mtbr member

my new BMC carborazor "hybrid"

hello,
    not especially lightweight at 9 kg at present, but hot looking and beautiful/efficient street machine.
    I have changed a few parts already but some will follow in the upcoming months.
    I've put on an extralite handelbar cut at 52 cm, AX lightness bar end, Thompson seatpost, Fisik Aliente carbon saddle and 959 pedals. I also put the TA sirius 51-38-30 rings.
    Soon I plan on building a DT RR/DT 240 wheelset, the new Ritchey V4 one side pedal (200 gr), Extralite stem, lighter tires/tube.
    So I guess, I should look at a near 8 kg witch suits me just fine considering the disk factor.
    I have always been a V brake supporter, but riding the Marta is a real joy in terms of power and modulation. So far, no noize/no rub. 100% perfect and looks really slick on the bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    what a beautiful seatpost!!

Driven by watts inside
    Very sexy. I just got a new job and the first thing I'm going to buy is a new BMC SLC01 Pro Machine. Holy crap, they're HOT!

- Jeremy -

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Awesome bike! Real nice mix of light weight and solid components.

Trail rider and racer
    Very nice indeed Didier - A bet it makes for a great little city commute bike, that could be taken on dirt if need be.

(On a sidenote: Looks like the same place nino shoots his bike pictures)
    Trev!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My LBS in Queens NY has been selling BMC since September. They ride great in test rides, but no one on this board can give me any reviews on their bikes. I would appreciate if any BMC owners can share their experience.

Thank You

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    Very nice indeed Didier - A bet it makes for a great little city commute bike, that could be taken on dirt if need be.

(On a sidenote: Looks like the same place nino shoots his bike pictures)
    hello trevor,
    in fact, I live 200 km west of Nino, but lot's of swiss houses have these stones around.
    the BMC, my first non titanium bicycle for 12 years is not quite a commuter since it is more devoted to fun road riding being in 700/23 mm. I love it very much, my friend Laurent that sell BMC and my wife own that same rig.
    To me a commuter is more like the one I built, all titanium, fenders, light, tools, pump...
    a bike that you can take around the world and won't break. Like that one.
    soon. didier
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0