bike rider

My Bike in On-Line Italian mag.

Here is an old article about my bike on an Italian On-Line Mag. So much has changed since then.
    Niner Air9 Carbon 6300 gramos; por Matt
    I got some pretty decent Niners!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I like that bike so much, what has it change since?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkock View Post
    Here is an old article about my bike on an Italian On-Line Mag. So much has changed since then.
    Niner Air9 Carbon 6300 gramos; por Matt
    May I ask where you got that "Pedal damn it" decal?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    They come on all niner frames, I have seen then on eBay too.

MaLóŒ˘*size=
    that is not an italian website sweetheart, it's spanish.

bike rider
    Oh yeah sorry, it's from Spain. I've lost the link to the Italian and German mags it was in.

Since building it I have changed the chainring and cog from a 22x12 to a 26x14 which it saving me money on chains. The gear ratio is still 1.8 to 1 but without the tight turns I'm wearing chains a Lot slower. I still have the Stans Race Gold wheels but I'm usually rolling on some Stans Crests in Red on Stans hubs. Sometimes I run Specialized Renegades or FastTraks depending on the course. I've switched to a MCFK saddle and dropped 31g. I'm running a wider Niner RDO Carbon bar and an eBay carbon seatpost. On a Fat day it's weighing in at 14.4lbs and in Race Trim it's still just under 14lbs. Once my RDO Full Squish Build is done it's going on a diet with some Super WW German, Italian and Polish bits. I think I can get it into the 11lb range and still jump it.

Oh yeah, ALL the paint is coming off the frame and fork via Carbolift. Have you guys seen how thick the paint is on these Niners? Should be good for a few ounces. ;-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkock View Post
    Oh yeah sorry, it's from Spain. I've lost the link to the Italian and German mags it was in.

Since building it I have changed the chainring and cog from a 22x12 to a 26x14 which it saving me money on chains. The gear ratio is still 1.8 to 1 but without the tight turns I'm wearing chains a Lot slower. I still have the Stans Race Gold wheels but I'm usually rolling on some Stans Crests in Red on Stans hubs. Sometimes I run Specialized Renegades or FastTraks depending on the course. I've switched to a MCFK saddle and dropped 31g. I'm running a wider Niner RDO Carbon bar and an eBay carbon seatpost. On a Fat day it's weighing in at 14.4lbs and in Race Trim it's still just under 14lbs. Once my RDO Full Squish Build is done it's going on a diet with some Super WW German, Italian and Polish bits. I think I can get it into the 11lb range and still jump it.

Oh yeah, ALL the paint is coming off the frame and fork via Carbolift. Have you guys seen how thick the paint is on these Niners? Should be good for a few ounces. ;-)
    Is that carbo lift legit? I'm in need of a fresh paint scheme. The Halloween look is no bueno.

When's that bounce factory gone get built up, anyway? ... And will it be XX1?

I'm so wanting king to get an XX1 driver out... Enve's, XX1, and some R1's. and Kawi green... And a dropper so I can boom ****. So many times I've wanted to double big rolls hills but the impending Fizik enema vaginizes me so...

Doing mellow johnnies?
    ORP

bike rider
    Yeah the CarboLift is great and there is a ton of paint on my frame and fork.

The RDO is going to probably come in north of $16,000 so the build is taking more than a little while. The wife won't let me take that much out of the bank all at once. :-(

No I'm not doing any XC races this year. I'm due for another knee surgery soon.

Mulleticious
    Awesome build. I would be worried about it surviving under my weight though (195lbs in kit).

May I ask how much YOU weigh???

Bro Mountainbiker
    Sounds slow.
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens