Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Marga FULLANA 3 times MTB world champ caught EPO doping...

what is going on with all these spanish riders.... that makes 4 of them within a week....
    yet, you have to admid that the spanish are very dominating in many sport (soccer world champ, Moto GP, tennis, and so on).

ups and downs
    Nooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. Our three major weapons are surprise testing out of season, fear of being tested in season and a fanatical devotion to Dick Pound.

Apparently they've just been using the comfy chair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marga FULLANA 3 times MTB world champ caught EPO doping...-spanish_inquisition.jpg  

Last edited by rockyuphill; 10-03-2010 at 07:21 AM.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The UCI and various sporting organizations should inflict a worldwide ban of the Spaniards in sport until they decide to clean it up. Or better yet allow CONI to go after them (and make the Spanish government pay them as consultants). The Italians seem pretty ruthless in exposing dopers. It's not so much the doping that bothers me as much as the pathetic whining and crying and excuses after the fact. I've read some good fiction this week...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MessagefromTate
    The UCI and various sporting organizations should inflict a worldwide ban of the Spaniards in sport until they decide to clean it up. Or better yet allow CONI to go after them (and make the Spanish government pay them as consultants). The Italians seem pretty ruthless in exposing dopers. It's not so much the doping that bothers me as much as the pathetic whining and crying and excuses after the fact. I've read some good fiction this week...
    Marion Jones, Landis, Papp, Hamilton...why donīt you ban worldwide the US athletes?

MaLóŒĒ*size=
    Definitely, something should be done. These spaniards wining everything itīs ridiculous, we should do something to stop this. I mean, when was the last time a french rider won tour the france? Iīm sure Rafael Nadal put esteroids on the bananas he eat.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by indian fire trail
    Marion Jones, Landis, Papp, Hamilton...why donīt you ban worldwide the US athletes?
    Those instances occurred over several years, not four in one week. The US also does punish dopers (ask Floyd or the others listed). As far as Spain is concerned Valverde has been wronged and so has Contador now. The Spanish judge tried to sweep Operation Puerto under the rug completely, the evidence is in and it's obvious what's going on...

mtbr member
    Those instances occurred over several years, not four in one week. The US also does punish dopers (ask Floyd or the others listed). As far as Spain is concerned Valverde has been wronged and so has Contador now. The Spanish judge tried to sweep Operation Puerto under the rug completely, the evidence is in and it's obvious what's going on...
    Iīm not defending spanish dopers but whatīs the diference? Itīs the same if it happens over several years or over a week; itīs doping...

Ban all spanish athletes without a proof is simply stupid, doesnīt make sense...

BTW, Itīs about time for the NBA to make doping tests to basketball players in search of steroids, clembuterol, etc...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by indian fire trail
    Iīm not defending spanish dopers but whatīs the diference? Itīs the same if it happens over several years or over a week; itīs doping...

Ban all spanish athletes without a proof is simply stupid, doesnīt make sense...

BTW, Itīs about time for the NBA to make doping tests to basketball players in search of steroids, clembuterol, etc...
    The difference is that the Spanish Cycling Federation will not willingly get involved and ban their dopers, THAT is a big difference which is why you get 4 positives in one week. They aren't worried...

I agree about the NBA, NFL, and MLB. If testing was enacted there (including recreational drugs) all three leagues would cease to exist...

banned
    Apr 2010
    They should ban all the top riders because it's slowly proving, even to the fanboys, that the top cyclists are all doping and to be even anywhere near the top, one must be doped to compete with the top dopers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    why not just ban all pro sports and get things back to the way they were meant to be...FUN!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by superspec
    why not just ban all pro sports and get things back to the way they were meant to be...FUN!
    Professional sport is a marketing and advertising business. Olympics included - they just use them to advertise countries in addition to companies. World does need marketing and advertising, that's just how it is.

mtbr member
    this drug and money thing will never end

MaLóŒĒ*size=
    Now seriously, do you really think both miguel indurain, lance armstrong or Pantani didnīt do doping??ŋ?ŋ

Analisis are getting better, actually they detected plastic on Contador blood. When Indurain they didnīt even control hematocrit percentage in blood, and when Armstrong and Pantani they did not control plastic. Actually plastic control is on test for now...

This is good for the sport... or a challenge for best doctors/drug designers..., maybe they should give the tour to Schleck.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

I can't agree more with you

I have the conviction that most, if not all, pro cyclist are using enhancing-performance drugs since the early days of bicycle racing. the book "LA confidential" explains very well the situation: with the Alpes D'huez climb, the looked at the average speed/weight/pedal cadence.... a top athlete may develop up to 400 watts. Pantani was on 460 and Amstrong on...525 watts. this is a scientific proof of doping, no question here.
    But Manuel, I was thinking that it is so strange that 4 top cyclists, all spanish, got caught within a couple of days. It is also strange the way you behave now, a contrario, you were so mean towards Amstrong, the yankees, nino, D8, and others for a long time.
    so good job body, good job indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MaLoL
    Now seriously, do you really think both miguel indurain, lance armstrong or Pantani didnīt do doping??ŋ?ŋ

Analisis are getting better, actually they detected plastic on Contador blood. When Indurain they didnīt even control hematocrit percentage in blood, and when Armstrong and Pantani they did not control plastic. Actually plastic control is on test for now...

This is good for the sport... or a challenge for best doctors/drug designers..., maybe they should give the tour to Schleck.

mtbr member
    Isn't it pretty much clear that all the top endurance cyclist dope in one way or another and that the only way to be competetive is to dope as well?
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

banned
    Apr 2010
    Not to 5 year olds and wrestling fans. It's still real to them, dammit!

MaLóŒĒ*size=
    Well, good and weird question, maybe they caught them now by casuality, cause they could have been doped before, or maybe not. Why they did not caught to Indurain or Armstrong?ŋ?ŋŋ

Do you think another spanish winning gives money to the UCI? wouldnīt be nicer another rider from another country?

WHY ALEJANDRO VALVERDE IS SUSPENDED FOR TWO YEARS WHEN HE WAS NEVER POSITIVE ON TESTS? Give me an answer for this smart ass.

Itīs same reason why the electric car was killed; SUPERIOR POWER RULES, THE ONES WITH THE MONEY, LIKE IN EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by greybicycle
    I have the conviction that most, if not all, pro cyclist are using enhancing-performance drugs since the early days of bicycle racing. the book "LA confidential" explains very well the situation: with the Alpes D'huez climb, the looked at the average speed/weight/pedal cadence.... a top athlete may develop up to 400 watts. Pantani was on 460 and Amstrong on...525 watts. this is a scientific proof of doping, no question here.
    But Manuel, I was thinking that it is so strange that 4 top cyclists, all spanish, got caught within a couple of days. It is also strange the way you behave now, a contrario, you were so mean towards Amstrong, the yankees, nino, D8, and others for a long time.
    so good job body, good job indeed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Edit:
    although I still believe what I said before, I shouldn't be contributing to this crap.
    WHY IS THIS IN THE WEIGHT WEENIES SECTION!!!
    Last edited by COLINx86; 10-06-2010 at 07:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

top athlete

first don't bother replying and complain, or else reply but don't complain.
    second, a good elite rider with dope can win more easely than a good pro without. think about it and read some books on the matter. read LA confidential and other on cyclist on dope. you can't race top level and not consume drugs. and mind you, I've knowned racer on local race taking EPO and even guys on sunday social ride that take aspirin ot other stuff to perform.
    it is human nature to cheat, and the raisons may vary from simple personnal glory to million dollars income.

Quote Originally Posted by COLINx86
    I don't believe this at all. Performance enhancing drugs only "put you over the top". Most people take all the drugs they want, they're not going to be Lance Armstrong. You already have to be a top level athlete.

And again, WHY IS THIS IN THE WEIGHT WEENIES SECTION!!!

mtbr member
    Any body got any pictures/info on what Marga was riding? Cos that's the ONLY thing I'm interested in in this forum.
    pain & fear is natures way of telling you you're getting old!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Was she a weight weenie?
    Does she like weenie?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Edit:
    Just looked at cheeserat's other posts. Not even gonna bother with him..

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My wife was second to Fullan last year at Huffalize. They road together the whole race until Fullan launched a huge attack on the final climb.

I know Catharine is clean. She won two world cups this year and the overall. So in womens MTBing at least, it is possible to be the best and be clean.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    anyway, would you realy tell us if your wife was cheating?

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lapinGTI
    anyway, would you realy tell us if your wife was cheating?
    That is why dopers suck. It means that any athlete who is successful is thought to be a cheat.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast