mtbr member
    Apr 2004

More weights on Stans Notubes Crow Tires

Hey Guys,

Just got my Notubes 'The Crow' 26x2.0 tires in the mail. 463 and 476 grams. The box says 410 so am a little disappointed. I'll still be using them though, hopefully the extra weight means they seal extra easily. I'll give some updates when I try them.

Cheers, John.
    Last edited by aussie_yeti; 08-24-2006 at 01:30 AM.

Trail rider and racer
    Look forward to hearing your ride comments. That weight fluctuation is a bit disappointing though. 463gr is hardly 410gr by any stretch.

Kenda seem to have always been the best in providing a near accurate weight.
    Trev!

SUBLIM8er
    I'd send them back. That's way off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

Recovering couch patato
    My 29" Crows are lighter for the set. However, per Shiggy's specs, the 26" ones are wider by quite a margin. Worth something for sure. Volume brings speed over bumps, and comfort over longer rides (or fitness on the last race lap).

mtbr member
    My first one purchased several months ago was 458g. The last two that recently bought were around 435g. Somebody mentioned the accuaracy of Kenda weights (don't they make the Crow?) Anyhow, I have Kenda Karmas in the garage that range from 417g to 488g.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    i mounted them with tubes to shape them before adding sealant and they filled out to just on 50mm (casing), tread is narrower. i might ring the importer (australia) and let him know, he might say send em back but i don't really care. still light tyres.

Members who have read this thread: 0