Thread: MSC black seal

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

MSC black seal

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has used MSC black seal sealant? If so what are your toughts? Better / worse compared to stans?
    Cheers

mtbr member
    I don't know about the sealant, but everything else that MSC makes is garbage.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sfer1 View Post
    I don't know about the sealant, but everything else that MSC makes is garbage.
    I beg to differ, i have various MSC components all flawless and awesome. Still working

mtbr member
    You must be very lucky.

As someone said on foroMTB: "Hay una máxima del MTB que dice: 'Todo lo de MSC peta menos un 10%'".
    Translation: "There's a maxim in MTB that says: 'Everything by MSC breaks, except a 10 percent'."

Their frames and handlebars in particular are absolute crap. If you speak Spanish, go to the Bicis Ligeras (Light Bikes) subforum on foroMTB and see for yourselves. I wouldn't even ride their stuff if they paid me to.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Actually I have used the black seel. Seems to work alright, it seems a bit thicker than stans but still plugs up and seals standard tires ok. Easy to peel off as well once its all dried up.
    Problem is, its so hard to find - I bought a few bottles when when i living in Andorra.

20 years in the woods
    Feb 2008
    I used MSC's Black Seal on my Bontrager Mud X winter tires. Seals the tire well,but Stan's ot Joe's No Flats works better and lasts longer (doesn't dry so fast).

MSC sells dozens of different components and acessories under their name,saying that everything they make is garbage is just stupid.
    Gajas what?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I have not used the Black Seal, but other MSC stuff is ok. Hell i have a frame and like it! It is for lightweight riders and racers, not made for US trail abuse

Chris.

mtbr member
    +1 I'm happy with m MSC wcr frame, carbon bars and post. Most carbon will break with the right amount of abuse.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I have been using the WCR carbon for 1,5yrs now, with their carbon bar and post. Totally flawless actually. Great race bike imo
    So many haters on this forum

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonkotsu flavour View Post
    I have been using the WCR carbon for 1,5yrs now, with their carbon bar and post. Totally flawless actually. Great race bike imo
    So many haters on this forum
    And so many people who buy stuff just because it's light, without doing any research first.

They're considered a joke in their own country for a reason.

mtbr member

Listen!

Quote Originally Posted by sfer1 View Post
    And so many people who buy stuff just because it's light, without doing any research first.

They're considered a joke in their own country for a reason.

sfer1 you'd go a long way by doing us all a massive favor and posting the actual links to the problems you claim exist. Even a photo might be helpful. Otherwise what you're saying won't ever appear valid.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberdoggy View Post

sfer1 you'd go a long way by doing us all a massive favor and posting the actual links to the problems you claim exist. Even a photo might be helpful. Otherwise what you're saying won't ever appear valid.
    It would take forever to find those posts since the term MSC is too short for the forum search engine, but feel free to open a new thread there and ask Spanish weight weenies what they think about this Spanish manufacturer.

the catalan connection

No good

Once I got a 40 t MSC outer ring. Back to the shop even before install.It was bent where the shifting pins had been riveted, besides being really thin and looking crap. Crap indeed. Days later got a Blackspire and later a Middleburn, not even remotely close, these are quality.
    I don´t think I´ll ever buy anything MSC again.And I would happily buy from them, since it´s from home...
    Last edited by What&son; 07-16-2011 at 01:55 PM.
    "Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordly evidence of the fact." George Elliot