jceahodges

Nino? Nokian NBX Lite 2.2 and NBX 2.1

After reading about rolling resistance (RR)... it seems that the Nokian NBX Lite 2.0 is the speed king. That tire is too small for my taste, but what about the NBX 2.1 and/or the NBX Lite 2.2? How do these compare to their smaller brother in RR, weight, volume... might be helpful to compare these characteristics to other well know tires in this same category as well. Thanks for any feedback, anyone can give, especially Nino who seems to have a long history on these tires.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

The NBX 2.2

weighs about 550 grams. at least thats what my scales weights the 3 I have had at. The 2.2 looks about like a normal 2.0. The nokian 2.0 compares more closely with other manufactures 1.8. Performance wise I really notice that the 2.2 cornors better then the 2.0. On the rear I cannot tell the difference between the 2, but its quite noticable on the front. I also seem to get less sidewall cuts with the 2.2 but it is definatly still susceptable to sharp rocks.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me