Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mosso?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Mosso?

Anybody know anything about the Mosso frames on ebay? I'm looking for a somewhat inexpensive light frame and saw these.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ame&category0=

SUBLIM8er
    I saw those on Cycleway allong with two other unknown (to me) brands. I wondered about them as well. You can't really go wrong for the price on the Sc version.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MOSSO-ferret-Sca...QQcmdZViewItem
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Axis II
    I saw those on Cycleway allong with two other unknown (to me) brands. I wondered about them as well. You can't really go wrong for the price on the Sc version.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MOSSO-ferret-Sca...QQcmdZViewItem
    Yeah..thats the one I was looking at. Even if its above the claimed weight it should still be pretty light.

banned

some pics....

i just found the links to the german ww-forum where a guy has one of these:
    http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showpos...&postcount=144

according to the source this is size M:
    http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showpos...&postcount=149

a very nice frameset indeed!

i weighed these frames at Eurobike last year and there are big differences among them depending on the colour. AMOEBA also sells this exaty same frame in an anodized version which was roughly 80g lighter than the same painted frame at the Mosso booth.

mtbr member
    no I donīt own one
    the pics are from the seller

@Nino can you post a link to the AMOEBA frame

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe
    no I donīt own one
    the pics are from the seller

@Nino can you post a link to the AMOEBA frame
    i just checked but it's not on the website. however the frame was in their catalogue i picked up at Eurobike. i weighed the frame on my own scale at the booth and it was really light. when i asked Mosso about the weight difference he got a bit angry...he really was a mad guy

mtbr member
    wow that frame weighs a pound less than my front wheel w/ tire...

mtbr member
    May 2007

Mosso Scandium Frame...

I purchased one of these Mosso frames on eBay about four months ago to build a lightweight hardtail. It is the Mosso Scandium and the frame arrived from China in just four days. I ordered the 16 inch frame, which works great for me at 5'8", and it is just 2.6 lbs. (frame only) on my digital scale. The BB threads and welds were perfect, something I was worried about since it is from China and can't really be returned easily, and it hasn't broken yet! After the build my bike weighs 23.5 lbs., though of course by swapping some parts it could be lighter. The bike rides great, a little softer than previous aluminum hardtails I have owned, but similar in many ways. I included a few pictures from after the build.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SUBLIM8er
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian14
    I purchased one of these Mosso frames on eBay about four months ago to build a lightweight hardtail. It is the Mosso Scandium and the frame arrived from China in just four days. I ordered the 16 inch frame, which works great for me at 5'8", and it is just 2.6 lbs. (frame only) on my digital scale. The BB threads and welds were perfect, something I was worried about since it is from China and can't really be returned easily, and it hasn't broken yet! After the build my bike weighs 23.5 lbs., though of course by swapping some parts it could be lighter. The bike rides great, a little softer than previous aluminum hardtails I have owned, but similar in many ways. I included a few pictures from after the build.
    Re: softness............How would you rate the BB stiffness? Can you notice much FD/chain rub when powering? And how is the rear triangle when carving and powering corners at speed?
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The BB and rear triangle both seem quite stiff and I have had no real chain rub. The softness that I have felt might really be due to the CF seatpost that I put on to take some of the harshness out of the hardtail ride. I am only 135 lbs., so that also might be why I have felt no real flex in the frame. The scandium does feel like it absorbs just a bit more of the bumps than my old aluminum frame used to.

SUBLIM8er
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian14
    The BB and rear triangle both seem quite stiff and I have had no real chain rub. The softness that I have felt might really be due to the CF seatpost that I put on to take some of the harshness out of the hardtail ride. I am only 135 lbs., so that also might be why I have felt no real flex in the frame. The scandium does feel like it absorbs just a bit more of the bumps than my old aluminum frame used to.
    Thanks Brian. I'm kinda interested in this frame but I'm a bit wary about stiffness at my 165lbs and massive leg power... Anyone else out there at my weight with this frame? Do tell, please.
    William S. Burroughs

nuj
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    hello to all, i'm from the philippines and i too have a mosso frame bike. mine is a mosso steel horse dual suspension. i have trying to look for the website but no luck yet. anyway, has anyone experienced using a frame like mine, heres the pics

the train keeps rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by nino
    he really was a mad guy
    So you enjoy making people mad, then relish in it?
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    hi jay here. im about to buy a mosso pangolin next week. it is a dual suspension frame. this is my first time to get an MTB. it has suntour front suspension, shimano rapid fire.

what do you guys think?

nuj
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    hello jay,
    mosso is a great frame for a mountain bike. you have to adjust the suspension in order to make good used of the four bar lingkage. sorry to say this but my bike got stolen while my son was about to go home from loading his celphone. the ******* knock my boy out of the bike and run with it. hope one day that guy gets run over by a truck

mtbr member
    That suc "nuj"! Hope he gets what he deserve.

Back to the topic, Mosso frames and others have been around in ebay for some time now and thier good value and works ok. A friend of mine bought the GUB brand it use some sort of alloy and its light for size small around 1200kg+. He's been riding the frame for a year now and the only problem is if you break the hanger you'll have to order it in china/ebay seller.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    hi NUJ! i guess i used to be in the same boat as your son. i had my bike stolen eoons ago during my elementary years.

uhm.. a really really really stupid question but i hope you guys bear with me..

i think the frame i am to get is the same frame as your pic NUJ. but how do i go about adjusting the suspension?

BTW, i hope im not violating any rights but as a reference i kinda copied and saved your pic NUJ.

(",)

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    ooops.. sorry wrong frame... its the pangolin... not the steel horse...

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

its not the one im getting but it has the same frame.. its a pangolin..
    Last edited by pyromancer0318; 11-08-2008 at 09:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

... and if we just ...

here's the pic and the one above.. sorry. its my first time and i had problems posting pics..

its mosso pangolin..

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    5 more days....
    hmmm......

ups and downs
    I'm guessing that's not a light frame, likely 6.5 to 7.5 pounds.

nuj
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    hello pyromancer0318,
    the shock that came with the bike is a simple coil spring, i bought a Spinner shock w/ preload adjustment. i used 140 psi and 3 clicks from closed as my adjustment. during climbing and sprint, the four bar linkage does it job with minimal bobbing. try to follow the instruction manual for the shock on your mosso and enjoy the ride. as for my new ride, i'm using a khs xc204 2008 model with shimano deore and lx parts

Waiting for Godot
    i got an ebay mosso ridgid alum fork for my cheap commuter bike.
    weight was very light(almost scary for a fork), but this mtb will only see road and some snow.

weight was within 5g of claimed. happy so far.
    get to know me thru my blog
    http://oilcanracer.blogspot.com/

spend $$ at my sponsors shop http://www.revolutionutah.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast