Weight Weenie Shop Owner

... and if we just ... My Litespeed Capella - Roadie light bike

Well I finally finshied the Litespeed Capella for now.
    The build could be lighter, but I went with what works best for me and a fine balance between form, weight and function. Last upgrade will be Ultegra, Dura-Ace, Zero Gravity and full DA10 Drivetrain to save further weight.
    Who know maybe even Campy Chorus

Here is a pic:

Weight: 17.17lbs

Spec can be found here on the REAL light-bikes site.
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com
    The Largest Site Dedicated to Light Weight Bikes and Sales
    Twitter: @lightbikes_com

nightriding is fun !
    I'm used to seeing Ti-gray Litespeeds but this sure looks like a fine ride too
    Titanium or Bust !

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Real nice bike dirtboy.

I'm sure it rides awesome

Trail rider and racer
    Dirtboy; Thats quite a nice build. I think apart from the brakes I would leave it as is. The difference between ultegra and Dura Ace must be marginal at best eh? How are you finding the saddle? I have been itching for so long to get one as they look mighty comfortable. I thought it might be better then my beloved SLR for the roadie.

Trevor!
    Trev!

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

It's the best saddle that I have rode, bar none!

I have done 4 centry rides with it and it feels perfect. Very commfy and has plenty of riding positons. BUT I also hated the SLR. I don't mind a heavier saddle on the road due to I sit basically the whole time compared to riding a HT mtb. Iff the Fizik Gobi was not so heavy, I would have on on my KLEIN.

The brakes are actually strong enough, but I want something lighter. With new brakes and DURA-ACE or Centuar, the bike would be in the below 17lbs which is my goal. With no hills here in Florida, I don't need much lighetr except for the fun it
    !

Also I am on a budget here aslo.
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

Trail rider and racer
    Thanks for the saddle feedback. I might pick one up. As for the bike, I think it's a perfect build - the paint looks good and all the parts are spot on perfect..
    Trev!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    Dirtboy; Thats quite a nice build. I think apart from the brakes I would leave it as is. The difference between ultegra and Dura Ace must be marginal at best eh? How are you finding the saddle? I have been itching for so long to get one as they look mighty comfortable. I thought it might be better then my beloved SLR for the roadie.

Trevor!
    Comment on the Arione: It was perfect right out of box but now after some 50hrs it seems to be getting softer and is sagging more with rider weight. This is pronounced now that most of my riding is done on rollers.
    I'm fairly heavy rider (+85kg and it's not even Christmas yet!) and can't stand saddles which have curved side profile (such as old WTB's).

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by markom
    Comment on the Arione: It was perfect right out of box but now after some 50hrs it seems to be getting softer and is sagging more with rider weight.
    I'm fairly heavy rider (+85kg and it's not even Christmas yet!) and can't stand saddles which have curved side profile (such as old WTB's).
    That sounds like an annoying problem. I wonder if this is a common occurrence. I consider the Fizik saddles to be expensive so would expect it to be reliable over time...

As for rider weight 85Kg is not all that much (In the scheme of things) so I figure its a saddle issue rather than rider issue. I am 80Kg (10.5%) and have no issues with my SLR or other Ti railed saddles.
    Trev!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    That sounds like an annoying problem. I wonder if this is a common occurrence. I consider the Fizik saddles to be expensive so would expect it to be reliable over time...

As for rider weight 85Kg is not all that much (In the scheme of things) so I figure its a saddle issue rather than rider issue. I am 80Kg (10.5%) and have no issues with my SLR or other Ti railed saddles.
    I'm not sure if it's a problem or feature, in Cyclingnews review they claim that it's supposed to give in a bit. Link: http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?...k_gobi_arione1
    I would have kept the SLR but insides of my not- too-massive thighs chafed on the saddle edges on longer rides.

I'd recommend trying Arione, many seem to like it. It requires bit more adjusting for sweet spot though.

mainly roadie
    I agree with Markom on the Arione. First couple of rides it was great, then for awhile all the positions seemed off and I had to keep tweaking the adjustment. Now it's "broken in" (I guess that's what the grooves in the shell are for) and it feels great again. I find the extra length really nice.

@DirtBoy: nice ride!
    How do you like the CT seatpost? Any chance you could possibly post or email me pix of the clamp/head? I'm been trying to find some close-ups....

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by markom
    I'm not sure if it's a problem or feature, in Cyclingnews review they claim that it's supposed to give in a bit. Link: http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?...k_gobi_arione1
    I would have kept the SLR but insides of my not- too-massive thighs chafed on the saddle edges on longer rides.

I'd recommend trying Arione, many seem to like it. It requires bit more adjusting for sweet spot though.
    I don't quite like the idea of saddles that take time to find the sweet spot. Further the idea of it developing a little bit of give or softness doesn't sell to well on me. I find with my SLR it is set and forget and its easy to get 2 SLRs feeling the same without even thinking to hard.

Speaking of SLRs and legs, I find mine to be a pain when I am wet and the saddle is wet during sloppy winter rides when the rain begins to fall.

I might look out to see if any of my regular ride buddies have one, and try it out before buying,
    Trev!

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

I find it good as any CF post so far...

e-mail me and I will send a pic. it's a bsaic 1 bolt desgin on the head.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRT BOY
    e-mail me and I will send a pic. it's a bsaic 1 bolt desgin on the head.
    Whats the reason for the void in the seatpost shape? is it supposed to absorb vibration like the specialized Pave (which work great) post?

For all the roadies who are probably reading this thread... heres some roadie wheel pr0n

American Classic wheels.... 1273g with the Sapim Spokes. Every time I pick up these wheels I start giggling like a schoolgirl.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Alright, let's ride!
    Great looking bike. Good choice on the saddle too. I went with the Aliante on my roadie and a Gobi on my mtb. I love them both. When it comes to the saddle I'm willing to give up a little weight in order to be comfortable on the bike during the long rides.