mtbr member
    Jan 2008

looking for light budget seatpost

wondering what light seatposts are out there that don't break the bank. My current post weighs about 320g. I've seen some of the ebay carbon posts but haven't seen much in way of reviews of them. what else is out there, or is that best bang for buck?

mtbr member
    I've had some success with aliexpress in ordering CF parts. 1 thing they do is act as a middle man for transactions. the supplier doesn't get paid until you receive the part AND you are satisfied with it. far better than ebay in my opinion.

I have a seat post that I bought, but is the wrong size. (31.6. I need 30.8). my fault though, not the suppliers. so i can't comment on the overall quality. but I will be buying the correct size soon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Can you comment on the performance of the seatpost above? How is the performance when adjusting height?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smellurfingers View Post
    Can you comment on the performance of the seatpost above? How is the performance when adjusting height?
    I can't use this seat post on my current bike. I accidentally bought the wrong size. i paid less than $50 for it so I'm not out a considerable amount. and the cost to ship it back for a refund is about the same price I paid. To me it looks fine. I plan on buying another 1 in the correct size.

another close up of the mount bracket.

mtbr member
    The KCNC Ti seatpost is cheap and light. Reviews are hit or miss.

Rotor have a light aluminum post for around $100.

or you could just search for a deal on any name brand within your budget/weight.

insert sarcasm here
    Not the lightest seatpost, but around 225-250g for a carbon post and less than $50, not bad. Syncros FL

Linky here:

Syncros 2012 FL Carbon Fiber Seatpost 31 6 x 400mm Road Mountain Bike New | eBay
    I'm always looking for new people to ride with. If you are on the Front Range, shoot me a PM and let's go ridin'.

Maromero

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

Re: looking for light budget seatpost

Anyone try the Hylix cf posts off of eBay?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GelatiCruiser View Post
    Anyone try the Hylix cf posts off of eBay?
    I have a Hylix 31.6 post from ebay. I "looks" the same as the Bontrager XXX but I've never seen one in person to do a direct comparison. I did show it to my LBS guys and they seemed to think it looks good. I'm in the process of building my new bike so I don't have any ride time on it yet. So, sadly I'm not much help. I went with the Hylix over the other xxx copies (which are/were cheaper) only because the seller on ebay claims a 2 year warranty. I'm hoping someone that's coping an xxx and calling it something else and offering a 2 year warranty might actually be good vs. the seller that is claiming to sell a actual xxx post for $35 with no warranty. Only time will tell in this case. If you can wait a couple months, I can let you know how it's going...

FYI, mine weighed 207 grams. I've since swapped a Specialized carbon rail kit to it for a carbon saddle. I think that added a few grams.

Post and seller I ordered from.

Hylix Carbon Zero Seatpost-31.6-400MM-192g-for Road&MTB bike | eBay

Good luck!

mtbr member

Kalloy Uno SP-343

How about a 250g aluminum seatpost for $15? I got one of these for my son, they look great, high quality clamp, and incredibly light for aluminum. It's 400mm long -- if you cut it down a little bit, you could save even more weight.

BlueSkyCycling.com - Kalloy Uno SP-343 Seatpost