Results 1 to 49 of 49
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    44

    Marga FULLANA 3 times MTB world champ caught EPO doping...

    what is going on with all these spanish riders.... that makes 4 of them within a week....
    yet, you have to admid that the spanish are very dominating in many sport (soccer world champ, Moto GP, tennis, and so on).

  2. #2
    ups and downs
    Reputation: rockyuphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    15,316
    Nooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. Our three major weapons are surprise testing out of season, fear of being tested in season and a fanatical devotion to Dick Pound.

    Apparently they've just been using the comfy chair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marga FULLANA 3 times MTB world champ caught EPO doping...-spanish_inquisition.jpg  

    Last edited by rockyuphill; 10-03-2010 at 07:21 AM.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    540
    The UCI and various sporting organizations should inflict a worldwide ban of the Spaniards in sport until they decide to clean it up. Or better yet allow CONI to go after them (and make the Spanish government pay them as consultants). The Italians seem pretty ruthless in exposing dopers. It's not so much the doping that bothers me as much as the pathetic whining and crying and excuses after the fact. I've read some good fiction this week...

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: indian fire trail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by MessagefromTate
    The UCI and various sporting organizations should inflict a worldwide ban of the Spaniards in sport until they decide to clean it up. Or better yet allow CONI to go after them (and make the Spanish government pay them as consultants). The Italians seem pretty ruthless in exposing dopers. It's not so much the doping that bothers me as much as the pathetic whining and crying and excuses after the fact. I've read some good fiction this week...
    Marion Jones, Landis, Papp, Hamilton...why dont you ban worldwide the US athletes?

  5. #5
    MaL*size=
    Reputation: MaLoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    771
    Definitely, something should be done. These spaniards wining everything its ridiculous, we should do something to stop this. I mean, when was the last time a french rider won tour the france? Im sure Rafael Nadal put esteroids on the bananas he eat.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by indian fire trail
    Marion Jones, Landis, Papp, Hamilton...why dont you ban worldwide the US athletes?
    Those instances occurred over several years, not four in one week. The US also does punish dopers (ask Floyd or the others listed). As far as Spain is concerned Valverde has been wronged and so has Contador now. The Spanish judge tried to sweep Operation Puerto under the rug completely, the evidence is in and it's obvious what's going on...

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: indian fire trail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by MessagefromTate
    Those instances occurred over several years, not four in one week. The US also does punish dopers (ask Floyd or the others listed). As far as Spain is concerned Valverde has been wronged and so has Contador now. The Spanish judge tried to sweep Operation Puerto under the rug completely, the evidence is in and it's obvious what's going on...
    Im not defending spanish dopers but whats the diference? Its the same if it happens over several years or over a week; its doping...


    Ban all spanish athletes without a proof is simply stupid, doesnt make sense...

    BTW, Its about time for the NBA to make doping tests to basketball players in search of steroids, clembuterol, etc...

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by indian fire trail
    Im not defending spanish dopers but whats the diference? Its the same if it happens over several years or over a week; its doping...


    Ban all spanish athletes without a proof is simply stupid, doesnt make sense...

    BTW, Its about time for the NBA to make doping tests to basketball players in search of steroids, clembuterol, etc...
    The difference is that the Spanish Cycling Federation will not willingly get involved and ban their dopers, THAT is a big difference which is why you get 4 positives in one week. They aren't worried...

    I agree about the NBA, NFL, and MLB. If testing was enacted there (including recreational drugs) all three leagues would cease to exist...

  9. #9
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by MessagefromTate
    The UCI and various sporting organizations should inflict a worldwide ban of the Spaniards in sport until they decide to clean it up. Or better yet allow CONI to go after them (and make the Spanish government pay them as consultants). The Italians seem pretty ruthless in exposing dopers. It's not so much the doping that bothers me as much as the pathetic whining and crying and excuses after the fact. I've read some good fiction this week...
    They should ban all the top riders because it's slowly proving, even to the fanboys, that the top cyclists are all doping and to be even anywhere near the top, one must be doped to compete with the top dopers.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    544
    why not just ban all pro sports and get things back to the way they were meant to be...FUN!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by superspec
    why not just ban all pro sports and get things back to the way they were meant to be...FUN!
    Professional sport is a marketing and advertising business. Olympics included - they just use them to advertise countries in addition to companies. World does need marketing and advertising, that's just how it is.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wannabeRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,107
    this drug and money thing will never end

  13. #13
    MaL*size=
    Reputation: MaLoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    771
    Now seriously, do you really think both miguel indurain, lance armstrong or Pantani didnt do doping???

    Analisis are getting better, actually they detected plastic on Contador blood. When Indurain they didnt even control hematocrit percentage in blood, and when Armstrong and Pantani they did not control plastic. Actually plastic control is on test for now...

    This is good for the sport... or a challenge for best doctors/drug designers..., maybe they should give the tour to Schleck.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    44

    I can't agree more with you

    I have the conviction that most, if not all, pro cyclist are using enhancing-performance drugs since the early days of bicycle racing. the book "LA confidential" explains very well the situation: with the Alpes D'huez climb, the looked at the average speed/weight/pedal cadence.... a top athlete may develop up to 400 watts. Pantani was on 460 and Amstrong on...525 watts. this is a scientific proof of doping, no question here.
    But Manuel, I was thinking that it is so strange that 4 top cyclists, all spanish, got caught within a couple of days. It is also strange the way you behave now, a contrario, you were so mean towards Amstrong, the yankees, nino, D8, and others for a long time.
    so good job body, good job indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaLoL
    Now seriously, do you really think both miguel indurain, lance armstrong or Pantani didnt do doping???

    Analisis are getting better, actually they detected plastic on Contador blood. When Indurain they didnt even control hematocrit percentage in blood, and when Armstrong and Pantani they did not control plastic. Actually plastic control is on test for now...

    This is good for the sport... or a challenge for best doctors/drug designers..., maybe they should give the tour to Schleck.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: madsedan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,488
    Isn't it pretty much clear that all the top endurance cyclist dope in one way or another and that the only way to be competetive is to dope as well?
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

  16. #16
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    925
    Not to 5 year olds and wrestling fans. It's still real to them, dammit!

  17. #17
    MaL*size=
    Reputation: MaLoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    771
    Well, good and weird question, maybe they caught them now by casuality, cause they could have been doped before, or maybe not. Why they did not caught to Indurain or Armstrong??

    Do you think another spanish winning gives money to the UCI? wouldnt be nicer another rider from another country?

    WHY ALEJANDRO VALVERDE IS SUSPENDED FOR TWO YEARS WHEN HE WAS NEVER POSITIVE ON TESTS? Give me an answer for this smart ass.

    Its same reason why the electric car was killed; SUPERIOR POWER RULES, THE ONES WITH THE MONEY, LIKE IN EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS WORLD.

    Quote Originally Posted by greybicycle
    I have the conviction that most, if not all, pro cyclist are using enhancing-performance drugs since the early days of bicycle racing. the book "LA confidential" explains very well the situation: with the Alpes D'huez climb, the looked at the average speed/weight/pedal cadence.... a top athlete may develop up to 400 watts. Pantani was on 460 and Amstrong on...525 watts. this is a scientific proof of doping, no question here.
    But Manuel, I was thinking that it is so strange that 4 top cyclists, all spanish, got caught within a couple of days. It is also strange the way you behave now, a contrario, you were so mean towards Amstrong, the yankees, nino, D8, and others for a long time.
    so good job body, good job indeed.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    996
    Edit:
    although I still believe what I said before, I shouldn't be contributing to this crap.
    WHY IS THIS IN THE WEIGHT WEENIES SECTION!!!
    Last edited by COLINx86; 10-06-2010 at 07:19 PM.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4

    top athlete

    first don't bother replying and complain, or else reply but don't complain.
    second, a good elite rider with dope can win more easely than a good pro without. think about it and read some books on the matter. read LA confidential and other on cyclist on dope. you can't race top level and not consume drugs. and mind you, I've knowned racer on local race taking EPO and even guys on sunday social ride that take aspirin ot other stuff to perform.
    it is human nature to cheat, and the raisons may vary from simple personnal glory to million dollars income.



    Quote Originally Posted by COLINx86
    I don't believe this at all. Performance enhancing drugs only "put you over the top". Most people take all the drugs they want, they're not going to be Lance Armstrong. You already have to be a top level athlete.

    And again, WHY IS THIS IN THE WEIGHT WEENIES SECTION!!!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: karl711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    128
    Any body got any pictures/info on what Marga was riding? Cos that's the ONLY thing I'm interested in in this forum.
    pain & fear is natures way of telling you you're getting old!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,675
    Was she a weight weenie?
    Does she like weenie?

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    996
    Edit:
    Just looked at cheeserat's other posts. Not even gonna bother with him..

  23. #23
    LMN
    LMN is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,714
    My wife was second to Fullan last year at Huffalize. They road together the whole race until Fullan launched a huge attack on the final climb.

    I know Catharine is clean. She won two world cups this year and the overall. So in womens MTBing at least, it is possible to be the best and be clean.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    79
    anyway, would you realy tell us if your wife was cheating?

  25. #25
    LMN
    LMN is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,714
    Quote Originally Posted by lapinGTI
    anyway, would you realy tell us if your wife was cheating?
    That is why dopers suck. It means that any athlete who is successful is thought to be a cheat.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

  26. #26
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,150
    Quote Originally Posted by lapinGTI
    anyway, would you realy tell us if your wife was cheating?
    Not a guarantee of any sort, but if that were the case it would have been much easier and more logical for LMN to not post up at all in this thread.

  27. #27
    ups and downs
    Reputation: rockyuphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    15,316
    Yep, wide brushes dipped in tar. Even when the athletes are racing clean and putting up with the 24 hour location notification hassles, the regular ambush urine samples and blood tests that can be any time of day and anywhere, or the med tech taking blood samples being ham-fisted and not being able to find veins, as some riders discovered at the MTB World Champs for day of race blood tests.

    For successful clean athletes, trying to avoid the doper label is like trying to answer the question "Do you still beat your wife?" It's hard to prove a negative.

    At 38 Fullana is getting kinda long in the tooth for a 90 minute World Cup race pace. The same sort of thing happened to racers like Alison Sydor in that same age range and she successfully moved to doing multi-day stage races where endurance is more important than 90 minutes of high output (although Sydor was still doing well in 45 minute CX races when she was 40).

    No one likes to admit they're getting older and don't have what they had when they were 5 years younger, but some athletes are better at accepting the changes in their capabilities than others. It depends on how much of their personal identity is wrapped up in being a racer and what sort of balance they have in their life. From her admission it sounds like Fullana's life was generally off the rails in the past year.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

  28. #28
    MaL*size=
    Reputation: MaLoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    771
    I think contador was doped, also any information is not official, but if rumors become true...

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by MaLoL
    I think contador was doped, also any information is not official, but if rumors become true...
    of course he was doped, has been doped. i think 95% of the pros are doped, mtbers don't
    get caught as much because there are less of them and i don't think they get anywhere near the amount of tests.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gticlay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,666
    Easy fix. Manditory mid race testing. Everybody stops (Moto enduro style) and gets tested.
    "It looks flexy"

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: seppk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    157

  32. #32
    MaL*size=
    Reputation: MaLoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    771
    question; according to latest lance armstrong investigations; is there any other rider more doped than lance in the last 20 years of this sport?

    answer; No.

    Hope that bastard goes to jail.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    61
    Please post a link to the report.

  34. #34

  35. #35
    MaL*size=
    Reputation: MaLoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    771
    I forgot the best one:

    Sports Illustrated*reports*new information on Lance Armstrong - More Sports - SI.com

    Perhaps we have to check who were second in all 7 Lance tours... They were doped too probably, but not proven... LOL.

  36. #36
    Don't be a sheep
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,384
    Quote Originally Posted by MaLoL View Post
    question; according to latest lance armstrong investigations; is there any other rider more doped than lance in the last 20 years of this sport?

    answer; No.

    Hope that bastard goes to jail.
    It's awesome that this has been eating at you for so long that you dug up a two year old thread. I'm happy!
    "Do not touch the trim"

  37. #37
    MaL*size=
    Reputation: MaLoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    771
    so, dear yankees, now you have nothing to say bout this?

    You complain bout spanish cheaters, but no spanish cheater, not such a clear cheater as lance would have been allowed to win 7 tours doped... it's certainly a business reason but... it seems this is clearer each day.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    46
    You dug up a 2 year-old thread with 6+ month old information and you expect people to take it seriously? Gilipollas.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by MaLoL View Post
    so, dear yankees, now you have nothing to say bout this?

    You complain bout spanish cheaters, but no spanish cheater, not such a clear cheater as lance would have been allowed to win 7 tours doped... it's certainly a business reason but... it seems this is clearer each day.
    Yep, the Spanish cheaters aren't as good, their best guy only managed 5 wins. I guess Indurain and Valverde needed better friends and more ability...

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by zac102 View Post
    You dug up a 2 year-old thread with 6+ month old information and you expect people to take it seriously? Gilipollas.
    I understand your point of view, it must be why american don't belive in evolution theory, too old news
    Last edited by lapinGTI; 01-30-2012 at 07:13 AM.

  41. #41
    LMN
    LMN is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,714
    Quote Originally Posted by MaLoL View Post
    so, dear yankees, now you have nothing to say bout this?

    You complain bout spanish cheaters, but no spanish cheater, not such a clear cheater as lance would have been allowed to win 7 tours doped... it's certainly a business reason but... it seems this is clearer each day.
    I think if actually asked people on this forum many will say that Lance Armstrong did cheat and his money and influence allowed him to get away with it. I am willing to bet that when Contrador is cleared this week, and the same will be said about him. Dopers come from the US, dopers come from Spain, dopers even come from Canada.

    Chris Sheppard, the most prominent north american to be suspended for doping in mountain biking, is from my home town.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by lapinGTI View Post
    I understand your point of view, it must be why american don't belive in evolution theory, too old news
    I don't think you do understand my point of view. trolling is trolling.

    Most Americans believe in evolution outside a small quantity of very vocal religious fundamentalists. but on the bright side, at least they haven't spent well over a couple hundred years killing each other over minor religious differences. # protestant reformation

  43. #43
    Rock and/or Roll
    Reputation: turbogrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    485
    Unless any of you have pictures and weights of Marga Fullana's bike, then STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD. This is the weight weenies forum, not the doper's forum.
    DO NOT POST POST ANY FURTHER DOPING COMMENTS IN THIS FORUM.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by turbogrover View Post
    Unless any of you have pictures and weights of Marga Fullana's bike, then STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD. This is the weight weenies forum, not the doper's forum.
    DO NOT POST POST ANY FURTHER DOPING COMMENTS IN THIS FORUM.
    I'll post as I see fit, so mind your own business as the thread was titled and nobody asked you to read...

  45. #45
    Rock and/or Roll
    Reputation: turbogrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by MessagefromTate View Post
    I'll post as I see fit, so mind your own business as the thread was titled and nobody asked you to read...

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by turbogrover View Post
    Unless any of you have pictures and weights of Marga Fullana's bike, then STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD. This is the weight weenies forum, not the doper's forum.
    DO NOT POST POST ANY FURTHER DOPING COMMENTS IN THIS FORUM.
    stfu

  47. #47
    MaL*size=
    Reputation: MaLoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    771
    anyone wants to come back to the thread topic, or it's so extremely clear now that armstrong is a very professional cheater, so we better talk about BS, like inquisition and lightweight bikes?

    7doped tours, now, that is a record. indeed. congratulations yankees. now the question is how did he managed:

    1.- maybe the tour organization hid the positive doping tests?
    2.- as he has had cancer he was allowed to have testosterone?
    3.- they had a method to never appear positive on doping tests?
    4.- doping tests are not so frequent outside of europe, or if you are a economically valuable american rider?
    5.- this doctor had a method to show riders as non positive during doping tests?

    all usps was doped... said by the riders... armstrong was doped and taken epo, said by himself, take a read in wikipedia entrance for lance armstrong.

  48. #48
    Rock and/or Roll
    Reputation: turbogrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by peabody View Post
    stfu
    LOL

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by MaLoL View Post
    anyone wants to come back to the thread topic, or it's so extremely clear now that armstrong is a very professional cheater, so we better talk about BS, like inquisition and lightweight bikes?

    7doped tours, now, that is a record. indeed. congratulations yankees. now the question is how did he managed:

    1.- maybe the tour organization hid the positive doping tests?
    2.- as he has had cancer he was allowed to have testosterone?
    3.- they had a method to never appear positive on doping tests?
    4.- doping tests are not so frequent outside of europe, or if you are a economically valuable american rider?
    5.- this doctor had a method to show riders as non positive during doping tests?

    all usps was doped... said by the riders... armstrong was doped and taken epo, said by himself, take a read in wikipedia entrance for lance armstrong.
    Yep, but Contador was so dumb he managed to test positive by screwing up his transfusion. Instead of letting his bro manage his pharmaceuticals maybe he should work with professionals like Armstrong did.

Similar Threads

  1. Floid Landis (as Armstrong) caught by doping...
    By MaLoL in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 08:48 AM
  2. MALOL won't like it but CONTADOR has been caught doping....
    By cheese rider in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 10:06 AM
  3. World Champ' on 951
    By Intenseman in forum Intense
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 04:06 PM
  4. Another rider caught doping
    By JrockFeltaz in forum Arizona
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 01:53 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 01:27 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •