Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I assume she'd let me order a QS2 road frame as part of this too. That'll put me in for two frames.
    Niner Jet9

Niner Air9

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I did finally hear back from Ming (by email), and she has said that there would be more discounts for higher quantities. I guess I will have to email her again to find out what that might be. She also mentioned, that depending on the quantity of frames, that they could possibly supply them form their current inventory.

I will try and phone again on Monday to iron out some details.

El Pollo Diablo
    still interested at 500, not so much above that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I got more details on the tentative GB today from Pedal Force. Payment would be made to PF directly and shipped directly from PF to individual buyers, so no worries about your frames hitting ebay . Shipping charges will be as detailed on PF's website ( http://pedalforce.com/online/pages.php?page_id=24 ). I have been told that depending on quantities and sizes that the GB might be able to be filled from their current inventory. Otherwise, there might be a delay getting them from Taiwan. Pedal Force has an order in place currently.

Here's the pricing:

5-10 pieces $675
    11-15 pieces $625
    16-20 pieces $599
    21-25 pieces $510

From the looks of things, we could probably get to 21 frames pretty easily. I'm going out on a limb here, and starting the GB with 3 frames. Please add your intentions here by quoting the list part of this post with your name. Please also keep in mind that on the last GB, PF allowed us to purchase other parts from the "bike build" section of their site, and for the most part, those parts were at a substantial savings over other discount sources. I suspect we'll be able to do the same again.

BlownCivic 3 frames

SUBLIM8er
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownCivic
    I got more details on the tentative GB today from Pedal Force. Payment would be made to PF directly and shipped directly from PF to individual buyers, so no worries about your frames hitting ebay . Shipping charges will be as detailed on PF's website ( http://pedalforce.com/online/pages.php?page_id=24 ). I have been told that depending on quantities and sizes that the GB might be able to be filled from their current inventory. Otherwise, there might be a delay getting them from Taiwan. Pedal Force has an order in place currently.

Here's the pricing:

5-10 pieces $675
    11-15 pieces $625
    16-20 pieces $599
    21-25 pieces $510

From the looks of things, we could probably get to 21 frames pretty easily. I'm going out on a limb here, and starting the GB with 3 frames. Please add your intentions here by quoting the list part of this post with your name. Please also keep in mind that on the last GB, PF allowed us to purchase other parts from the "bike build" section of their site, and for the most part, those parts were at a substantial savings over other discount sources. I suspect we'll be able to do the same again.

BlownCivic 3 frames
    Sounds good. Thanks for the update!

BlownCivic 3 frames
    Axis II 1 frame
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    Originally Posted by BlownCivic

Here's the pricing:

5-10 pieces $675
    11-15 pieces $625
    16-20 pieces $599
    21-25 pieces $510

BlownCivic 3 frames

BlownCivic 3 frames
    Axis II 1 frame
    cyclemnpat 1 frame(M)

mtbr member
    Count me in for sure on this one. Hopefully we can get 21 for sure.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    BlownCivic 3 frames
    Axis II 1 frame
    cyclemnpat 1 frame(M)
    Lord Taipan 1 frame

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    BlownCivic 3 frames
    Axis II 1 frame
    cyclemnpat 1 frame(M)
    Lord Taipan 1 frame
    Zeratul 1 frame

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    BlownCivic 3 frames
    Axis II 1 frame
    cyclemnpat 1 frame(M)
    Lord Taipan 1 frame
    Zeratul 1 frame
    Jeff Bell 1 frame (@ $625 or lower)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    If it's possible to get a road frame under the same deal, I may be interested in 1 or 2 additional frames.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

BlownCivic 3 frames
    Axis II 1 frame[
    Briscoelab 1 frame

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    BlownCivic 3 frames
    Axis II 1 frame
    cyclemnpat 1 frame(M)
    Lord Taipan 1 frame
    Zeratul 1 frame
    Jeff Bell 1 frame (@ $625 or lower, maybe more if road frames available)
    Briscoelab 1 frame

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    BlownCivic]BlownCivic 3 frames
    Axis II 1 frame
    cyclemnpat 1 frame(M)
    Lord Taipan 1 frame
    Zeratul 1 frame
    Briscoelab 1 frame
    tolleyman 1 frame,perhaps 2 if road frames are available.
    Niner Jet9

Niner Air9

mtbr member
    BlownCivic]BlownCivic 3 frames
    Axis II 1 frame
    cyclemnpat 1 frame(M)
    Lord Taipan 1 frame
    Zeratul 1 frame
    Briscoelab 1 frame
    tolleyman 1 frame,perhaps 2 if road frames are available.
    MF9point8 1 Frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    How soon are those that have shown interest going to be able to pay? I just got word this morning that we have till the 15th of September to have our money in, or the GB goes to another "interested party". Please help me maintain some credibility here with Pedal Force.

Thanks

Jacques

mtbr member
    Whenever you need. Specifically how will we be paying.
    -Michael

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I don't have all the details ironed out just yet, but you'll be paying Pedal Force directly and if I recall correctly, on the last GB, Credit Card, Paypal payments or money orders work.

SUBLIM8er
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownCivic
    How soon are those that have shown interest going to be able to pay? I just got word this morning that we have till the 15th of September to have our money in, or the GB goes to another "interested party". Please help me maintain some credibility here with Pedal Force.

Thanks

Jacques
    If they are going to decrease our window of opportunity it handicaps our ability to get the best possible price. I suppose that's exactly what they are trying to accomplish here. I would say that you have lost no credibility with PF if they are going to throw an arbitrary deadline into the mix on such short notice. Shall we call their bluff? I can pay emmediately BUT I was looking forward to the 625 figure at least.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I can pay right away as well.
    Niner Jet9

Niner Air9

mtbr member
    Alright sounds good. Keep us posted,
    Thanks for all of your work thus far.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I can pay immediately, but I also don't have any problem waiting several months. If they don't have enough frames on hand, it could take time for them to get more frames manufactured.

They say the frames are made in factories in Taiwan that make parts for multiple bike companies. Each new batch would have to be scheduled around whatever else is happening, and the larger bike companies probably take precedence. I'm guessing the group buy programs they set up were to verify they had enough orders to cover their up-front manufacturing costs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Well the official word on other frames (road stuff) is no. Only the MT frame can take part in this GB. We now have just over 1 week to get to the 21 piece count. Lets spread the word folks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axis II
    If they are going to decrease our window of opportunity it handicaps our ability to get the best possible price. I suppose that's exactly what they are trying to accomplish here. I would say that you have lost no credibility with PF if they are going to throw an arbitrary deadline into the mix on such short notice. Shall we call their bluff? I can pay emmediately BUT I was looking forward to the 625 figure at least.
    My thoughts exactly, what happened to their usual deposit then wait, then pay rest plan like all the other group buys? If we're getting kneecaped here with a deadline I say we call their bluff.

mtbr member
    http://weightweenies.starbike.com/ph...ic.php?t=34490

I posted info up on weight weenies, maybe we'll get some takers from there/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast