mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Orbea Alma/Scott Scale 15/Taurine 1??

Cross post,I currently ride a titis racerx 100 small with a 90mm stem and really like it but last week while it was in the shop I rode a old hardtall and was a lot faster on the same trails for a solid 2 hours.Now I am thinking I need a new racing hardtail.I race sport 50+ but always am trying to get faster.All three bikes look great and are about 4k the way I would build them up.Anyone out there riding/racing any of these bikes?How is the sizing,comfort,overall handling for you.Thanks for any input.The more specific the better.I have been told I am a little anal.I hate to spend 4k and not be happy.Thanks

himom!
    Apr 2006
    Were you really faster? Or did it just "feel" faster because you were bouncing around a lot?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I was definately faster.Guys who I could not usualy even see could not get away from me and they were trying.It was certainly a more active ride and lower back was a little stiff after 2 hours but we were hitting it pretty hard.When I get my titis out of the shop,hopefully tomorrow,I plan on trying the shock pumped up a little more than usual.

mtbr member
    I haven't ridden any of them but I think Scott has the best reputation. I know the 2007 Alma had problems with cracking and Cannondale seems to recall at least one bike every year.

LA CHÈVRE
    The Taurine has been trouble free since it's release and is a great ride. Very stiff but the Scalpel-like chainstays make it absorb some of the hits that typically wear out your back after long races. You also get the added advantage of having much stiffer and lighter fork and crankset than on anything else. Cannondale sizes fit me perfectly but I can't say if it will for you so the best thing would be to try the three bikes you are interested in.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :