first place! This is called being a "troll." If you don't want to be treated like a troll then don't engage in troll-like behaviors. Nobody ever said that a rigid MTB has no limitations. In fact, in my post I commented on the fact that for some courses I would be using front suspension. For many, if not most, of the courses I ride suspension would be a limiting factor in the performance of the bike over a rigid build. People here tend not to be "one tool fits all conditions" kind of people. We often have multiple bikes that allow us to choose the best tool for the job that day. This maximizes fun. Others here have only one WW bike that may have some limitations in performance in service of a low weight and they are ok with that because they feel the sacrifice for a low weight is worth it. Good for them! Weight tends to be the rubric on this forum for what is good. And this is as it should be because, after all, this is a weight weenie forum!
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    ^ Well said, plus rep!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Bicycle Addict
    Yup. Plus rep from me too.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Make it 3, plus rep.

Rock and/or Roll
    Dec 2005

I'm starting a new build..

...I'll be building up this new framest from Carbonal when it arrives. I'm getting the frame, seatpost, handlebars, and carbon rims from them, and I've been collecting deals on some nice lightweight parts to hang on it. Going to use a Sram XX gripshift drivetrain, because that's my favorite by far. I'll add more pics after I begin assembly. I already own one of these, and love the ride quality.

...My current ride...

just ride
    Oct 2006
    It's been a while since the last time I was on this thread. I hope 22 lbs is still light weight. It is a full suspension 29er.

Post your light-weight bikes!-img_7619.jpgPost your light-weight bikes!-img_20130711_093848_893.jpg

Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast