Thread: My new bikes!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

... and if we just ... My new bikes!

Hey Guys,

After months and months of collecting, saving, and spending money, i have finally completed my SWEET bikes.

Here they arefeel free to critique me)

If you were wondering, I based my bikes off 2 other bikes on litebikes.com.(NO I DIDN'T COPY THEM!!!!!!)

banned

bad choice on parts...

what a bad choice on parts on the Scott. there's much lighter to be had. the road cassette isn't suited for offroad use as well as the road derailleur. no discs? no good. carbon saddle has no comfort. can you say bonehard? 520mm handlebar? not acceptable. KMC chain? what a junk. 2.0" tires? too narrow. ...

naaah - no good

mtbr member
    Those shaved chain rings on the Scott are all wrong. Way too light! And what happened to the disc hanger on that SID? What were you thinking! You should have asked for Nino`s and Dirt boy`s advise before spending so much $.

The Riddler
    Why two hardtails?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Scary
    Malol and I are still waiting for a picture of you actually riding your bike offroad...
    and we are still waitting your racing results and photos from you and your twin brother malol too.

hey
    ho
    lets go!

banned

Lol...

I gave the info to dirtboy two days ago. Go to www.mmba.org. I raced the NORBA Bloomer race (Sport Mens 35-39). I got 5th, I also raced Addison Oaks (same class) and got 4th. I am moving to Expert next year. So there are my results, if you want photos, I can supply the links as well.
    Now let's see Nino in all of his gut busting glory!
    a lighter and better bike, better gearing and faster tires (yes, the ones measuring just 1.8"..) would have resulted in better results

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

Nice to hear from malol and mr scary's cousin

no message
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com
    The Largest Site Dedicated to Light Weight Bikes and Sales
    Twitter: @lightbikes_com

Primative Screwhead

New question here. What...in...the...name...of...hell...

...is the 'Bloomer Race?!?!

I ask merely for information.

F.
    Last edited by Feideaux; 12-31-2004 at 05:28 PM. Reason: blew a synapse
    Ego maniacs please object to my posts.

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

New question here. Hmmmm...???

2004 MMBA Results?
    Bloomer race (Sport Mens 35-39):
    [size=2]5[/size] [size=2]238[/size] [size=2]MATTICE, DEREK[/size] [size=2] MI / 36[/size] [size=2]ROCHSTER, MI[/size] [size=2]1:42:01.9[/size]
    http://www.tailwind.net/cgi-bin/results.pl?Bloomercc3-4

Addison Oaks

CLASS: SPORT.MEN/35-39
    4 Pete Favata 2191 Shelby Twp MI 27:25 58:38 1:26:5
    http://www.gaultracemanagement.com/r...ll01_Race3.txt

Did I get the wrong year or results?? Maybe I made a mistake?
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

Whoops...My mistake on Addison.

Did the 31.8 bars help you? You make stupid comments about Nino's parts, but we see no pics of your ride or parts specs.

I am sure at 125lbs you need those stiffer bars and stem to help you. Again I am pretty sure at your size, you are not going to feels one bit of differnce what so ever. Sure I am not you and now sure how sensitve you are but..

I don't care about some MX guy either. Most at your weight won't feel it and i am sure ypu don't. Funny but other reps from companies have also mentioned that 31.8 is marketi g and make things easier to have MTB and Road bikes share the same size. Easier and more money making possibilites. same companies that sponsor boards here.
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

Not a currency guru...

but I follow the euro market closely. Besides "peddleling" some euro parts, I deal with other matters in europe where I deal with finance.

Just read the al little dude. The american currency is in dire straits....
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

banned
    Yeah like that almost makes sense...
    BTW, quit responding about the Euro, I said talk to me in a year I could care less what happened on Thursday. The US has only raised Prime half a point. Not enough to get your panties in a bunch just yet, since you seem to think you are some currency guru since you peddle some European products.
    "....Shimano XTR drivetrain (2X9 with Dura Ace bb), Cannondale Optimo frame (with a Fatty Ultra 80mm fork-awaiting the new Magura cartridge), Magura Marta disc, Crossmax disc wheels, Conti Supersonic tires w/ Stans, Ritchey carbon 31.8 bar, Thomson offset post, Fizik Gobi saddle....

some parts sound pretty european to me:

Magura disc
    Magura Cartridge ('cause they know how to get that fork right?)
    Mavic Crossmax
    Conti Tires : you better swap tires as THESE definitely aren't trail worthy. you know, "lack of control"...
    Fizik Saddle

AND:
    Ritchey carbon OS bar (couldn't laugh more here!! who was it that talked bad about far east carbon?...)

and i also like Dirt Boys comment about the added stiffness of OS stems and bars and your weight...just a tiny little smile here

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

Sorry buddy....

Well at lesat I have a job and own 3 business. collecting change the toll booth just gives for slush funds for bikes.

Man you are such a TROLL!
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

-> SickLines.com <-
    [QUOTE=Mr. Scary]
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRT BOY
    2004 MMBA Results?
    [size=2]5[/size] [size=2]238[/size] [size=2]MATTICE, DEREK[/size] [size=2] MI / 36[/size] [size=2]ROCHSTER, MI[/size] [size=2]1:42:01.9[/size]

Addison Oaks

[font=Arial]CLASS: SPORT.MEN/35-39

The year is wrong for Addison, I just checked and they do not have the 2004 results listed for whatever reason, but the Bloomer is correct.

Are you sure you're ready to move up? I assume bloomer sport did 2 laps? (My parents live in MI and thats a fun course). I assume you're doing some training this winter but numbers:

1:42 for two laps (or 51mins/lap)

expert does 3 laps so that would be 2:33 for three laps assuming you could keep the same pace. That would put you in last place in expert finishing 15minutes behind the last person.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Mr. Scary]
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRT BOY
    2004 MMBA Results?

Addison Oaks

[font=Arial]CLASS: SPORT.MEN/35-39

The year is wrong for Addison, I just checked and they do not have the 2004 results listed for whatever reason, but the Bloomer is correct.
    Small world!!!

I finished fifth at Addison - judging by the lap times, you must have been the guy who passed me on the second lap. BTW, the results are there, you just need to look under race#4. Did you race the Iceman this year - best event in Michigan.

Anyway, do you just antagonize these guys for fun? I wouldn't ride an 18# hardtail myself, but I like to read others people's ideas on bike parts. Just wondering...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hey! Nino, why do you say if theres no discs, its no good? You guys do cross country racing, not dh or all mountain, what do you need discs to brake for, with that light of a setup on your bike you shouldn't be doing enuff downhill and all mountain trails so that you even need to brake half the time. V-brakes are way good enuff for the type of ridding he does, xtr v's and avid single digit ti are very good and lightweight v brakes, they do the job for this type of riding and weight allot less.

Upgrade-itis
    Nov 2004

woooooooosh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques12345
    Hey! Nino, why do you say if theres no discs, its no good? You guys do cross country racing, not dh or all mountain, what do you need discs to brake for, with that light of a setup on your bike you shouldn't be doing enuff downhill and all mountain trails so that you even need to brake half the time. V-brakes are way good enuff for the type of ridding he does, xtr v's and avid single digit ti are very good and lightweight v brakes, they do the job for this type of riding and weight allot less.
    I think you should read some a Nino's other posts until you make him out to be a proponent of disc brakes...

187g Vuelta Mag V-Brake...

lol
    Last edited by kukusz; 01-02-2005 at 11:56 PM.

banned

hey Jacques...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques12345
    that was a joke!
    if you would know me better you would know i'm a hardcore V-Braker

mtbr member
    No, I didn't do Iceman (I have never done that event because the weather can be unpredictable). Where did MMBA archive the 2004 results? They just have 2005 forms, etc. listed on the racing page now.
    Do you ride for Paint Creek?
    The results are not on the MMBA page anywhere. Addison Oaks uses Gault Race Management to time their races and is not promoted by Tailwind or Fun Promotions.

http://www.doitsports.com/newresults...38516_2004.txt

Yes - I started riding for Paint Creek Bikes last year. I will be staying in the Sport category one more year to try and win it this year (I was 5th last year). See you at Yankee Springs.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    silly boys!

8-)