mtbr member
    Sep 2004

New brand of carbon cranks

I am building up a frame and found a new carbon componet company on the internet. Check out www.carbonlord.com Their cranks look very nice but I have never heard of them before. Their is a guy on ebay selling the cranks for $200. If anyone has used their products please let me know.

Welcome Turner Homers!

Been around for a while.....

....at least 5 years. I don't know about their reliability, but I know the guy used to post on RoadbikeReview.com. Maybe do a search over there.

Quote Originally Posted by own154
    I am building up a frame and found a new carbon componet company on the internet. Check out www.carbonlord.com Their cranks look very nice but I have never heard of them before. Their is a guy on ebay selling the cranks for $200. If anyone has used their products please let me know.
    Ask me about my translucent green clearcoat!

Neg reppers r my biatches
    sweet sub title on your account! just noticed it now

Welcome Turner Homers!

You know how it is....

....Ya gotta get em feelin' all warm n fuzzy.....

And then....

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    sweet sub title on your account! just noticed it now

ballbuster

Seen these?

They are road cranks, but I was amazed at how cheap they were. Performance has them on sale for $185 right now. Claimed 585g.

Are these a re-lebeled crankset? FSAs maybe?

Thinking of a set of these for my roadie.

Welcome Turner Homers!

That Spider looks to be aluminum....

...in the picture. If so, it's probably just a Carbon covered crank. (Looks alot like an old Specialized Strongarm crank wrapped in carbon, to tell the truth.)
    Regardless, it doesn't look like an FSA to me.
    I have a Forte carbon riser that has been great so far so apart from my inherent snobishness, I see no reason not to give the cranks a try. And Performance's return/warranty policy is second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    They are road cranks, but I was amazed at how cheap they were. Performance has them on sale for $185 right now. Claimed 585g.

Are these a re-lebeled crankset? FSAs maybe?

Thinking of a set of these for my roadie.

ballbuster

I take this with a grain of salt...

Quote Originally Posted by el Turtlehead
    ...in the picture. If so, it's probably just a Carbon covered crank. (Looks alot like an old Specialized Strongarm crank wrapped in carbon, to tell the truth.)
    Regardless, it doesn't look like an FSA to me.
    I have a Forte carbon riser that has been great so far so apart from my inherent snobishness, I see no reason not to give the cranks a try. And Performance's return/warranty policy is second to none.
    ... but the sales guy told me that it is a full carbon, not a wrap. I don't totally reply on the advice they give me there, but he seemed to be on top of it.

Speaking of bike snobiness, I just realized that my new budgetlight race bike build is practically all Forte parts. Carbon bars, brakes, Ti skewers, stem... Light, cheap and strong. Take that, KB!
    Last edited by pimpbot; 09-25-2005 at 10:02 PM.

Welcome Turner Homers!

It looks like I was looking at my monitor from a bad angle....

...cuz now I can see the carbon in the spider. They're probably fine. But you could also pick up some FSA Carbon Teams with either ISIS or XTR splines for $250. But then, Performance would probably be better to deal with should you have to warranty them.

I actually think my Performance CTR Carbon riser has cooler looking graphics than my old Easton Monkey Lite. $39 to boot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    ... but the sales guy told me that it is a full carbon, not a wrap. I don't totally reply on the advice they give me there, but he seemed to be on top of it.

Speaking of bike snobiness, I just realized that my new budgetlight race bike build is practically all Forte parts. Carbon bars, brakes, Ti skewers, stem... Light, cheap and strong. Take that, KB!

Members who have read this thread: 0