SUBLIM8er

Panaracer Razer MX 2.3 measurements

So, lets please keep this thread on point. I aired up the new Razer MX yesterday am. I measued it with the calipers this morning after it had time to settle in a bit. I measured a casing width of 2.1 and outside knob to outside knob width of 2.2. For comparisons my 2.1 Nobby Nic has a casing diameter of 1.9 and knob to knob of 2.0 and it has been mounted up for weeks so it's had head start on stretching over the big Razer. The 2.1 Razer is a very fast rolling tire that I have punished on the rocks for a season.

The weight once again is 532g for the big Razer
    My Nobby Nic is 528g
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I "pinched" a Razer on the bike shop shelf , and the casing seemed as thin as the Racing Ralph, if not thinner. If it's resistant to cuts and other trail damage, good to know.
    It should roll faster than the Speed King.

PS weight is measured in g, and casing is measured in mm :-)

STS
    mtbr member
    and how is traction and grip on curves compared with the Nobby Nics?

SUBLIM8er
    Quote Originally Posted by STS
    and how is traction and grip on curves compared with the Nobby Nics?
    Excellent so long as its not very wet/loose. The NN will work better in those conditions, IMO. On tack and hardpack I think the 2.3 Razer has the edge for cornering and rolling faster. I was amazed today with how well the big Razer was hooking up in the front on hard and sharp cornering. It was almost like it was begging me to push the limit a little bit more to see just how far it would go before it broke loose. I never got it to break loose!
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

Ride Everything
    Thanks for the info/update. I ordered one late last night from Universal Cycles.