mtbr member
    Jun 2004

pics of the build!!!

hey,
    Finally i have pics. feel free to comment.

"Work hard, Ride harder"

6x7=Dont Panic!
    I remember pics of it in the works, and it turned out awesome! Make sure to give us a review on those levers after you have some use on them.
    Herro prease

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Nice

I'm just putting in the finishing touches on my hardtail.

What does yours weigh in at?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra
    I remember pics of it in the works, and it turned out awesome! Make sure to give us a review on those levers after you have some use on them.
    i have a klien strontium bar at home that i am looking to sell. it is older i think a 98 with barends on it. the bar and barends are all one peice. it is in great shape. i think it is a 185g maybe. let me know. and that is a sweet build.

nightriding is fun !
    Quote Originally Posted by xsport652
    hey,
    Finally i have pics. feel free to comment.
    Its no titanium but I like the clean build, and at least the framecolor is grey-ish .
    No fancy stuff but things that work.
    Looks like you removed the Shimano gear indicators..
    Titanium or Bust !

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    yea that was my goal nothing too fancy but everything still very functional. The final weight came out to be 22.5 pounds on the speedgoat builder and at the shop it was 22.5. Kinda weird right.
    "Work hard, Ride harder"

6x7=Dont Panic!
    Quote Originally Posted by chirider990
    i have a klien strontium bar at home that i am looking to sell. it is older i think a 98 with barends on it. the bar and barends are all one peice. it is in great shape. i think it is a 185g maybe. let me know. and that is a sweet build.
    Check your PM's
    Herro prease

Max
    Velodramatic
    congrats, sweet build. i really like giant bikes. but please toss them red teflon liners, they dont match the other colors at all

Skinny guys fight 'til they're burger

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    What size frame, stem, bar?? How tall are you? What do you weigh?

Just curious, as i think I am in need of fine tuning my riding position on my bike.

Very very nice bike! I love it!

I have to comment on 1 or 2 small touches, I agree with Didier about the red Avid flak jacket liners, they don't really match. Do I search, I remember some guys finiding some tubing exactly the same in differen colours. But I guesss the linning matches the FSA parts

Also, those carbon patches on your gear indicators, I reccon you sohlud have cut round the edges instead of just right through the logo(hey, you asked for our thoughts!).

Nice job though! I'd love ot build a bike up, but for now, I guess I will just have to do it part by part.

Max
    Velodramatic
    but my name is Max...

Skinny guys fight 'til they're burger

mtbr member

nice

mine is a little over 22 too!!
    they're sweet bikes!
    peace
    JF2 Racing!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    hey,
    haha i dont care bikefreak im open to whatever. Its a 19" frame, 5 degree bar { i dont know what else to classify it by, i didn't cut it}, and a 110 milimeter stem. I weigh 175 and about 5"11- 6 foot. If it helps any im 15 so im still gonna change and all in hight and weight.
    "Work hard, Ride harder"

banned
    Apr 2004

That is one of the cleanest builds I've seen posted

Quote Originally Posted by xsport652
    hey,
    haha i dont care bikefreak im open to whatever. Its a 19" frame, 5 degree bar { i dont know what else to classify it by, i didn't cut it}, and a 110 milimeter stem. I weigh 175 and about 5"11- 6 foot. If it helps any im 15 so im still gonna change and all in hight and weight.
    around here in a while.
    Not overly ornate, looks like it is all business (the business of going fast).

What do you think of the SID?
    Everyone seems to whine that they are too flexy but after you get use to them, just about every thing else seems spongy & sluggish on the climbs.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    brake levers? carbon? what kind?

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Max
    but my name is Max...
    LOL! Sorry... I really wasn't 'awake' when I wrote that...

mtbr member

The cousin to your XTC

I couldn't resist posting a "cousin" to your great build - XTC's enjoyed a lot a popularity a few years back that has seemed to quiet down the past couple of years - so it's nice to see others again taking advantage of these "great value" frames.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/articles.php?ID=90

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    hey all,

TOMMASINI -
    I have always liked that build. Around 19-20 punds right? I hope to get mine around 20.

about the brake levers. I've only gotten about a mile on it so i still have to break in the ceramic pads and all to see their full potential. They are Tektro carbon eclipse levers. I can't remember exactly but I think I got them at airbomb.

Same with the sid only a mile on the bike. One thing I really love for the street is the lock out. It makes the biggest difference.

I'm gonna go on a ride today again just on the street to see how everything is going on it. I will post again.
    "Work hard, Ride harder"

mtbr member

About 19 1/2 but those tires pictured are poser weenie tires.....

I picked up those light tires a bit back when they were being blown out on ebay.....for $20 a pair I couldn't resist slapping them on to see how low the scale could go but they aren't good except for dry packed trails....everyday tires brings it to 20 1/2.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tommasini
    I picked up those light tires a bit back when they were being blown out on ebay.....for $20 a pair I couldn't resist slapping them on to see how low the scale could go but they aren't good except for dry packed trails....everyday tires brings it to 20 1/2.
    what kind of tires are you running everyday?
    "Work hard, Ride harder"

mtbr member

Ritcheys

NOS Ritchey WCS alpha bites @ 580 grams each - I picked up about 8 of these when they discountined more than 6 years ago - great tires with supple high tread count casing and interlocked center treads which are good for the hardpack and grassy trails I ride in - I'm not much of a mud rider so can't say how they do there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Nazi
    around here in a while.
    Not overly ornate, looks like it is all business (the business of going fast).

What do you think of the SID?
    Everyone seems to whine that they are too flexy but after you get use to them, just about every thing else seems spongy & sluggish on the climbs.
    I just did a pretty good ride on the road today and with out the lockout on and sprinting i was getting some rubbing. I weigh 175 if that helps. I am guessing its comming from the brake pads and tires.
    "Work hard, Ride harder"